Costco ammo cans

http://www.harborfreight.com/50-cal-metal-ammo-can-63181.html Danvers Harbor Freight Had them @ the register as I was leaving, kind of an impulse buy kinda thing $15.99 So I said WTF and bought 2 Not that I needed 2 more but for that price It was a place to put my deep impact sockets in my trucks tool box. And separate .223 from .556 in the ammo locker.

Last edited:
Since they seem to sell well, Costco should be re-ordering them.

But oftimes the re-stocking window could be weeks away.

Perhaps Costco will get really brave, and begin stocking these:

51iVl3c5UFL._SL1000_.jpg

Since they seem to sell well, Costco should be re-ordering them.

But oftimes the re-stocking window could be weeks away.

Perhaps Costco will get really brave, and begin stocking these:

51iVl3c5UFL._SL1000_.jpg

Last year (or maybe earlier this year) Costco was selling quick access handgun safes. I bet if they thought they would sell/met whatever profit criteria they use they'd bring in longer cases.

Do you guys neatly stack ammo in these cans or just throw it in randomly and fit as much as you can?

I dump them in, but I sort them by components first. Pull all the bullets, throw them into one can, dump all the powder into another and the brass in the last can. Aluminum and steel goes to the recycling bin. This way I don't have to lock up anything. [laugh]

If I had a pickup truck...

I've got a truck - with a trailer - that would probably hold two pallets worth.

How far is Ft. Dix?

One of the group buys here on NES a number of years ago - was for ammo cans. If I remember correctly they filled up an entire U-Haul truck with pallets of ammo cans. It was Yuugge.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you guys neatly stack ammo in these cans or just throw it in randomly and fit as much as you can?

I use the .50cal cans, the Fat 50 cans - and the .30 cal cans. I usually try to carefully stack the ammo boxes inside the cans - and use whichever can type the boxes fit best in.

Stacking the boxes carefully inside the cans - means they get pretty heavy.

I've got a truck - with a trailer - that would probably hold two pallets worth.

How far is Ft. Dix?

One of the group buys here on NES a number of years ago - was for ammo cans. If I remember correctly they filled up an entire U-Haul truck with pallets of ammo cans. It was Yuugge.

- - - Updated - - -

I use the .50cal cans, the Fat 50 cans - and the .30 cal cans. I usually try to carefully stack the ammo boxes inside the cans - and use whichever can type the boxes fit best in.

Stacking the boxes carefully inside the cans - means they get pretty heavy.

Fort Dix is about 5.5 hours.

They were going fast at the W.Springfield Costco when I finally got there this week. I ended up grabbing a couple sets as they are a really good deal at $10 per can, especially considering the cheap, small plastic ones are $5-$6.

That picture was taken in the Avon ma store. Theres a cake decorator there that will make you a sweet 2A cake. Just sayin.

Back
Top Bottom