Comm2A files suit against Rehoboth...

I got to check this forum out more often, I just found this thread and I had no idea any of this was going on.

No big problems for me getting my LTC from the Rehoboth PD. I think it took all and all about 50-60 days from interview to getting the card. Then again I don't have a criminal record. From what my neighbors tell me Trompetta has never been the type to cut anyone any slack.

But don't feel bad that you only got $3500. Our town is pretty much broke and even that small amount will hurt us. We might have to pay in used office furniture.

Maybe you should stop infringing on people's rights so your poor town won't have to pay out when they lose in court. [rolleyes]

"Has never been one to cut anyone any slack"

i.e. He has no problem infringing on the rights of citizens.

From what my neighbors tell me Trompetta has never been the type to cut anyone any slack.

But don't feel bad that you only got $3500. Our town is pretty much broke and even that small amount will hurt us.

Are you really trying to drum up sympathy over denying people their rights? Likely to be fairly unsuccessful.

But don't feel bad that you only got $3500. Our town is pretty much broke and even that small amount will hurt us. We might have to pay in used office furniture.

So sorry to hear....

Last edited by a moderator:
Who asked you and why should i care what you have no sympathy for?

I really DGAF if you care or not, your statement was ridiculous and showing sympathy for the fascist police chief denying peoples rights. Maybe your should worry a little more about the bill of rights than how much money your town can suck out of people.

I think it took all and all about 50-60 days from interview to getting the card
If the speed limit is 40, is it OK if I drive 50-60 through your town? It's really not that much faster.

Reminds me of people who complain about how much their speeding tickets cost them, but keep on speeding.

What you are saying is don't feel bad that you had to spend a bunch of money on lawyers to get the police chief to do what he swore an oath to do.

You do realize that if the chief did his job, there would be NO lawsuit and NO legal fees, don't you?

Last edited:
Chances are the $3500 will be paid by the towns insurance, though the claims history could impact the next year's rates (though a $3500 claim on a municipal policy is trivial and may not move the needle).

What is important is the message it sends to the public and selectmen.

Geez all I said was that the lessor fine will actually hurt us and I get a bunch of *******s and trolls expressing glee about it, making like this was my personal fault. When I first read about this issue I was inclined to support it but now as far as i'm concerned you're all just a bunch of money grubbing shysters who are as bad for this country as any tyrant cop.

Geez all I said was that the lessor fine will actually hurt us and I get a bunch of *******s and trolls expressing glee about it, making like this was my personal fault. When I first read about this issue I was inclined to support it but now as far as i'm concerned you're all just a bunch of money grubbing shysters who are as bad for this country as any tyrant cop.

wambulance_logo.jpg

I am confused Dave...you post on a firearm forum that it's OK for the powers that be to:

Not do their job
Not follow the law
Deny citizens their constitutional rights

Did you expect an understanding response from forum members? I believe you are missing the big picture here.

Easy killer. Your complacency in settling for "50-60 day" wait times is the only thing you're really guilty of. With regard to glee, I find it almost orgasmic when a town has to pay this sort of thing, as they're truly reaping the seeds they've sown.

Violating someones rights should hurt. Unless of course you value some town hack's job over a citizen's rights. You're also ignoring the money the city wasted running their end of this case, too. You're pissed at the wrong people, you should be pissed at the CLEO for ****ing your town over and not just doing his job, instead, he acted like a tyrant bitch by turtling on people's licenses.

You're also losing sight of the fact that the plaintiff here was probably not the only guy in town to have his license turtled on for 12 months, the plaintiff was probably the only one with enough balls to do something about it. A bunch of other poor bastards probably suffered in silence with no LTC. This isn't about just one guy.

-Mike

I am confused Dave...you post on a firearm forum that it's OK for the powers that be to:

Not do their job
Not follow the law
Deny citizens their constitutional rights

Did you expect an understanding response from forum members? I believe you are missing the big picture here.

I never said any of that.

What I did say was I hadn't heard about the problem, that the reduced fine will still hurt our brokeass town, that it didn't take me nearly that long to get my LTC and that the chief has a long history of being a dick. Nowhere did I say that I condoned any of it. As for the 50-60 day wait for my LTC, that was just after Sandy Hook when around the state that was about the fastest that anyone was getting them back. I'm not happy about the extra couple of weeks but neither am I going to get too upset about it, not when in towns at the time were rejecting all applications outright.

Maybe you Comm2A people ought to stop being so eager to alienate folks who didn't mean you any harm in the first place.

What I did say was I hadn't heard about the problem, that the reduced fine will still hurt our brokeass town, that it didn't take me nearly that long to get my LTC and that the chief has a long history of being a dick. Nowhere did I say that I condoned any of it. As for the 50-60 day wait for my LTC, that was just after Sandy Hook when around the state that was about the fastest that anyone was getting them back. I'm not happy about the extra couple of weeks but neither am I going to get too upset about it, not when in towns at the time were rejecting all applications outright.

Maybe you Comm2A people ought to stop being so eager to alienate folks who didn't mean you any harm in the first place.

Please educate me, I'm unaware that any towns were outright rejecting all applications after Sandy Hook?? Never heard that so if you have info on that, I'm all ears.

Most of us on here (only 3 Comm2A officers participate on NES) are merely people who contribute to Comm2A, we do not speak for the org but firmly believe that ANY violation of one's rights are not something to be ignored and that those that do so should be held with their feet to the fire. It's just a damn shame that they have immunity from being PERSONALLY liable for all those expenses/fees when they lose due to violations of people's civil rights. But also keep in mind that chiefs do NOT act on their own, but with the permission (or by orders) from those above them (mayor, city council, selectmen, etc.) so even if the town has to pay from their budget, most of us aren't sympathetic to said town!!

What you did say was: When I first read about this issue I was inclined to support it but now as far as i'm concerned you're all just a bunch of money grubbing shysters who are as bad for this country as any tyrant cop.

So you no longer support what? Plus you insinuated that I am a money grubbing shyster who is bad for this country...why is that?

What you did say was: When I first read about this issue I was inclined to support it but now as far as i'm concerned you're all just a bunch of money grubbing shysters who are as bad for this country as any tyrant cop.

So you no longer support what? Plus you insinuated that I am a money grubbing shyster who is bad for this country...why is that?

He means "come and take" HIS but screw the rest of you/us.

Kewl another out yourself thread. I am only a member of Comm2a. I send them money every month. I could care less about alienating people like you. Maybe next time it will take you a year to get your LTC and you can come up with some BS reason why that's still ok. Carry on.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Article 1:
Angiulo: Massachusetts Motor Vehicle Stops and the Odor of Marijuana Continued

For the court, the answer to this question started with a look at the legal structures surrounding car stops. Any time law enforcement pulls over a motor vehicle they are conducting a seizure as considered by the Federal and State Constitutions. As a result, the court will suppress any evidence seized unless the Commonwealth can establish the officers were justified in their actions.

In Rodriguez, the court ruled that police could not stop cars just because of the smell of burnt marijuana alone. Interestingly, when they did this they also reviewed an old case, Commonwealth v. Garden that had previously declared the odor of burnt marijuana provided probable cause that marijuana would be nearby. This case had been used for years to justify motor vehicle stops and searches and in Rodriguez the court chose to reconsider this position. The justices went on to observe that there were a number of ways a person could smell like marijuana, including having been in in a place where the substance was being consumed.

Article 2:
NEWS

SJC's pot ruling leaves law enforcement officials shaking their heads

Martin Healy, chief legal counsel for the Massachusetts Bar Association, said the SJC decision showed that the courts are moving toward protecting the rights of citizens to possess marijuana without any unnecessary police interference or action against them. He called it an evolving area for law.

Last edited:
Well whatever. It seems that anything I say is just going to be twisted and ridiculed anyways so I will take my leave.

Don't. I understand you pretty well. I will support your statement. Your town should really get that ass in the police station removed to pay the fine though.

Back
Top Bottom