• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Day Dreaming: Incorporating a NES Town

June4th

NES Member
Let's say we find an open parcel of land somewhere in Southern NH and found a new town with like-minded fellows. Let's bluesky some ideas about how to make it 'right'. Some of my random thoughts:

1. There will be no public worker unions.
2. A private K-12 school
3. A watch tower at each major entry point with supporting fire positions nearby
4. A town ordinance that require each able-bodied adult to be a member of the town militia
5. A rapid alert system to each home to for a modern day 'Minuteman' respond mechanism
6. A shooting range at NE corner of the town (so you can shoot most time during the day with the sun in the back)
7. An underground concrete bunker near the center of the town

Your ideas are welcome!

A private K-12 school
Keep in mind that NH has a "donor and recipient town" education funding program and if your ability to pay exceeds what you "need" (according to the state) your town will be required to turn funds over to the state so that it may be distributed to recipient towns for education. It's similar to the MA system of state aid, but the difference between towns that give and towns that take is less obfuscated.

Can we get OK for naming the town 'Badass'? [smile]

Great idea

This somewhat goes without saying, but:
8. Gun ownership is mandatory.

Bad idea, you have to let people be stupid. You can show them the path, but you can't make them walk it. It's a nice Idea though, and it worked in Switzerland for long time.

i'm in with my 99, just barely but i've got a lot to learn! most people my age are flaming moonbat liberals so i think i'm doing pretty good for myself.

This. And everybody has the right to out themselves as a big government freedom hating commie.

No one ever said that daydreams had to be practical or make sense. [wink] I just think everyone owning a gun would keep crime pretty low. How to go about making sure everyone owned a gun was not a factor in my daydream. [laugh]

Not everyone needs to own a gun - but you need a permit not to. [rofl]
[laugh2]

On a more serious note: Let's look at the OP. Item 3 (or 4, don't remember) was that each and every able-bodied adult be a member of the town militia. If you're going to make that a requirement, ensuring they own their own gun kinda goes along with that. Further, requiring they be able to pull their own weight if called on to defend the town seems to be the opposite of being a big-government commie.

I would also like to settle in an area where arable land is abundant so each family can grow their own food if they so choose. Just no chicken or pig farms. Man those are stinky!

Maybe to establish a 'Galt-like' monetary system that the preferred method of payment within the town is precious metal.

I would also like to settle in an area where arable land is abundant so each family can grow their own food if they so choose. Just no chicken or pig farms. Man those are stinky!

Maybe to establish a 'Galt-like' monetary system that the preferred method of payment within the town is precious metal.

So only esthetically pleasing farming is allowed?

This somewhat goes without saying, but:
8. Gun ownership is mandatory.

They did this in Kennesaw, GA & the crime rate plummeted. The key is putting that fear into any criminally-minded individuals. It's not really meant to be enforced.

I'm out anyway -- apparently I'm just not conservative enough. [frown]

Back
Top Bottom