Comm2A Sues over Property Forfeiture

I disagree.

"I was just following orders" shouldn't give someone immunity.

Think I'd be able to get out of jail free if my boss told me to go rob a bank? After all, I was just following orders from my superior...

They may be your supervisors, but don't ever confuse that with them being your superiors.

I disagree.

"I was just following orders" shouldn't give someone immunity.

Think I'd be able to get out of jail free if my boss told me to go rob a bank? After all, I was just following orders from my superior...

Yes, if your boss was a powerful government figure. Heck, they got away with every gun trafficking to drug cartels...

... If the rates were reasonable, and did not attempt to turn a large collection into a multi-thousand dollar windfall for the warehouse, many customers would not opt for the second option - especially since a 209A confiscation requires transfer to a dealer only.

What bars an enterprising FFL from setting up an unbonded warehouse with reasonable rates, accepting transfers from PD or the VV and its ilk (there are two bonded warehouses, aren't there?)?

Sure, the victim can't keep the firearms while the 209A is in force, but if they can be transferred to an FFL and have a shot at getting it back later...

I guess it would still cull out firearms not blessed by Marsha (because the FFL can't transfer it back), but at least the victim would have the option to sell it out of state.

Any FFL out there with a barn that can be reinforced into a secure warehouse?

What bars an enterprising FFL from setting up an unbonded warehouse with reasonable rates, accepting transfers from PD or the VV and its ilk (there are two bonded warehouses, aren't there?)?

Sure, the victim can't keep the firearms while the 209A is in force, but if they can be transferred to an FFL and have a shot at getting it back later...

I guess it would still cull out firearms not blessed by Marsha (because the FFL can't transfer it back), but at least the victim would have the option to sell it out of state.

The fact that the PDs will only do business with their "friends" (no conflict of interest or kickbacks, of course - merely comfort with a trusted business partner), and the fact that by the time VV gets the items, the fees are already so high it might not be worth transferring them at that point.

Considered it, realized it's not a viable business proposition.

If you read the latest motion by Comm2A in the Jarvis case, they point out with a footnote that the enabling MGL for bonded warehouses REQUIRES NO BOND! It merely requires an FFL with MA Dealers License and a secure storage facility, period.

So any MA Dealer can offer the services. HOWEVER, the PDs are still free to choose who they like and since the choice is not made by the rank and file patrolman (who may be sympathetic) but by the chief or other ranking brass (who oftentimes are NOT sympathetic and also oftentimes want to PUNISH the victim of the confiscation), they will continue to use their "friends" who support MCOPA, the One Hundred fund and other organizations that they idolize! So you can try to compete but the results will probably be much like when I was trying to sell custom-built computers to small businesses and Dell was blasting those businesses with mega-millions in advertising!

True, they pay for a HUGE ad in the MCOPA monthly newsletter.

Don't forget Dowd's big "GUNS WANTED" ad in the GOAL newsletter, only 2 pages after Comm2A's ad this month. "Life GOAL, NRA member", yeah how many GOAL and NRA members have you profited from by selling their valuable property cause they couldn't afford the outrageous fees, Dowd? How many family heirlooms that weren't worth much monetarily but were priceless to their owners?? In a just world he would be booted out of both organizations and forbidden from using their names to give himself any sort of credibility.

Don't forget Dowd's big "GUNS WANTED" ad in the GOAL newsletter, only 2 pages after Comm2A's ad this month. "Life GOAL, NRA member", yeah how many GOAL and NRA members have you profited from by selling their valuable property cause they couldn't afford the outrageous fees, Dowd? How many family heirlooms that weren't worth much monetarily but were priceless to their owners?? In a just world he would be booted out of both organizations and forbidden from using their names to give himself any sort of credibility.
Lesson learned: you keep "valuable family heirlooms" out of MA entirely! If they are handguns, an out-of-state safe deposit box should do. If long guns, keep them stored with an out-of-state relative or friend until you are able to move to a free state. Be proactive rather than (often too late!) reactive!

Great point. Members of the GOAL board are on here and as a life member I would love to know their position on this and if they will continue to take money from them.

Just finished reading the Motion for Summary Judgment. Damn fine job . . . let's hope that the court sees it for what it is and rules for all of us.

I'm sure that the Sec. of Public Safety and EOPS will need another few years to "study the issue" (meaning do nothing and hope it goes away) before they make a determination IF any regulation is needed. If said determination is positive or ordered by the USDC (more likely), then it will likely take another couple of years to create an abomination CMR to attempt to circumvent the intent of any court ruling . . . by then some of the best spin-doctors currently busy in DC might be free to help the Commiechusetts bureau-rats write up an appropriate rancid regulation to help preserve their mission of confiscating as many guns as possible and punishing the innocent by loss of property/money.

GOAL is an inclusive organization. We don't refuse membership to people who wish to join. The personal opinions of the board pro or con notwithstanding. Plenty of people in GOAL who I have my personal differences with but true freedom means having to deal with people you don't agree with.

GOAL is an inclusive organization. We don't refuse membership to people who wish to join. The personal opinions of the board pro or con notwithstanding. Plenty of people in GOAL who I have my personal differences with but true freedom means having to deal with people you don't agree with.

Are you saying that you would have no problem with Feinstein, Obama, Linsky, Schumer and other such anti gun scumbags to join a pro 2A org? That's like the church inviting Nambla members as priests. Oh wait............

Are you saying that you would have no problem with Feinstein, Obama, Linsky, Schumer and other such anti gun scumbags to join a pro 2A org? That's like the church inviting Nambla members as priests. Oh wait............

If they want to join, they're welcome. We could get some great play out of their supporting the nasty gun lobby.

Bob allowing membership and allowing him to advertise as a GOAL life member while taking his ad money are 2 different issues in my opinion. In the eyes of some, you're condoning//encouraging his actions.

As a GOAL member, I'd prefer if GOAL declined ad space to businesses that prey on gun owners.

Bob allowing membership and allowing him to advertise as a GOAL life member while taking his ad money are 2 different issues in my opinion. In the eyes of some, you're condoning//encouraging his actions.

As a GOAL member, I'd prefer if GOAL declined ad space to businesses that prey on gun owners.
He's doing nothing illegal and is a life member. He has a service, one I personally disagree with as does just about everyone I know but to preach freedom then turn around and exclude someone because I personally disagree with their politics would betray the ideals I claim to stand for.

Note: GOAL is a member driven organization. The members run GOAL, not the board. If we're doing something you disagree with petition the board. We listen.

So as long as the check clears anything goes even if it is harmful and detrimental to gun ownership in Massachusetts? Good to know that GOAL is going to take a strong stand.

Don't expect future contributions from my household.

He's doing nothing illegal and is a life member. He has a service, one I personally disagree with as does just about everyone I know but to preach freedom then turn around and exclude someone because I personally disagree with their politics would betray the ideals I claim to stand for.

We are disciples of freedom from the government not of freedom from freedom of association.

...and it's not his politics that are the issue, it's his profiteering from people affected by politics. That's a HUGE difference.

He's playing the system and playing GOAL for a fool.

Last edited:
Hey guys, can we drop the GOAL/VV/Newsletter stuff? This thread is about the case against VV.

Also, and I want to make this perfectly clear, we need GOAL. Comm2A does not and will not be heading down to Bacon Hill to lobby to get better laws and make sure no new bad ones get passed. Comm2A doesn't teach safety courses and teach young kids to shoot. Comm2A doesn't organize the gun owners as a political block. It doesn't represent MA gun owners with the NRA or other national orgs. It will do none of these things.

So if you have issues with GOAL for whatever reason, instead of bitching about it on the internet and devaluing all of the good they do because of a single issue, please take up Bob's offer and head down to the board meeting to petition the board. GOAL is a very new organization on this front and it has an effective and responsive board who want to do what's right. I am proud to be a goal member and believe very much in the organization and it's people from the folks in the office on up to the board.

- - - Updated - - -

How can we help financially ?

Becoming a monthly donor is especially good thing for us. It allows us to plan for the future.

I met a guy who is doing just that. The unfortunate part is he's in NJ, so it won't help us. He is partners with a guy who bought a bank with a huge vault. I'm not sure partners is the right word. One part of the business is doing what VV does, only at reasonable rates with the goal being to get the guns back to the owners when the BS is cleared up. The other part is just straight storage for people who don't want to keep valuables in their house, but don't want to use banks.

That would be the way to do it here. Find a secure building, buy it, rent it out for non firearms purposes to pay the bills and then offer storage to people who are under Restraining Orders or who otherwise temporarily can't have firearms. As you point out, the only catch would be non EOPS and AG compliant firearms not being transferable back.

I wouldn't use a barn, but maybe an unused cold storage building somewhere.

Gary,

The only problem with that idea is that the PDs choose who to use (NOT the victim) and for various political reasons you are not going to convince almost any of them NOT to use Village Vault or Powderhorn. It's my understanding that we already have many other smaller "bonded warehouses" out there, but the PDs will continue to do business with their "friends" shutting out almost anyone else. And the abuse continues.

As you point out, the only catch would be non EOPS and AG compliant firearms not being transferable back.
Not necessarily. It could reasonably be viewed the same as returning a gun after gunsmithing - and even our AG has not yet suggested that only EOPS/AG compliant guns may stay overnight at a gunsmith.

Another area ripe for litigation. Something similar used to happen with towing. PDs would have favorite towing companies and only they would get the calls for tows. Now most PDs have a rotating list for tows because it turned out that there were kick backs involved.

If the other bonded warehouses were smart, they'd band together and sue.

Gary,

The only problem with that idea is that the PDs choose who to use (NOT the victim) and for various political reasons you are not going to convince almost any of them NOT to use Village Vault or Powderhorn. It's my understanding that we already have many other smaller "bonded warehouses" out there, but the PDs will continue to do business with their "friends" shutting out almost anyone else. And the abuse continues.

What ever happened to this?

There has been a lot of talk recently about bonded warehouses again.

It is proceeding forward. From the Comm2A.org web site, the following information is listed.
03/11/2014 -- Conference
05/24/2104 -- Discovery Deadline
05/31/2014 -- Plaintiff's Amended MSJ Due
06/30/2014 -- Defendants' Amended Oppositions Due
07/14/2014 -- Plaintiff's Reply Due
08/26/2014 -- Conference

Correct. It kind of ground to a halt last year for a number of reasons. But it's now back in full swing. The judge went to Senior Status last year, so perhaps that means he'd like to get his docket cleaned up a little.

I noticed the Village Vault posted the storage fees on their website. Have they always been there? If so, have they changed?
Also this is posted on the same page. Is this an attempt to CYA?

If you have had your firearms seized in accordance with MGL Chapter 140, Section 129D you may at anytime transfer or sell your firearms to a properly licensed individual or firearms dealer for a transfer fee of $20 per gun

I noticed the Village Vault posted the storage fees on their website. Have they always been there? If so, have they changed?
Also this is posted on the same page. Is this an attempt to CYA?
That fee is only the charge for the transfer to another LTC holder. It does not include the fee to pick the gun up, the daily storage fee, or the administrative fee.

Back
Top Bottom