Comm2A Sues over Property Forfeiture

That fee is only the charge for the transfer to another LTC holder. It does not include the fee to pick the gun up, the daily storage fee, or the administrative fee.

The fee to pick the gun up. such bullshit!

it's my god damn gun!!!!

The fee to pick the gun up. such bullshit!

it's my god damn gun!!!!
There are two fees - one for the VV to pick the gun up; one for the owner to pick it up from the VV and a third fee if it is being transferred to another license holder.

So if you had 10 guns taken and went the next day to transfer them to another ffl you're looking at ~600$? Holy scam artist Batman!

So if you had 10 guns taken and went the next day to transfer them to another ffl you're looking at ~600$? Holy scam artist Batman!

you have identified the problem. Comm2a is working on the solution.

If you are a collector, imagine having dozens of firearms, collected over a lifetime with similar onerous fees applied. [puke]

Karma is a bitch, and there is a special place in hell for slime like this. With any luck, they will be in the same area as the dupont pedophile.

I wonder if there is an antitrust angle to all this? VV is the only bonded warehouse, no?

No, there are several more including Power Horn on the Cape and New England Ballistic Services in Hopedale. Other bonded warehouses seem to be more sensitive to the issues we're bringing out in this case. I also know that some PDs are looking for alternatives to VV because of their practices.

We had a motions hearing in this case today. At issue was our motion for partial summary judgement against Village Vault. More specifically, the question at had is whether Village Vault functions as a 'state actor' when it comes to their role in storing firearms seized by the police and subsequently transferred to their possession. In our motion we've framed the issue to be similar to a towing company that runs an impound lot. In these cases there's a fair amount of case law indicating that private impound are indeed state actors when they take possession of vehicles impounded by the police. We're optimistic that the judge will adopt our perspective. Stay tuned.

We had a motions hearing in this case today. At issue was our motion for partial summary judgement against Village Vault. More specifically, the question at had is whether Village Vault functions as a 'state actor' when it comes to their role in storing firearms seized by the police and subsequently transferred to their possession. In our motion we've framed the issue to be similar to a towing company that runs an impound lot. In these cases there's a fair amount of case law indicating that private impound are indeed state actors when they take possession of vehicles impounded by the police. We're optimistic that the judge will adopt our perspective. Stay tuned.

Great comparison.

Anyone thinks that "boycotting" dowd is going to work is seriously deluded. He's just some no name putz on gunbroker, and if you "out" him and it somehow impacts his sales, he'll just change the company name to something else, or set up another FFL to legally launder the guns through.

-Mike

Does anyone know Dowds Florida FFL business that he uses to collect items and bring then up to MA on a regular basis. Condo and trip expenses?

Does anyone know Dowds Florida FFL business that he uses to collect items and bring then up to MA on a regular basis. Condo and trip expenses?

No I don't. However FFLs in any state can obtain guns in any part of the USA. They just are restricted to selling them at their licensed place of business (or any gun show in the state that they are licensed in).

So Peter can go to FL and buy anything he wants to bring to MA to sell w/o any further licenses.

I would ask if Dowd et al, has ANY familial, or business related connections to anyone state employed, who is involved with seizing and "transferring" firearms to Dowd, or Village.
In a similar vein to the "right turn on red" law that passed, coincidentally THAT same day, signs prohibiting "RTOR" turned up at nearly EVERY intersection in the state. Turns out that the company making these signs was then Gov.Ed Kings brother in law...can you say conflict of interest? Contract rigging? etc, etc.
I hope you wreck Village and Dowd! Donation on the way.

Great comparison.

It is an excellent comparison, whether the judge agrees or not. Both your car and your firearms are personal property. Recovering/disposing/transferring your personal property should not be prohibitively expensive. The fact is that with firearms, it quickly becomes so expensive that you wind up forfeiting your property...at least with what I've seen of VV.

Since the firearms are being stored at the direction of the state, I don't see how the bonded "warehouses" are not state actors. But that's probably why I'm not a judge. [smile]

As regards COMM2A, I can't say enough good things. They are the light at the end of a very dark tunnel that gun owners have to travel through in the PRM. I am tired of being treated like a 2nd class citizen because of the property I choose to own, or the rights I choose to exercise. What's sad is that there is even a need for COMM2A to exist.

Folks, I know money is tight for many people, but if you own even one firearm in MA, please consider supporting COMM2A. They are doing yeoman's work. [thumbsup]

ETA: I'm not slighting the work of GOAL, or any national group, and I understand that their objectives are all related but different. I am a GOAL member, and a member of two national groups, but right now, COMM2A is the gladiator in the legal arena at the state level. Please support them. Their opponent is bigger, better armed, and without scruples. (Yes, Martha, I'm referring to you and your office.[wave])

In this "David v. Goliath" battle, I'm rooting for David.

Last edited:
Now I'm confused. Seems that Peter Dowd should have a ton of desirable guns to sell from all the legalized theft confiscations. [thinking] What am I missing here?

BTW, the bonded warehouse in Hopedale is the single biggest seller from MA on GB. Makes me sick to my stomach every time I see someone's confiscated guns being sold to some unknowing out-of-state buyer. If only those buyers knew the disgusting shit show they are supporting...

Your RTOR story doesn't hold much, if any water. First, most cities and towns didn't put up more than a few signs. Quincy, where I lived at the time, was an exception. The then chief ordered them put up at every intersection. Each and every sign was made by the DPW sign shop. Which many cities and towns have and had at the time. The state has it's own sign shop for the few signs that needed to be put up on state roads, as did the MDC.

I would ask if Dowd et al, has ANY familial, or business related connections to anyone state employed, who is involved with seizing and "transferring" firearms to Dowd, or Village.
In a similar vein to the "right turn on red" law that passed, coincidentally THAT same day, signs prohibiting "RTOR" turned up at nearly EVERY intersection in the state. Turns out that the company making these signs was then Gov.Ed Kings brother in law...can you say conflict of interest? Contract rigging? etc, etc.
I hope you wreck Village and Dowd! Donation on the way.

Your RTOR story doesn't hold much, if any water.
I don't know about who made the signs, but when the feds mandated right turn on red via highway funding requirements, MA took pride in defiantly posting NO RTOR signs at over 90% of intersections. Slowly, these came down over time.

Dowd doesn't need family in the legislature to have pushed this through when he has antigunners. They all know what this is, and how it operates, which means the ones who vote for this crap are facilitating state sponsored theft.

I had been driving for several years when this passed and don't remember it being anywhere near that high a percentage other than in Quincy. MA was the last state to pass a ROTR law, as you point out. The number of signs dropped quickly, whatever it was, to the point where today they are by far the exception. Even in Quincy.

You never see a no LTOR sign and most people, including most police officers, don't know that it's legal or under what circumstances.

I don't know about who made the signs, but when the feds mandated right turn on red via highway funding requirements, MA took pride in defiantly posting NO RTOR signs at over 90% of intersections. Slowly, these came down over time.

I read somewhere that the feds came back with the same highway funding threat and said "You need to come up with engineering warrants for all these NTOR signs." They weren't about to allow so transparent of an end-run around the mandate for RTOR.

I had been driving for several years when this passed and don't remember it being anywhere near that high a percentage other than in Quincy. MA was the last state to pass a ROTR law, as you point out. The number of signs dropped quickly, whatever it was, to the point where today they are by far the exception. Even in Quincy.

You never see a no LTOR sign and most people, including most police officers, don't know that it's legal or under what circumstances.

Disagree on the first part, agree on the 2nd part.

One No LTOR sign is at the Doubletree in Waltham (Winter St and 1st Ave intersection on Winter St.), where you make the U-turn on Winter St.

I remember asking a couple of cops about LTOR and they all swore it was illegal. I watched someone make one at Belmont St and Main St. traffic light in Brockton. There was a cop behind him who pulled him over for making the LTOR even though he did nothing wrong legally.

There is one in Fall River.

Sign or police officer?

Sign. [laugh] I remember remarking to my wife about it, because she said that all left-on-red turns were illegal anyway. I was able to correct her, thanks to NES. [smile]

Go to Troy St @ Bedford St in Fall River. If you want to find a place near you to experience the heady excitement of turning left-on-red, click here.

Enjoy the freedom! [smile]

"You never see a no LTOR sign and most people, including most police officers, don't know that it's legal or under what circumstances."[/QUOTE]

been driving since 1973 and i didn't know left on red became legal when ror did. i guessing it's when you're on a one way and you come to another one way that goes r to l based on your travel of direction

so as not to totally hi-jack the thread, another check to comm 2a monday a.m. Better allies we couldn't have.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom