• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Dick's calls cops on Sikh woman who is a firearms instructor and wanted ammo

"Fremont police said the officers apologized to Sangha but defended their duty to check out what residents consider "suspicious."
Since when is buying ammo considered "suspicious "

It's suspicious because it's California. No one should be allowed to buy 8 boxes of ammo.

An East Bay woman visited a Dick’s Sporting Goods last week and asked a store employee about buying eight boxes of ammunition for her AR-15. Two days later, on Friday, Sim Sangha received an unwelcome visit by two police officers.

And I'm going to Dicks today........to buy a fishing reel. I hope the Pond Police don't show up at my house checking on my fishing license.

The governor of south carolina was raised a Sikh, she became a methodist when she got married. She's a shooter, good thing she doesn't live in one of those Liberal "inclusive" areas.

haley-shooting-rifle.jpg

Since the left is trying their hardest to vilify gun owners?
Which they've basically been doing since Columbine. Half of the pinheaded mom's and dad's lining a soccer field practice or softball game in Cambridge, Newton, Winchester etc would, if asked, probably say NES is as big a "threat to American society" as ISIS.

I've got a co-worker who is Sikh. We have an annual awards dinner at the Irish Cultural Center in Canton.
I love watching the look on the face of the Irish bartender when the bearded, turban wearing guy orders Whiskey... Every... Damn... Year... Priceless.

Obviously a devote muslim woman would not patronize a place called dicks. She's good to go.

[laugh]
Poor girl.
Hit the perfect storm.
1) She looks Muslim.
2) ASKED about buying 8 boxes of 5.56, but didn't buy any.
3) Bought a black exercise mask with ventilators that covers her face instead.

ok, gotta admit, that would raise my cackles a bit too......I guess I'm racist.

who the heck buys 8 boxes?? Just buy a case.

The Sikhs have a pretty strong history of being warriors.
I don't think it's the practice any more, but years ago in some countries Sikhs were allowed to carry their dagger onto planes because always having it on them to fight evil was a religious requirement.

------------

The problem with profiling is that it works. Like it or not, a poorly dressed black male in his teens to 20's in an urban center is more likely to be carrying an illegal weapon than a 35 year old asian guy whose beltline is above his crack.

Society has decided, and reasonably so, that despite the effectiveness of profiling, it is not an acceptable enforcement technique.

One thing that complicates the discussion is that people are unwilling to fact up to this basic reality, and like to pretend that profiling is not effective.

The San Bernadino terroriosts visited a gun range before their rampage. If the range owner had pointed this out to the police as "suspicious characters", he would have been profiling but, due to "profiling is bad", this activity was "nothing suspicious".

Last edited:
[laugh]
Poor girl.
Hit the perfect storm.
1) She looks Muslim.

I disagree on Point #1. She does not look Muslim, facial features are typically much different.

Add Item 4) She went to Dick's!

[laugh]
Poor girl.
Hit the perfect storm.
1) She looks Muslim.

exercise mask check + ammo check + dick's reports to police check + police show up check = sue everyone and get huge payday...priceless

In San Bernardino the neighbor was afraid of being labeled as racist, do said nothing.

Yet the MSM hasn't come forward with why the neighbor thought they were suspicious. It could be something as ****ing dumb as "They were muslim and unfriendly" so that means they're suspicious. People should mind their own ****ing business, generally, otherwise Kravitzes will run the world, and by that kind of standard half the guys on this board would have the kopsch summoned on them because they're probably not running out and making their neighbors coffee cakes when they get a new person in the neighborhood....

-Mike

I was watching a doc last night about Asian food, and the girl visited a Sikh temple. The same one that suffered that shooting back in 2012. I had forgotten the story. IIRC it was around 5-6 people killed by a white supremacist. The Sikhs have a pretty strong history of being warriors. I'm not surprised there's a Sikh firearms instructor, as much as I'm not surprised that idiots can't tell the difference between Muslims and Sikhs.

Whoever profiled this woman is a blithering idiot. Dark skinned and middle eastern/strange sounding name (dunno if she got pinged for ID when attempting to buy ammo) and asked about buying ammo for an AR15... well, most women don't shoot... so she MUST be a militant muslim... [rolleyes]

-Mike

Whoever profiled this woman is a blithering idiot. Dark skinned and middle eastern/strange sounding name (dunno if she got pinged for ID when attempting to buy ammo) and asked about buying ammo for an AR15... well, most women don't shoot... so she MUST be a militant muslim... [rolleyes]

-Mike

Is Indian Middle East?
**** man a lot of my family in Italy look middle eastern .

-Mike
Check the MSM out. After you've been exposed to that for a while you'll reach the opinion that all dark skinned people are radical Muslim terrorists. Remember what the late great George Carlin said....

Stupid%2BPeople.jpg

That statement is not backed up by data. People should not be harassed by the way they dress, but by their behavior. College kids, both black & white tend to be poorly dressed. You are feeding into the stereotype that kids who are poorly dressed should be targeted by law enforcement because you are uncomfortable with their clothes.[smile]

As a reminder, under the Fourth Amendment, police officers can legally stop and detain a person only when they have a reasonable suspicion that the person is committing, has committed or is about to commit a crime.

------------

The problem with profiling is that it works. Like it or not, a poorly dressed black male in his teens to 20's in an urban center is more likely to be carrying an illegal weapon.

Last edited:
From now on all people should have to wear a tag that states their country of origin and their religion, or even better a tattoo. This would eliminate all the issues and lead to a safe world for everyone.

Since there are many Sikhs and many Muslims in India, it's not surprising that people can't distinguish them.
It's hard enough for people to distinguish ethnicities, let alone religions.
Most people just stop at "oriental" or "middle eastern", or, in some cases, "different."

Did you all miss the fact that she bought a mask at the same time she was inquiring about ammo? Granted, it was an exercise mask, but the video's view of it showed that it would work perfectly as a disguise. They didn't say that, but that would raise the level of suspicions for me. I'm giving the clerk a break here.

Yet the MSM hasn't come forward with why the neighbor thought they were suspicious. It could be something as ****ing dumb as "They were muslim and unfriendly" so that means they're suspicious. People should mind their own ****ing business, generally, otherwise Kravitzes will run the world, and by that kind of standard half the guys on this board would have the kopsch summoned on them because they're probably not running out and making their neighbors coffee cakes when they get a new person in the neighborhood....

-Mike

I thought the neighbors said boxes were being delivered at weird times without anything written on them and stuff?

Back
Top Bottom