• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Divorce

this is wrong, efa-10 registera transactions, does not register ownership, and there are several ways to legally own guns that were never fa-10'd

Yeah, I know that, that's what I was meaning to say, they know which firearms you have purchased AND registered.

Everytime I bring this up I get a load of shit from people here. View attachment 537041

The problem as I see it is the 50 year radical feminist agenda has permeated every sector of our lives/ government, .mil, and judicial system.....and sheeple still don't see it. I am woke

Think of marriage in the terms of a business partnership: if you do not have an agreement specifying property division (among other things) prior to entering into this partnership agreement (and in some cases after) the default rules apply.

The problem as I see it is the 50 year radical feminist agenda has permeated every sector of our lives/ government, .mil, and judicial system.....and sheeple still don't see it. I am woke
Exactly. All these guys saying "my woman isn't like that" until their woman gets like that.
Fact-50% of marriages end in divorce
Fact-70% of divorces are initiated by the female.
Why would anyone in their right mind do something that has a 50% failure rate and 70% of the time you have no say in it?

Exactly. All these guys saying "my woman isn't like that" until their woman gets like that.
Why would anyone in their right mind do something that has a 50% failure rate and 70% of the time you have no say in it?

I would add they control what your children now think, feel and read. If you don't understand this you need to bone up on CCP brainwashing.

I believe the initiation rate by women is 80%. Another statistic is 90% of the women that get a college degree after they are married file for divorce. The destruction of our society really did start with title IV.
If you want to get a marriage license I think it should be a state requirement that you watch divorce corp. f*** that Pre-Cana nonsense.

This is unfortunately the best option most of the time. My brother went through a nasty divorce years ago and got some advice from my uncle (who was also divorced). His advice was Just give her half of everything and get it done.....you'll spend more in attorney fees fighting the inevitable. He went that route.....sold the house and split the equity......401ks were totaled then split......no alimony and they shared custody of their daughter. He did end up with child support but your never gonna get out of that. Saved him buckets of cash in the long run.

Op as far as military pension......if you were married for at least 10 yeaes while serving she's entitled to a piece of that pension. Hate to break that news to you. If you have any gi bill benefits left the ex spouse is NOT entitled to that as it'd a soldier benefit that the soldier decides how to use. Had a buddy that went through that battle when his ex tries to say he had to let her go to college and use 50 percent of his post 911 gi bill......uh....nope.....gi bills are not automatically marital property.

I can't speak to what your ping through have not been there......but stay the course and time will make things better. Hang in there.
This 100%.

Unfortunately the OP (his wife) already involved a lawyer. There goes tens of thousands of dollars.

If the relationship with your wife is not totally destroyed, tell her lawyers are costing a fortune, you split everything 50/50. Throw 5 sh*t guns on the table, say they are worth $200 each and pay her $500 for her half and fire the lawyers. DONE.

Stop paying those scumbag lawyers as soon as you can.

I know people that spent north of $10K (each) on lawyers. like WTF ... the guy would have been better off just offering her an extra $5K and walking away.

I believe the initiation rate by women is 80%. Another statistic is 90% of the women that get a college degree after they are married file for divorce. The destruction of our society really did start with title IV.
If you want to get a marriage license I think it should be a state requirement that you watch divorce corp. f*** that Pre-Cana nonsense.
Yup. And I think paternity tests should be required before the father is allowed to sign the birth certificate.
No telling how many men are unknowingly raising children that aren't theirs.

FF has stated 80% in a previous posting of women bashing. He should try to at least be consistant.

Spousal support should no longer be an option. It was necessary when females couldn't work but there no reason for it now.
Strong independent woman getting paid by a man just for existing and being female.
Strong independent women do not need nor want spousal support.

Spousal support should no longer be an option. It was necessary when females couldn't work but there no reason for it now.
Strong independent woman getting paid by a man just for existing and being female.

Spousal support (Alimony) usually only comes in to play if you make $250K or more per year and there's a large disparity between spousal incomes.

Child Support, on the other hand, is pretty standard and is based on what both parties make, who has primary custody of the child(ren), who pays for health coverage, etc. It's not uncommon for the wife to pay support if she makes more than dad and/or if dad has the kids more than mom. If the parents make the similar amounts and split the kids evenly, child support is minimal.

Spousal support (Alimony) usually only comes in to play if you make $250K or more per year and there's a large disparity between spousal incomes.

Child Support, on the other hand, is pretty standard and is based on what both parties make, who has primary custody of the child(ren), who pays for health coverage, etc. It's not uncommon for the wife to pay support if she makes more than dad and/or if dad has the kids more than mom. If the parents make the similar amounts and split the kids evenly, child support is minimal.
Not true. I was married 10 years and the judge mentioned that was a long-term marriage, even though we didn't agree to alimony between us, the judge put it in the divorce decree that either one of us could come back for it later.
If it's a 20 year marriage, the guy is going to be paying alimony until he is 65

Not true. I was married 10 years and the judge mentioned that was a long-term marriage, even though we didn't agree to alimony between us, the judge put it in the divorce decree that either one of us could come back for it later.
If it's a 20 year marriage, the guy is going to be paying alimony until he is 65

I said usually and I stand by that. Are you paying alimony? Support can always be revisited as circumstances change. 20 years doesn't mean you're paying alimony until you're 65, not unless there's a large disparity in income and you make over a certain amount in which case you're probably not off the hook at 65 either.

I said usually and I stand by that. Are you paying alimony? Support can always be revisited as circumstances change. 20 years doesn't mean you're paying alimony until you're 65, not unless there's a large disparity in income and you make over a certain amount in which case you're probably not off the hook at 65 either.
I'm not paying alimony. there was not difference in income. my ex and I agreed that it would not be an issue; the presiding judge made it an issue and said either of us could revisit the issue until both were remarried.

In Massachusetts, alimony terminates at the full retirement age of the payer, once they start collecting SS

I'm not paying alimony. there was not difference in income. my ex and I agreed that it would not be an issue; the presiding judge made it an issue and said either of us could revisit the issue until both were remarried.

In Massachusetts, alimony terminates at the full retirement age of the payer, once they start collecting SS

Exactly, you're not paying because you didn't meet the Alimony qualifications. Just because the judge said you could revisit doesn't mean you'd be paying it if things didn't change and you then met the standard, which is typically $250K in income plus a large disparity.

It's good to see that Alimony terminates. When I was going through it they were just changing the law, before that there was no automatic sunset on Alimony.

Strong independent women do not need nor want spousal support.
Yup S. Grapes, I commend your courage and independence, you remind me of my daughter, a woman with a lion heart. Suffer not those of us who don't understand women these days. I do, but until the great awaking...

Exactly, you're not paying because you didn't meet the Alimony qualifications. Just because the judge said you could revisit doesn't mean you'd be paying it if things didn't change and you then met the standard, which is typically $250K in income plus a large disparity.

It's good to see that Alimony terminates. When I was going through it they were just changing the law, before that there was no automatic sunset on Alimony.
I was divorced in 1996...way before the reform law of 2011

The coaching is absolutely true. I've told this story here on nes but it is such a win I'll tell it again.

Work acquaintance of mine many years ago was going through a divorce. He owned many guns. His wife didn't want anything to do with them and didn't know what he had only that he had handguns and Long guns. She didn't even know the combo to the safe. They were living in separate bedrooms and both had layered up. His lawyer told him to sell all his guns to his father..... do all the transfers at an ffl.......move the guns out when she's not home.......and put all the transfer paperwork in the safe and lock it up. Don't say anything to the wife. It paid off. One night they got into a verbal argument and she called the police and said he threatened her with a handgun. He stopped talking to her immediately and sat down in the kitchen and waited for the cops to arrive. Yup.....cops arrived and she said he threatened her with a gun and then put it back in the safe before the police arrived. Cops go to him and said we need to see that gun.....he said I don't own any I sold them to my father a month ago. He went to the safe....unlocked the door stepped back and said transfer documents are all on the top shelf. Even the cops were laughing at that point. She vomited on the floor as they cuffed her and arrested her for false police report. Total win.
I hope she got 6 months

Back
Top Bottom