• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Coonan firearms fiasco

Just looked at the Facebook profile of one of the lead guys who works at Coonan and it appears he is looking for a new job. Not a good sign. So glad I got my money back.

Just looked at the Facebook profile of one of the lead guys who works at Coonan and it appears he is looking for a new job. Not a good sign. So glad I got my money back.

I'm guessing unless some big company buys the IP/assets/tooling up it's going to be the next "Dornaus and Dixon" like the guys that made the bren ten....

-Mike

Just released 30 min ago...
45641511_10216411991506245_9097765731168157696_n.jpg

@CrackPot @mike.b

I wonder if one of those contract limitations was "you shall not service or correspond with customers who have paid you for orders you have not yet filled". Unless it was an assets only sale, these orders are a big liability to any buyer.

I wonder if one of those contract limitations was "you shall not service or correspond with customers who have paid you for orders you have not yet filled". Unless it was an assets only sale, these orders are a big liability to any buyer.
Sent you a PM...

I don't know, maybe I'm wired different, but if Coonan had my deposit and they didn't respond to my refund request I'd be standing in their office the next day. People are asssholes over the phone and in their cars and on-line. But when they're standing face-to-face with a pissed off customer who won't take no for an answer most people tend to get suddenly helpful. Even if I took a net loss on the plane ticket it would be worth it.

I don't know, maybe I'm wired different, but if Coonan had my deposit and they didn't respond to my refund request I'd be standing in their office the next day. People are asssholes over the phone and in their cars and on-line. But when they're standing face-to-face with a pissed off customer who won't take no for an answer most people tend to get suddenly helpful. Even if I took a net loss on the plane ticket it would be worth it.
I think I would have gone down that path if BOA hadn’t refunded my money.

Coonan Inc facebook page is gone. Coonaninc.com says they would be operational by November and no update to their website in months. Does not look good. I seem likely to be out a small chunk of change

Coonan Inc facebook page is gone. Coonaninc.com says they would be operational by November and no update to their website in months. Does not look good. I seem likely to be out a small chunk of change
Yup definitely not good. I'm a member on the coonan owners facebook group and no one seems to have heard any updates. One of the lead guys who works (worked??) at Coonan is a member on that group and was just posting random gun stuff the other day. His name is Mark Dante and he was great to work with back when my slide cracked, barrel bushing cracked, and trigger became loose.

Anyway, they were trying to find a new investor as their old investor was based in CA and wanted out because "gunz". But I also heard back in November that they found a new investor and were just going through the process to announce the reopening etc. They were under a NDA and that's why they can't say anything until they reopen?

I don't know, they're 3 months past the reopening date with nothing announced. I sure hope they either reopen or if they don't, everyone is able to get a full refund - sure glad I was able to.

Yup definitely not good. I'm a member on the coonan owners facebook group and no one seems to have heard any updates. One of the lead guys who works (worked??) at Coonan is a member on that group and was just posting random gun stuff the other day. His name is Mark Dante and he was great to work with back when my slide cracked, barrel bushing cracked, and trigger became loose.

Anyway, they were trying to find a new investor as their old investor was based in CA and wanted out because "gunz". But I also heard back in November that they found a new investor and were just going through the process to announce the reopening etc. They were under a NDA and that's why they can't say anything until they reopen?

I don't know, they're 3 months past the reopening date with nothing announced. I sure hope they either reopen or if they don't, everyone is able to get a full refund - sure glad I was able to.

Andrew - I was just reading back through this post, and saw your IMs with Gary Ramey. I bought an "Honor Defense" for my wife and had some minor issues with it. I sent an email to the link on their web page for Customer Service and he responded. I found out later that the "customer service rep" I was swapping emails with was the owner. He resolved our issues, (initial break-in; then ambi-safety came loose; loc-tite and a wrench), to my satisfaction and I enjoyed corresponding with him.

It's a nice pistol and the company's first rate from my perspective. It's also Georgia based and veteran owned - so I'm happy to see them succeed.

It appears the assets of Coonan are being auctioned off next month. What a shame. Very fortunate I got my money back on that preorder.

I lost $1800 give or take to this fiasco. pre-paid and my CC refused to refund/charge back. Sigh...
That’s such bullshit. Part of the money they get from selling off everything should cover unfulfilled orders. But I don’t know how this auction stuff or bankruptcy stuff works.

Given how long it has been since the last update I figured this was a either a liquidation post,bankruptcy post, or a gun failure. That sucks though for all receiving parties. Always wanted to shoot one of these and never got the chance. Guess there's always guncrafter and going bigger.

Given how long it has been since the last update I figured this was a either a liquidation post,bankruptcy post, or a gun failure. That sucks though for all receiving parties. Always wanted to shoot one of these and never got the chance. Guess there's always guncrafter and going bigger.

I loved mine minus the few issues I had. It was fun to shoot the rings of fire. But without any customer/warranty support just not worth owning.

Here’s how it works. When a company is liquidated the secured creditors (people who have lent $ against assets like a building, inventory, accounts receivable, equipment, etc.) get paid first. If there’s anything left (often not but sometimes) then the unsecured creditors get paid (in part or in full if enough is recovered). Someone who has paid a deposit on an order would be an unsecured creditor.

That’s such bullshit. Part of the money they get from selling off everything should cover unfulfilled orders. But I don’t know how this auction stuff or bankruptcy stuff works.

Back
Top Bottom