Dear Gun Stores: You don't have to be a dick when I call to ask about availability

Status
Not open for further replies.

daveshrews

NES Member
I know times are tough right now, and all the COLLECTORS have bought up all your inventory, but when I call to ask if you have something to save myself an hour round trip, you don't have to be an ass to me. I know you're busy standing around with other COLLECTORS talking about your COLLECTIONS.

I'll just take my business to a better gun store... one that is friendly to its customers during all FOUR SEASONS.

/rant

what's your phone number? i will call you over and over again for weeks at a time asking several variations of the same question see how long you can go being patient

Let me guess - Beretta Inox? I got the same response from them this morning...

what's your phone number? i will call you over and over again for weeks at a time asking several variations of the same question see how long you can go being patient

Guess what part of owning and running a business is? CUSTOMER SERVICE. Don't like their customer service? Eff em and take your dollar somewhere else.

THISGONBGUD.gif

Shortly after I got out of the Marines I got a job working in the front offices of a manufacturing company. For three years I answered the phone over and over and over for people calling to ask several variations of the same questions. Those people calling and asking those questions were justifying my employment, so I was happy to help them out each and every single time.

Guess what part of owning and running a business is? CUSTOMER SERVICE. Don't like their customer service? Eff em and take your dollar somewhere else.

which is what he said he was doing. the boohoo thread is for? however to be fair what was the question op?

Then close shop. That is BS statement.
again depends on the question. In dealing with the general public at work everyday from all walks of life some times the only answer is a "smart ass" answer.

Last edited:
Listen, providers don't need to provide customer service, it's just something we want.

If there was a market for service focused business, there would be far more. I'm talking the type of service where a town car picks you up, you have a host or hostess, and shit has your initials monogrammed on. There ain't, because gun buyers want champagne for the price of kool aid. It is what it is, deal with Capt. Surly, or order from another place. Basspro has always been super polite in my experience, fwiw.

- - - Updated - - -

which is what he said he was doing. the boohoo thread is for? however to be fair what was the question op?

He was looking for a shoulder thing that goes up.

How would he know how many calls with the same question have been called in to the store? He wanted to purchase something.

This has been discussed before on here. Remember them in the future when stocks return. Don't give them future business.

My favorite recent interaction over the phone happened a few weeks ago:

me: "Hello sir, what do you have in stock for 9mm ammunition?"

sales guy on phone: "Hahahaha...." (followed by silence, so I guess that was his answer)

And that was that. Hung up, called Four Seasons, got through their busy phone lines after about 10 minutes of trying, they had ammo, told me what kind without me even asking, and I went over and bought it.

This has been discussed before on here. Remember them in the future when stocks return. Don't give them future business.
This is important, and don't go back on it either, like going back to an ex or something. Done is done. As much as I hate the whining about service, I hate people that swear off a place and then go back to them even more.

How would he know how many calls with the same question have been called in to the store? He wanted to purchase something.

I believe he was looking too see if they had an item in stock to purchase.

Will he be getting paid to take these repeat phone calls? Will he be relying on your money to feed and clothe himself over these week?

Listen, providers don't need to provide customer service, it's just something we want.

If there was a market for service focused business, there would be far more. I'm talking the type of service where a town car picks you up, you have a host or hostess, and shit has your initials monogrammed on. There ain't, because gun buyers want champagne for the price of kool aid. It is what it is, deal with Capt. Surly, or order from another place. Basspro has always been super polite in my experience, fwiw.

- - - Updated - - -

He was looking for a shoulder thing that goes up.
everyone knows they only have left shoulder things that go down in stock everywhere. the state says they are less "killie"

Hmmmm. I called Collectors this morning , one of my fav shops, and spoke with a guy I never talked to before. He checked to see if he had any Henry Survival rifles left because I've been looking everywhere for one. He had one left, and I asked if I could have him put it aside for me (not all shops allow this). He said sure and took down my name. Excellent service and I'll be buying it on the way home from work. Sorry for rambling , but I had to share my positive experience that I had today. There are certain trigger questions that you shouldn't ask shops. Depending on mood, " you got an 223?!??!" Is a bad thing to call and ask a shop. I don't know what you asked about but call back and complain to them, not NES.

How do you know they dont have to be dicks on the phone? Did you ask if thats their phone policy? Maybe the owner requires it or they lose their job, do you want them to get fired? How are they supposed to provide for their family then? Heartless prick.

I know times are tough right now, and all the COLLECTORS have bought up all your inventory, but when I call to ask if you have something to save myself an hour round trip, you don't have to be an ass to me. I know you're busy standing around with other COLLECTORS talking about your COLLECTIONS.

I'll just take my business to a better gun store... one that is friendly to its customers during all FOUR SEASONS.

/rant
Was this a place in NH? Because I heard a shop owner grumbling about a caller asking very detailed questions about an item in stock lol

Oh I'm sorry... that would really suck for them to have to do their job.

Go to a store you have a relationship with. Ask them to put your name on a list for the firearm you want. Go home and relax until they call you.

Heck, you might even get the gun you want without the bending over part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom