• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Comm2A files suit against Rehoboth...

What, specifically, would you like to see done about Boston?

This... The list is so long!
Comm2A already corrected the Naturalized-By-Proxy problem (forcing the recognition of a passport for ID.)
Still up: The test, restrictions, delays, AWB over and above that of Massachusetts...

I'm sure that those are on their roadmap. But I suspect that, for legal strategy reasons, they need to keep most of that roadmap close to their vest.

Just curious as to when Comm2A will try to do something about Boston

I would guess that Comm2A is going after smaller cities/towns to set precedent. I imagine that boston has a lot more tax dollars to spend fighting a suit than Rehoboth.

Just curious as to when Comm2A will try to do something about Boston

Boston isn't even the worst offender anymore, not even close. Not saying something shouldn't be done, but if I had a list of attack priorities they'd be somewhere in the middle of the pack not at the front of it.

-Mike

This makes (count 'em) eight (8, ocho, huit, etc.) active federal cases that Comm2A is managing.

What you're seeing is the fruition of many years of NES members purchasing items through our Amazon Donations Link.......

I kid, I kid....

Thanks to Comm2A for all you do!!

Boston isn't even the worst offender anymore, not even close. Not saying something shouldn't be done, but if I had a list of attack priorities they'd be somewhere in the middle of the pack not at the front of it.

-Mike
What about going after the whole state process to begin with? How did it get to this situation where I used to live in Malden back in the day and got my first LTC (pretty easy) no restrictions ... But I lived literally on the Medford line and could look across the fellsway at my wife's cousin and was so close I could almost see his RESTRICTED LTC if he held it in his hand. And he was one of the nicest, decent, law abiding gentlemen on earth.
Instead of little wins here and there, town to town, how do we go after the whole effin process? Some people in MA will not even consider a good deal on a house if that house happens to be in a "Red" town, but what happens when the house they DO buy into the green town becomes "new chief, recalling unrestricteds and issuing restricteds, blah blah blah..
I think that's what a few of the posts in this thread are actually getting at :that it's" whoopee " we win a tiny skirmish while the War still ain't going very well..

What about a lawsuit that basically amounts to a docket header of "STOP THE BULLSH*T vs The Commonwealth of Assachusetts"....??

What, specifically, would you like to see done about Boston?

The fact the you must apply for a restricted license. Licensing office will not even entertain the thought of applying for an unrestricted. To even be considered for unrestricted, you have to write a letter to the head of the licensing department and wait to see if he responds. In the case of my daughter, she sent the letter by certified mail and never received a response as to why she couldn't get her restrictions removed. Boston may be considered by some to be the middle of the pack, but their policy is still to issue restricted licenses to the masses.

What about going after the whole state process to begin with?

What about a lawsuit that basically amounts to a docket header of "STOP THE BULLSH*T vs The Commonwealth of Assachusetts"....??

"How do you eat an elephant?" That is the approach that Comm2A is using and I'll bet it is much more effective than trying to swallow that elephant whole.

@GlockJock - First establish case law, then go after the big prize.
There have been grand attempts by others... they have always ended badly.

Correct on both counts.

We'd all like the circus to end, but we won't get there by jumping on the entire state first.

What about going after the whole state process to begin with? How did it get to this situation where I used to live in Malden back in the day and got my first LTC (pretty easy) no restrictions ... But I lived literally on the Medford line and could look across the fellsway at my wife's cousin and was so close I could almost see his RESTRICTED LTC if he held it in his hand. And he was one of the nicest, decent, law abiding gentlemen on earth.
Instead of little wins here and there, town to town, how do we go after the whole effin process? Some people in MA will not even consider a good deal on a house if that house happens to be in a "Red" town, but what happens when the house they DO buy into the green town becomes "new chief, recalling unrestricteds and issuing restricteds, blah blah blah..
I think that's what a few of the posts in this thread are actually getting at :that it's" whoopee " we win a tiny skirmish while the War still ain't going very well..

Because if the chiefs keep getting hit with Comm2a's tiger uppercuts and spinning piledrivers in court, eventually word gets around and they'll stop the gayness, because it's going to be quite clear to them soon that they're on the losing side of the coin in most cases.

-Mike

GOAL tried this. I think it was a suit to invalidate the entire act of 1998. All we got out of it was case law establishing that the law of 1998 is legal under the MA constitution.

GOAL tried this. I think it was a suit to invalidate the entire act of 1998. All we got out of it was case law establishing that the law of 1998 is legal under the MA constitution.

Yes, but wasn't this before the Heller and McDonald cases happened? Isn't there something about one key part of MA law which was invalidated by either or both of those cases together? Something about either an individual right or something? Davis?

Yes, but wasn't this before the Heller and McDonald cases happened? Isn't there something about one key part of MA law which was invalidated by either or both of those cases together? Something about either an individual right or something? Davis?

The Massachusetts Courts have not acknowledged that Heller and McDonald apply in Mass. Take a read through Holden where they say that a LTC is not protected by the Second Amendment.

Folks, Comm2A knows what they are doing. We won't succeed if we try to short circuit the process. It requires taking things step by step to have the best chance of success. Yes, it sucks that it will take many years to succeed. But that is better than losing quickly.

Folks, Comm2A knows what they are doing. We won't succeed if we try to short circuit the process. It requires taking things step by step to have the best chance of success. Yes, it sucks that it will take many years to succeed. But that is better than losing quickly.

This, and all I know is that every couple months I see more positive news out of Comm2A. Progress here and there is superior to no-gress. It reminds me of the story of the old bull and the young bull...

One day an old bull and a young bull were standing atop a hill overlooking their herd of cows. The young bull turns to the old bull and says "What do you say we run down there and f*** one of them cows?" The old bull looks over at the young bull and says "I've got a better idea. How about we walk down there and f*** all of them?".

This, and all I know is that every couple months I see more positive news out of Comm2A. Progress here and there is superior to no-gress. It reminds me of the story of the old bull and the young bull...
One day an old bull and a young bull were standing atop a hill overlooking their herd of cows. The young bull turns to the old bull and says "What do you say we run down there and f*** one of them cows?" The old bull looks over at the young bull and says "I've got a better idea. How about we walk down there and f*** all of them?".

Ha. Love it...
And I get the" slow and steady wins the race" inference, but thing is, with my next " Oh, Mister Chief pretty please may I have a new permission slip??" renewal, by the time it expires I'll be in my late 60s and farting all day as I'm driving around wealthy Chinese investors in the former United States, now a colony of Beijing..

I guess it's that time in life when I think about the kids and grandchildren future and prepare my "Massachusetts Sucks" inscription on my headstone.. .

Colors with Sean Penn and Robert Duvall....good flick

Now it is time for you Rehoboth people to write your local news outlets and ask them to cover this. EXPOSE THEM FOR WHAT THEY ARE!
Or, wait for Rehoboth to pay Comm2a's legal fees, then write a letter to the local paper asking why this was necessary.

Back
Top Bottom