Dick's will not sell handgun ammo to LTC-A with restrictions

walmarts in NH often won't sell handgun ammo to MA residents. I just used to tell them the 9mm wasn't for a pistol but a submachine gun and then it's ok.

When I worked in Chelmsford i used to go to the Hudson NH Walmart all the time. Never an issue with the rednecks working the ammo counter there.
True story, I had the guy spit his chew into the waste basket while he was waiting on me.

walmarts in NH often won't sell handgun ammo to MA residents. I just used to tell them the 9mm wasn't for a pistol but a submachine gun and then it's ok.
I never had that happen. Always asked for the ltc, but never restricted what I could buy.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Next time mess with their heads a little and thell them it is for a riftol, that new hybrid type gun.

Real conversation that happened:

"I need some 44 magnum"

"That's for rifles and not pistols..."

"Uh...it's for both..."

*Blank stare*

Idiots

Got a call today from the Saugus store telling me it was miscommunication and that they will sell to me. I don't know at what point in the food chain there was miscommunication, but it appears to be fixed. Perhaps it was only at the Saugus store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also have refused to shop their since they banned evil black rifles. I still stop in when I end up at the mall, but mostly just to redirect anyone I see in the gun section to a real gun shop...

Update: After my tweet the corporate HR person got in touch ...

Got a call today from the Saugus store telling me it was miscommunication and that they will sell to me. I don't know at what point in the food chain there was miscommunication, but it appears to be fixed. Perhaps it was only at the Saugus store.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like the dates work out. sorry for the late edit.

NEURO Oct 13 @dicks 10/13 Saugus,MA store mgt. is no longer accepting the LTC-A(restricted-hunting/sport) for ammo purchases. Is this policy correct?

DSG Customer Service ‏@DSGSupport Oct 16

@NEURO(real twitter withheld) Sorry about this. We reached out to the store to address and are working with the associate that gave you incorrect info.

hopefully the issue is resolved

Last edited:
don't bother. Every time I walk into a Dick's, the answer is always, no sir, we don't have any .... left.

what is james a veteran of....dick's ammo counter or armed forces?

i don't see a reason to shop at dick's. every month or so there's a thread bitching about the place and their oddball policies. i've been twice and they aren't doing you any favors. if someone has to shop around to save 50 cents on a box of ammo...well this shooting business is too rich for them. go somewhere else, problem solved

+1
I've seen all I need to see after a few visits to the "outdoor superstores" such as Dick's and Bass Pro. Too much pretty scenery glam and high prices , not much to offer for the hardcore shooting enthusiast. However I do like Cabela's

Update: After my tweet the corporate HR person got in touch ...

Looks like the dates work out. sorry for the late edit.

hopefully the issue is resolved

Good info. Thanks. I haven't been back, because like I said; I only go when it's convenient. Glad their peeps reached out to you. Thanks for doing that. After I viewed a bunch of DSG people on LinkedIn, several folks viewed me back. Always another avenue if social media fails.

Back
Top Bottom