• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Comm2A Sues over Property Forfeiture

Rob, I think it needs to be noted that Mark, the owner of Consolidated Firearms Services is a GOAL member, he is trying to get word out about his business as he is multi faceted. He's an FFL a smith and has a bonded warehouse portion.

He started the bonded warehouse portion as a service to his customers, not because he wants to vulture seized guns from P.D.'s.

Currently and unfortunately there is a need for this service in MA and he wants to make it as painless, inexpensive and equitable as possible for GOAL members and his customers, should they ever need it.

He also came up with a great package for gun owners that they can put in their safe, it includes an inventory sheet with notes about the condition of each firearm and instructions to the P.D. regarding who firearms should be transferred to.

So yes, it might have come off as a paid ad but it is valuable information for many.

I pulled this snippet quoting MGL from Comm2A complaint in the "police use letter as search warrant" thread:

"upon notification in writing by the purchaser or transferee and the former owner, the licensing authority shall within 10 days deliver the firearms, rifles, shotguns and machine guns and ammunition to the transferee or purchaser"

Seems to me that the intent of the law is to promptly return property and that it would be impossible for the PD to follow this section of the law if there is an outstanding VV bill.

I pulled this snippet quoting MGL from Comm2A complaint in the "police use letter as search warrant" thread:

"upon notification in writing by the purchaser or transferee and the former owner, the licensing authority shall within 10 days deliver the firearms, rifles, shotguns and machine guns and ammunition to the transferee or purchaser"

Seems to me that the intent of the law is to promptly return property and that it would be impossible for the PD to follow this section of the law if there is an outstanding VV bill.
The intent of the law was to save PDs the burden of long term storage of guns. The legislature even provided for the EOPS to "regulate" the bonded warehouses but, unfortunately, did not have the foresight to make the regulation mandatory or establish guidelines for the regulation. The GCAB, in its role of "support the police, not the subjects" backed down from any regulation after some back channel negotiation which reportedly included that the warehouses would shut down if subject to any regulation.

Back
Top Bottom