• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Cops should carry .500's !!!

"but the driver didn't look like a trouble-maker and appeared only to be drunk."

Apparently drunks can take 17 .40 hollowpoints to the chest and still fight for 4 minutes. Scary story.

Keep firing until either the bad guy has stopped completely or you are out of ammo. Reload as neccessary. I wonder how many were through and throughs. I carry 26rds of 10mm, but if they're not transferring all their energy then they're going to be just as effective as .40 rounds. Also goes to show you that if you're carrying a smaller round (380, .38, etc) that your best bet is to use your firearm to help you get out of dodge and not stick around to see the threat stopped, if you can.

Keep firing until either the bad guy has stopped completely or you are out of ammo. Reload as neccessary. I wonder how many were through and throughs. I carry 26rds of 10mm, but if they're not transferring all their energy then they're going to be just as effective as .40 rounds. Also goes to show you that if you're carrying a smaller round (380, .38, etc) that your best bet is to use your firearm to help you get out of dodge and not stick around to see the threat stopped, if you can.

What is your carry gun, dude? a Glock chambered for 10mm?

the brain can survive for a few minutes AFTER the blood / oxygen supply has been cut off.

or that dude may have been on something other than booze.

very interesting story though.

....so much for that one-stop shot...

It's a Glock 29, 10+1 and a G20 15rd mag with an A&G sleeve for a spare. Carry ammo is Double-Tap's 180gr Gold Dots advertised 1200fps and roughly 650ft/lbs MV.

where did you find such a beautiful gun?! I want a glock chambered for 10mm SO BADLY. I love my G33, but I want a G29 or G20 so so so bad.

17 COM shots....unreal.

There was another story I saw a while back about a gangster that took rifle hits and 40's to the chest and kept shooting back for quite some time, he only died when a bullet nicked his aorta.

Glock - beautiful? Youse gotta be kiddin.

I love glocks. grip angle, plastic finish and all. They are beautiful in that they do exactly as predicted everytime the trigger is pulled. Extremely utilitarian.

and yes, I cant believe tht dude took 17 shots and didnt eat it quickly.

17 COM shots....unreal.

There was another story I saw a while back about a gangster that took rifle hits and 40's to the chest and kept shooting back for quite some time, he only died when a bullet nicked his aorta.

fight or flight.....

those with more expertise in this area can add.

say you've been shot, during a confrentation with the nations finest... you can actually continue to "fight" for "x" amount of time before you drop.

i love reading about this stuff. it's related to my job.

I NEED HELP MAN [laugh]

where did you find such a beautiful gun?! I want a glock chambered for 10mm SO BADLY. I love my G33, but I want a G29 or G20 so so so bad.
I'll keep an eye out bro. G20s are the better shooters, but the G29 makes a great carry piece even if it's a little chunky. I saw a couple G29s in the classifieds about a month ago, but they were going for $650 and $700. Way too much even if it is NIB and 3rd gen IMO.

And yes they are beautiful in a completely utilitarian manner. Only hiccup my G29 ever gave me was when my slide stop spring broke and the slide fell off the gun. Managed to shoot all 10rds in the magazine before it came off though, which makes me think if I put it back on and reloaded another magazine it still could have shot. Only weakpoint I know about the G29/G30.

Definitely, he made a few mistakes but he kepts his head and made it out alive. He kept falling back to his 2 shots and assess training, but once he realised that wasn't going to work he escaleted to the proper force to end the threat.

Luckily I don't have any department SOPs that tell me to only fire two shots and I've trained myself to keep firing until the threat has ceased.

Man, what a story! It reminds me of the final scene in the movie Scarface... one of my favorite movies.

Cheers,

Rich

It can hit the fan in an instant, and I'm proud of this LEO. Despite being struck several times, he had a winning attitude and continued the fight. In the middle of the engagement, he even had the presence of mind to perform a reload before running dry. There is training value in this story for both law enforcement officers and non-LEO's.

Powerful image. Should LEO have called backup at start of the whole episode. That was my first thought and only see this in movies.

Buy the setup to reload for it, before you even buy the gun. You will do a LOT better in the long run. FMJ practice ammo for 10mm Auto is northward of $23 a box in the few places that sell it. Might even be worse than that now. I cannot state/stress this enough.

The guns themselves are easy enough to come by. I can get one of those virtually whenever- because there is always "that guy" that bought one, didn't 'realize how expensive it was to feed with commercial ammo, then turned around and sold it. [grin]

-Mike

Buy the setup to reload for it, before you even buy the gun. You will do a LOT better in the long run. FMJ practice ammo for 10mm Auto is northward of $23 a box in the few places that sell it. Might even be worse than that now. I cannot state/stress this enough.

The guns themselves are easy enough to come by. I can get one of those virtually whenever- because there is always "that guy" that bought one, didn't 'realize how expensive it was to feed with commercial ammo, then turned around and sold it. [grin]

-Mike

DO you think that if you come by one, you could give me a heads up?

That would rock, Mike.

Thanks,

Graham

Back
Top Bottom