Coonan firearms fiasco

Yup. Another customer I’m currently talking to said he used a debit card and his credit union is telling him they can’t help him especially since it’s been over 90 days. He’s beyond livid at this point. Sucks.

And yes companies should not be charging until it ships. I’ve learned my lesson here.
Do not use a debit card for anything except hard monthly bills. The protection is not tbe same. You can tell CC to pound sand and you still have your money in your account.
Use a debit card its hard cash gone.
If you use a debit card you should just have enough in it to cover your basic monthly spending. Its harder to get 25k back when debit account is hacked vs your credit card getting hacked.

Do not use a debit card for anything except hard monthly bills. The protection is not tbe same. You can tell CC to pound sand and you still have your money in your account.
If you use a debit card you should just have enough in it to cover your basic monthly spending. Its harder to get 25k back when debit account is hacked vs your credit card getting hacked.
Yup well said.

Another customer I talked to doesn’t have any email contact with coonan. He always called them about the status of his gun so he doesn’t have any physical proof to show his CC company. Sucks.

Thanks for posting all this, I was considering getting one. I'll skip now.

Why not just go through GB if you want one? Not speaking to the quality issues of the gun but the availability issue this thread is about.

Why not just go through GB if you want one? Not speaking to the quality issues of the gun but the availability issue this thread is about.
I really want to order the 1 satin stainless 357 available on gunbroker but I think I’d be a fool to do that lol. God forbid the slide or barrel bushing cracks again

Well BOA has refunded me the money!! This is a huge relief. However it still sucks that I won't get the gun. Really wanted it. But I'd be a fool to buy another Coonan until they prove they're stable.
Sorry for the tough love, but...

Aviation Instructor's Handbook, FAA-H-8083-9
What Is Learning?​
Learning can be defined in many ways:​
• A change in the behavior of the learner as a result of experience. The behavior can be physical and overt, or it can be intellectual or attitudinal.​
• The process by which experience brings about a relatively permanent change in behavior.​
• The change in behavior that results from experience and practice.​
• Gaining knowledge or skills, or developing a behavior, through study, instruction, or experience.​
• The process of acquiring knowledge or skill through study, experience, or teaching. It depends on experience and leads to long-term changes in behavior potential. Behavior potential describes the possible behavior of an individual (not actual behavior) in a given situation in order to achieve a goal.​
• A relatively permanent change in cognition, resulting from experience and directly influencing behavior.​

Last edited:
Hard to hack my debit card for $25k. It has a $505 daily limit, and my wife reviews the activity and balances the checkbook daily.

Well BOA has refunded me the money!! This is a huge relief. However it still sucks that I won't get the gun. Really wanted it. But I'd be a fool to buy another Coonan until they prove they're stable.

Again, sincerely glad you got satisfaction.
To remind you of your good fortune in a slightly lighter vein,
tape this to your credit card:
929b482682888315ae251af9e61ae919.jpg

Yeah; depending on how they were used, they're really at the business's mercy, sigh.
Really sucks for them. I rarely use my debit card. Only for when I need to withdraw cash that’s pretty much it.

Hard to hack my debit card for $25k. It has a $505 daily limit, and my wife reviews the activity and balances the checkbook daily.
There was a hack recently that removed the limits at ATM. I worked in electronic banking at a large bank as a intern when in college. I have heard it all. I will never own one.

Actually about 3 months ago I damaged my ATM card and went to my bank as they can print new ones on the spot now. She got it all set and handed me a debit Visa card. I declined and she had to go locate the blank ATM cards and reprint. Said I was one of the few that don’t want one. She also being one that doesn’t.

There was a hack recently that removed the limits at ATM. I worked in electronic banking at a large bank as a intern when in college. I have heard it all. I will never own one.

Actually about 3 months ago I damaged my ATM card and went to my bank as they can print new ones on the spot now. She got it all set and handed me a debit Visa card. I declined and she had to go locate the blank ATM cards and reprint. Said I was one of the few that don’t want one. She also being one that doesn’t.
Yup my account was hacked during one of the bank change overs. I did not even have a debit card but one was "asigned" to my account. Drained 15k and i had to fight to get it back all the while left with no cash!
So now i dont keep all my money in one place and no DCs
only direct pay is on a small checking account that has just enough for my weekly gas bill

I had a similar experience except my credit union no longer has ATM only cards; I think I had the last one. I just never set up a PIN for the debit portion.

Just FYI, Coonan's phone number is now no longer in service. That's too bad.
Yeah I saw people commenting on their facebook page that their phone is no longer in service. I don't know what the hell is going on with Coonan but it can't be good.

It's up and working now-but still a bad sign
Yup not good. Even though I got my money back, I'd love to know what's up.

I have a set of fiber optic sights as well as an extra 7 round mag kicking around. Probably ought to sell them before I convince myself to buy a coonan in the future....

I'm glad you got your money back, I think they are hosed though. Talk about a dumpster fire.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom