Next gun suggestions?

Cover number 4 with a nice accurate platform
SW model 41, target 22lr bolt gun great for practicing fundamentals, ballistics,trajectories and your skills.
Nice accurate rifle of some sort.

A remington 870 is always good to have also. Very versatile

M1 garand make a good plinker also and could be used at cmp matches to practice your proficiency in positions.

#1 & 2 you already have covered fairly well with the guns you have I think.

So reading into #3 & 4 I would look at .22lr handguns and rifles. This is a good size to get your family involved in shooting. Good size for basic training skills and ammo is fairly inexpensive and looks to go even lower in the near future if all reports are correct. .22lr firearms are fairly inexpensive too and for $500-600 you could easily have a handgun and rifle.

For tinkering, you have the Ruger 10/22 and S&W SW22 Victory. Both are a tinkerers wet dream as there are many aftermarket pieces for both. This is especially true of the 10/22. The 10/22 has been around forever and every piece of the gun can be replaced with aftermarket parts, including the receiver which the entire gun is built off of. The SW22 is a fairly new firearm but was designed by S&W to be a modder's platform. Volquartsen worked with S&W to build aftermarket products specific to the SW22 available upon release. Tandemkross offers many functional and inexpensive upgrade parts for the SW22 as well. Their Victory Trigger has been a huge hit.

I would add to the shotgun pile-on. Mossberg 930 is an affordable gas semi auto shotty that comes in a wide variety of setups for numerous applications.

Maybe a 10/22, a mini14/sks/9mm or .45 carbine - some sort of rifle alternative to your AR. If you like shotguns go for it, but when I had one it stayed home almost every time I went to the range.

Although I am considering another...

If you like shotguns go for it, but when I had one it stayed home almost every time I went to the range.

Yep. I have a polished stainless or nickel plated Mossberg 500 12 gauge that has been sitting in my safe for probably 3 years now. I have too much fun with my 1911's, revolvers, AR 22, and my milsurp rifles. Maybe I'll bust out the Mossberg on Friday when I go to the range....

Personally I'd get a .22 rifle before a shotgun. I think the .22 is just a step above a shotgun in importance when looking at what you already own.

Personally I'd get a .22 rifle before a shotgun. I think the .22 is just a step above a shotgun in importance when looking at what you already own.

Meh. A .22 rifle is a trainer unless you hunt squirrels. Shotgun makes moar bigger holes.

Back
Top Bottom