Day Dreaming: Incorporating a NES Town

Jefferson was right. An agrarian society is the way to go. Once you have a town you have too many people in one place. Then come the rules, the enforcers of the rules, the meetings to talk about other rules, and, ultimately, a caste of people for whom life is based on (and derived from) the rules themselves. The point of any rule is that it's necessary because someone opposes it. And that means almost everyone is operating under a system of rules that they in part find objectionable.

We can re-do the test with more concise and to the point questions.

I agree with this (I'm a little behind on NES threads, trying to get caught up)

I think I was a 128 on the test but some of the questions about gay rights and same sex marriage I think hurt me. I don't really think the government should have a damn thing to do with ANY marriage, whether it's gay or straight and I think they took that as being "progressive".

smiley-scared0016.gif

Bacon will be stored close to the armory since that is where most of the townies would be. Rows of smokers on wheels to be pulled by duece+1/2 to safety checkpoints.

EC was right about things that are 'mandatory' in nature tend to go awry. So maybe we can charter things to model the US Constitution and define the negative liberties that the town 'shall not do'. Such as 'The town shall not establish a police force.' (per Jose) etc.

Wouldn't this just be adding another layer of government over already existing state gov? If we're talking about a bunch of cool like-minded people moving to the same neighborhood, or enough to basically control a town, that sounds good. However, if you look at about any thread around here, about the only thing most NESers agree on is "guns are good". And I even question that sometimes.

Wouldn't this just be adding another layer of government over already existing state gov? If we're talking about a bunch of cool like-minded people moving to the same neighborhood, or enough to basically control a town, that sounds good. However, if you look at about any thread around here, about the only thing most NESers agree on is "guns are good". And I even question that sometimes.

They don't have to agree if everyone just mind their own effign business....that's the beauty of it.

To expand on the original concept, I've always believed that anything west of rt 495 is irrelevant to mass.gov.
There's a West Virginia, why not a West Massachusetts?
Politically and in terms of values and priorities, there's no connection. Beyond the guns laws there are so many other issues that separate us, why don't we just pull the plug, draw the line at Worcester, secede, and do it right?
Maybe establish a capital city where there are trees and clean air, and clear headed citizens.
Anyway, just a fantasy.

To expand on the original concept, I've always believed that anything west of rt 495 is irrelevant to mass.gov.
Politically and in terms of values and priorities, there's no connection. Beyond the guns laws there are so many other issues that separate us, why don't we just pull the plug, draw the line at Worcester, secede, and do it right?
Maybe establish a capital city where there are trees and clean air, and clear headed citizens.
Anyway, just a fantasy.

We'd probably have do a little creative gerrymandering with the 495 border to get Lowell-Leominster-Fitchburg-Worcester-Chicopee-Springfield-Amherst to go with the eastern part of Mass. [laugh]

This post made me think that I would love Season 3 of the Colony to be an NES edition.... I feel bad for the "Outsiders" trying to attack.... of course it all depends on who's ion the cast.

This post made me think that I would love Season 3 of the Colony to be an NES edition.... I feel bad for the "Outsiders" trying to attack.... of course it all depends on who's ion the cast.

All of their stuff would be stolen from the outsiders while the colonists argue about the legalities of defending the colony with regards to the MGLs...

Anyway, just a fantasy.

Would we have to take Stockbridge and Amherst?

Back
Top Bottom