Concealed carry question

Pocket carry, my friend, pocket carry. No one will be the wiser.

I want to get into pocket carry.

My plan was to sell my glock 26 for an LCR and a pocket holster. But that would be a bad time to find out that I couldn't pull off carrying in my pocket. Even my cell phone prints and I wear loose jeans.

My plan was to sell my glock 26 for an LCR and a pocket holster. But that would be a bad time to find out that I couldn't pull off carrying in my pocket. Even my cell phone prints and I wear loose jeans.
Remember that you can't conceal anything from yourself. That doesn't mean that other people will notice it.

I wear cargo pants. More room than jeans, more comfortable, wear longer, more pockets for stuff (including Mr. Kahr and his associate, Mr. Spare Magazine), and the extra pockets break up outlines of the stuff in your pockets.

I pocket carry daily with a 442. Unless you're wearing those really tight emo pants, don't worry about the printing. No one cares about the keys, phone, change, or whatever else is in your pocket. I've come to believe that you could actually wear a tshirt that says "I have a J frame revolver in my pocket" and most people still wouldn't notice.

I've come to believe that you could actually wear a tshirt that says "I have a J frame revolver in my pocket" and most people still wouldn't notice.

Without a picture, the vast majority of MA Moonbats wouldn't know what you were referring to anyways.

Without a picture, the vast majority of MA Moonbats wouldn't know what you were referring to anyways.
Even with a picture, many of them wouldn't notice it. A number of years ago I was at Brooks Brothers trying on suits. They were having a sale, so there were a fair number of customers. I was wearing a white dress shirt, so my black 1911 and silver Wilson spare magazines stood out in stark contrast. The women 10' away never noticed a thing as the salesmen helped me try on several suit coats.

Keep in mind that 'printing' does not mean "any and all evidence that it exists". What you don't want is something that screams "GUN". Nondescript bulges are perfectly OK. People simply do not pay as much attention as you think. And if the outline is broken up enough to not make it obvious what it is, even those who are "in the know" will have doubts.

Keep in mind that 'printing' does not mean "any and all evidence that it exists". What you don't want is something that screams "GUN". Nondescript bulges are perfectly OK. People simply do not pay as much attention as you think. And if the outline is broken up enough to not make it obvious what it is, even those who are "in the know" will have doubts.

I met up with RichM once to give him a sling. He was wearing a t-shirt tucked into some jeans (very proper civilian attire [wink]), no jacket or other cover garment, and I didn't see any evidence at all that he was carrying, which struck me as odd as I expected that he would be. We got to talking about pocket holsters and he patted his front right pocket and said he had his J frame right there, and one of those Bianchi speed strips too...surprised the hell out of me.

I carry the NAA .32 Guardian wherever I go. It has the laser slipper and prints "wallet" in my back pants pocket. If undressing for the Dr or whatever, I just make sure that the pocket is buttoned to keep the gun fromm rattling out onto the floor. The only thing I would not want to do is CCW near an MRI machine. Jack.

It wasn't a quick off-and-on. The clerk was rummaging around for 5+ minutes, while I was standing there in my white shirt and black gun. I was concerned about the suburban housefrau ten feet away from me, shopping for her husband, but she was completely oblivious.

I once had 2 friends over to my place... I was wearing jeans, and a t-shirt... with my G19 in an OWB holster... and the t-shirt was tucked behind the gun... ie: I was OCing around my house.

It took literally an hour until one of my friends noticed and went, "Whoa! When did you put your gun on?"

"What do you mean? It was on my belt when you guys got here."

"Oh... I didn't notice it at all!"

And this was coming from a friend who, whenever he came over, would always deliberately look for my gun to see if I was carrying or not (closet gun nut [smile]). I guess he wasn't paying attention that day.

Is Blitz printing?
0511-0810-2317-3416_Cartoon_of_a_Man_Wearing_a_Hospital_Johnny_clipart_image.jpg

Is that a gun under your johnny or are you just[laugh2] happy to see me?

My doctor thinks the law here (in France) is far too restrictive. Carrying is not allowed, but if it was I am sure he wouln't mind at all if I did. He signs my shooting licence every year, and refuses to charge for doing so.

You need a doctor to sign off on your shooting license? Can you give us some more details about what's required to own/shoot a gun in France?

It's always interesting to see how countries (besides the USA) regulate the firearms in their populations.

I think you should carry to the Doctor's office and he should know about it.

That way when he slaps on the rubber gloves you know he will be gentle

Back
Top Bottom