Dear Gun Stores: You don't have to be a dick when I call to ask about availability

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm building my next AR :)

In the wishlist sections of Midway USA, just the non-firearm parts (no lower). When all the parts are in-stock, I'll order.

Some gun stores have been great, others (since they are raking in the cash) not so much. When this panic crap turns around - they'll get very friendly.

Just my opinion - if you are in customer service (sales), no matter what, the customer is always right. Do this and they will beat a path to your door in good and bad times - do it not, and you'll be changing employers or the line of work.

money talks don't go back. My girlfriend ran into a gun store owner that i spent close to 10k with last year, i don't shop there anymore because shitty service. She said he sounded like he missed my business, saying i never thought he wouldn't come back. There are plenty of stores to shop at.

money talks don't go back. My girlfriend ran into a gun store owner that i spent close to 10k with last year, i don't shop there anymore because shitty service. She said he sounded like he missed my business, saying i never thought he wouldn't come back. There are plenty of stores to shop at.

I'd be screwed if my wife ever talked to any of the shops that I deal with! Just like you said, money talks.

If they are out of inventory why not just have a recording stating that instead of being a d*ck. Better yet, step in to modern times and have a web site that has real-time inventory updates.

Hahaha! THIS! They said they were all out of those, but they have plenty of bayonet lugs, which are equally as deadly.

Ah, you big lug. You don't need a bayonet. You need Kai.
jesus5n.jpg

I know what you mean. Just last week, I wanted a sandwich. So I got on the SUBWAY to go find a SUB made the WAY I like. So I found one right next door to the SUBWAY, went in and asked for a thirteen inch SUB the WAY I like it. They just laughed and said the only had foot-longs. That's OK I can just get a BURGER and feel like a KING.

I'm a CAT Scan Tech, been doing it for 17 years. I've probably scanned 50k+ people. It's pretty routine for me, hard to throw something at me I've never seen, virtually impossible to ask me to do something I can't figure out. But every patient I scan is an individual. Some are 60 and never beescanned, some are 20 and have had a dozen. Every one gets treated with respect and dignity, because IT'S THE RIGHT F-ING THING TO DO!

OP, you're right. Guy's a dick. But don't get butt-hurt if it was a one time thing, people DO have bad days. Vote with your feet and wallet if so inclined, tell him so if you feel the need. But don't be a pussy and do it behind a screen name, call and ask for the owner. Or, if they have an account here, send a message that way. Fact is, the boss probably doesn't know what his employee said.

If they don't have time to be polite on the phone, they just shouldn't answer it. Better to have someone who can't get through than drive away customers with a poor attitude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom