• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Costco ammo cans

kb999c.jpg

Not terribly elegant but inexpensive and lawful.

What length shackle do you need for the 50 cal ammo can.. Will a 2.5in work or do I need longer?

What length shackle do you need for the 50 cal ammo can.. Will a 2.5in work or do I need longer?

The Shackle is thin, as you can see, and the "U" is 2-3/4" overall (not including the brass body, which does not matter at all).

2-1/2" may work.

They are tricky, and awkward to install. But I'm in no mood to spend any more than absolutely necessary just to appease a law that should not even exist.

Meanwhile, in Amherst, NH...

A few months ago, Harbor Freight abandoned their coupon sale price of $4.99 for ChiCom plastic .30cal ammo boxes.

Yes, you heard me right - the days of $4.99 plastic ammo boxes are over.

This month they're $3.99 ea. w/ Super Coupon (limit 8). So that double sawbuck burning through your pocket gets you five small cans and a nickle back.

And the cans come with a hole for a Massprudent padlock.

Kawaii-Hello-Kitty-Mini-diary-lock-Cartoon-small-Padlock-Drawer-Handles-Locks-for-Zipper-Bag-Backpack.jpg

Protect your ammo now -
it's for the children, you know.

ETA: On the other hand, I discovered last week that CostCo sells perfectly cromulent baguettes for a lot less than Panera Bread. (Pardon my French).

A few months ago, Harbor Freight abandoned their coupon sale price of $4.99 for ChiCom plastic .30cal ammo boxes.

Yes, you heard me right - the days of $4.99 plastic ammo boxes are over.

This month they're $3.99 ea. w/ Super Coupon (limit 8). So that double sawbuck burning through your pocket gets you five small cans and a nickle back.

And the cans come with a hole for a Massprudent padlock.

Kawaii-Hello-Kitty-Mini-diary-lock-Cartoon-small-Padlock-Drawer-Handles-Locks-for-Zipper-Bag-Backpack.jpg

Protect your ammo now -
it's for the children, you know.

ETA: On the other hand, I discovered last week that CostCo sells perfectly cromulent baguettes for a lot less than Panera Bread. (Pardon my French).

Plastic ?

I am skeptical.

I'm close to the Dedham one, so I'd like to grab a couple. Do they have a "day pass" similar to BJ's? I can't justify joining another club just for ammo cans. lol

https://www.armysurplusworld.com/product/ammo-can-combo-1...
[h=2]More Views[/h]

[h=1]Ammo Can Combo #1[/h]
Availability: In stock
Regular Price: $28.98
Special Price $23.99

Here at army surplus world we offer a used ammo can combination to give you more storage and save you money. This combination includes one each USGI .50 cal ammo box and USGI .30 cal ammo box. We hear from customers every week that they are very pleased with the ammo cans we sell. When buying used, condition is everything! NSN numbers 8140-00-960-1699 and 8140-00-828-2939. Order your ammo can combination from army surplus world today!

I'm close to the Dedham one, so I'd like to grab a couple. Do they have a "day pass" similar to BJ's? I can't justify joining another club just for ammo cans. lol

I'm not sure, I'd ask at the membership desk. I've been a member for >20 years now so I wouldn't have paid attention if they still did that or not.

No day pass, trial pass, etc etc.
But! You can buy it without a membership... with a 5% non-member surchage. So $21 for it instead.

Costco website:
[FONT=&amp]Non-members will be charged a 5% surcharge over the member's posted product prices (except for prescription drugs)[/FONT]

No day pass, trial pass, etc etc.
But! You can buy it without a membership... with a 5% non-member surchage. So $21 for it instead.

Thanks for the info. That's still the best deal I've seen on new cans. I'll try to swing by there tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom