• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Converting a Sig 365XL to 365X-Macro

I was told that, being modular, this can be done by simply swapping out the grip (or whatever the technical term is).
Has anyone done this? Does everything fit?
I am assuming you have to get MA legal magazines.

I was told that, being modular, this can be done by simply swapping out the grip (or whatever the technical term is).
Pretty much.
No. Just go to NH and buy whatever mags you want.
You just have to bring them to the police station that issued your ltc and register them with the officer in charge.
👍

No. Just go to NH and buy whatever mags you want.
You just have to bring them to the police station that issued your ltc and register them with the officer in charge.
👍
Not sure if I understand. They would have to be limited to 10 rounds, no?

The 365 has a fire control unit (serialized portion aka “the gun”) which drops into any grip frame. Then you can install on your combination of slide/barrel.

can be done by simply swapping out the grip
it can, but, it is not worth it. if you want to do that to the sig - you can.
at price point of those guns, just buy one, then buy other, then sell one you will dislike more, of keep both.
eventually you will see why this is the only way.

ps. i own and like the original p365 as it is the smallest one and the - probably - best edc gun ever made. xl and larger ones have their fans, but kinda deviate from the point an original gun have made. depends upon of what works best in your hands.

mags for those sigs, as everything sig, are stupid expensive, for no good reason.
No doubt.
All my sigs are older double/singles.
They have been dead nuts reliable for decades now making me somewhat of a fanboy for lack of a better term.
I’ve stayed away from their striker fired ones so far because of the 320 controversy. Probably nothing to worry about but, who knows.

Yes it works fine, you can get extended baseplates for dimpled 10 rd mags.

Left is a 17 round Tac mag, right is a dimpled 10 rd xl mag with extended baseplate.

IMG_0077.jpeg

In the other direction, here is a 17 round Tac mag in an XL grip, I wouldn’t do it in practice but it works.

IMG_0080.jpeg

I keep saying Tac … I have both the Macro Comp and Macro TacOps … same 17 round mags. I’m an elite operator so I had to buy the tacops. It also comes with 4 mags worth more than the gun itself.

To the OP. I'm assuming that you live in MA.
There are 2 reasons to convert an XL to a X Macro.

1) To increase mag capacity from 12 to 17 rounds. If you live in MA, this can't happen and you will have to buy the hard to get 10 round X macro mags.
2) To get the standard Picatinny rail on the X Macro. The XL has the proprietary Sig rail.

If you live in MA and don't care about the Pic rail, there is no reason to get an X Macro. If you want a more grippable grip, get a Wilson Combat XL grip module and a pinky extension for the mag. It will cost you about $70, the gun will be much more concealable and you won't have to spend another $200 on magazines.

Look at this pic. It shows a base gun overlayed on an XL overlayed on an X macro. The X Macro is MUCH LESS concealable than the XL.

1698627145152.png

I live in MA part of the time and carry a base 10 round gun with a WC grip module, mag pinky extension and a PMM comp. This gun shoots like a dream and is easy to conceal. Don't forget that the length of the back strap impacts concealability more the length of the front strap. (Yes, its ugly, I know)

1698627259469.jpeg

If you want a more grippable grip, get a Wilson Combat XL grip module and a pinky extension for the mag.
This is great. Thanks!
Let me verify my understanding, though. You have a Wilson Combat grip module and a pinky extension and a compensator on a XL?

This is great. Thanks!
Let me verify my understanding, though. You have a Wilson Combat grip module and a pinky extension and a compensator on a XL?
Close.

It is a base gun grip with a pinky extension on a BASE length slide.

That gun above a cross between several 365s I own. It's got a fire control module from an X. (which is why the straight trigger).
A base gun grip module and slide with a PMM comp.

So other than the straight trigger, its a base gun with a Wilson grip and a PMM comp
With the comp, it is the same length as an XL or X Macro.

I hope this helps.

That’s not true. There is a very good reason: once you’ve bought their gun, you are locked in and SIG enjoys performing a walletectomy.

You guys are over stating the mag costs. An X Macro mag costs about $47 and a Base or XL costs about $40. A factory Glock mag costs about $25 or a bit less.
So you are talking about a difference of about $15 each for anything other than a 17 round mag.

Figure 6 mags and that's between $90 and $120 more than you would pay for Glock mags. When you consider the cost of the gun at $600 and the fact that if you shoot 3000 rounds per year you will spend $750/yr on ammo, this extra mag cost is a rounding error. And we haven't even figured in the fact that if you ever sell the gun, you will get much of that extra money back.

(costs from gunmagwarehouse)

A factory Glock mag costs about $25
who buys at that price? i do not think i paid more than $15 or $12, and i have a dozen of 10rd ones for range fun.
as of buying a dozen of sig mags - well, nah.

You guys are over stating the mag costs. An X Macro mag costs about $47 and a Base or XL costs about $40. A factory Glock mag costs about $25 or a bit less.
So you are talking about a difference of about $15 each for anything other than a 17 round mag.

Figure 6 mags and that's between $90 and $120 more than you would pay for Glock mags. When you consider the cost of the gun at $600 and the fact that if you shoot 3000 rounds per year you will spend $750/yr on ammo, this extra mag cost is a rounding error. And we haven't even figured in the fact that if you ever sell the gun, you will get much of that extra money back.

(costs from gunmagwarehouse)
This sounds like the math my 14yr old daughter was explaining to me the other day. She called it girl math. If I buy a 365xl. Then buy a case of ammo. Then a ton of wood pellets. To keep the house warm so the wife doesn't bitch. Put it on one credit card then make a minimum payment. Around $50. Then move that entire credit card bill to another 0 interest card then I got all that and only paid like $50. Then when that bill comes in just say mistakes were made and we'll do better next time.

This sounds like the math my 14yr old daughter was explaining to me the other day. She called it girl math. If I buy a 365xl. Then buy a case of ammo. Then a ton of wood pellets. To keep the house warm so the wife doesn't bitch. Put it on one credit card then make a minimum payment. Around $50. Then move that entire credit card bill to another 0 interest card then I got all that and only paid like $50. Then when that bill comes in just say mistakes were made and we'll do better next time.
This is amusing but makes no point.

Bottom line is that if you buy a 365 and equip it with a good supply of mags, your total cost will be only $100 to $150 more than you would have spent on mags for a Glock. Which is nickels and dimes in the big scheme of things. Buy the gun you want.

who buys at that price? i do not think i paid more than $15 or $12, and i have a dozen of 10rd ones for range fun.
as of buying a dozen of sig mags - well, nah.
You buy aftermarket Glock mags? Because OEM mags don't cost $12.

But let's pretend you are right. You are now talking about a total cost difference for the gun and mags in the $200 range. Nothing in the big scheme of things when you consider ammo costs over the costs of several years.

Oh, you don't shoot enough to have much ammo cost? Well then I guess the 2 mags that come with the gun will be fine.

Back
Top Bottom