• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Boston Federal Appeals Court sides with Mexico and reinstates suit against US Gun Manufacturers

Rockrivr1

NES Member
Boston courts siding with a foreign country to support a suit against US Gun Makers. Here's my shocked face...... [thinking] So when are we going to sue Mexico for the migrant border crisis or the drug infestation coming across the boarder or the Cartel crime allowed to come across the boarder, etc. etc. etc. Oh that's right, NEVER.... This country can suck the big one sometimes.

Boston US appeals court revives $10bn lawsuit by Mexico against American gunmakers​

A US appeals court on Monday revived a $10bn lawsuit by Mexico seeking to hold American gun manufacturers responsible for facilitating the trafficking of weapons to drug cartels across the US-Mexico border.

The Boston-based 1st US circuit court of appeals overturned a lower-court judge’s decision dismissing the case on the grounds that a US law barred Mexico from suing Smith & Wesson Brands, Sturm, Ruger & Co and others.
Judge William Kayatta, writing for the three-judge panel, said that while the law can be applied to lawsuits by foreign governments, Mexico’s lawsuit “plausibly alleges a type of claim that is statutorily exempt from the PLCAA’s general prohibition”.

I'm guessing tomorrow's Epoch Times will have some in-depth coverage, including who the judges are and who appointed them.

Two words — 1st Circuit
Words to remember for all the "Let the state pass what they want, we'll beat it in court" folks. Maybe someday, but only after losing at trial, losing at the appeal panel, and then losing at the full circuit before rolling the dice at SCOTUS. It will take years to run that list.

Yeah. "We're from Mexico. We're suing gun manufacturers. Can we pick a court that will just allow us to do whatever we want?"

"Oh sure. Pick whatever."

(I assume it's b/c up to one of the guns was a S&W.)

I can't wait for this to filter all the way to the Supremes and they give it the whole "Are you F'ing kidding me?" opinion.

You wonder who is paying the Mexican legal bills.

Yeah. "We're from Mexico. We're suing gun manufacturers. Can we pick a court that will just allow us to do whatever we want?"

"Oh sure. Pick whatever."

(I assume it's b/c up to one of the guns was a S&W.)

I can't wait for this to filter all the way to the Supremes and they give it the whole "Are you F'ing kidding me?" opinion.

You wonder who is paying the Mexican legal bills.
By all appearances, several of the Berobed have been Gotten To. So don't count your chickens.

Words to remember for all the "Let the state pass what they want, we'll beat it in court" folks. Maybe someday, but only after losing at trial, losing at the appeal panel, and then losing at the full circuit before rolling the dice at SCOTUS. It will take years to run that list.
just too incredible to assume that the court filled with diversity to the edge will stand on the side of the enemies of the country which interests the court was supposed to serve, right?
yeah, right...

I'm sure the suit that has just been given new life was filed by MX at the behest of the Hive, so... no. Besides, you can only sue .gov with .gov's permission.
Can someone translate?

Here's the full decision.
Legal theory in Estados Unidos Mexicanos v. Smith & Wesson Brands, Inc. et al is that the defendants “aided and abetted the knowingly unlawful downstream trafficking of their guns into Mexico"
Thought this was about Fast & Furious at first. :-(

Back
Top Bottom