Collectors Guns, Stoneham, MA

Fred- you can't beat their prices on .223 ammo either. Once in a while they have Wolf for less than $6/box and Priv for about $6.50/box. Good guys too. I know I've posted a few times about these guys but it's great that we have a couple GREAT dealers in the area.

I find them the best!!!

Fred

Just there for the first time. Walked out with a real nice Colt .45.. Nice selection of guns and he had powder, cast, jacketed, primers and alot of other reloading stuff too.

Great service, As soon as I walked in they asked me if they could help me and I was out in less than a 1/2 hour.

I gotta give Collector's the big two-thumbs-up. I stopped in tonight to buy my first-ever firearm and they were very patient with me. They were pulling out guns left and right and allowing me to handle them...they were even giving me guns that I had no interest in.

They weren't super talkative, but they definitely came across as good guys, not stuck up or belligerent. If I had to complain about one thing it would be that they weren't really trying to sell me anything. I was inquiring about AR's since they had a wall full of them and I'm in the market for one... but aside from directly answering any questions that I asked, they weren't too forthcoming with information and they didn't ask me if I wanted to see any of them or anything. If they had actually tried to sell me one I probably would have bought it.

But still, I'll definitely be back. It was real nice not having to deal with the usual 4Seasons crowd. I like 4Seasons and all, and it's right down the street from my apt, but I can't even get anywhere near the counter when I go there. At Collector's it was just me, my friend, and the two guys running the place. Gave me plenty of time to talk about and look at the guns.

When I lived in MA, my first stop was usually 4 seasons, but CCG is where I got all my reloading supplies. Nice enough guys, helped them out with some computer stuff once. The rifle loft was great, and I bought a few other non firearms things there too. I keep thinking about stopping in there again.

Collectors is also one of my favorites. I have been doing business with them for years and not ever had a bad experience. Plenty of new and used firearms, ammo, reloading suppliess and other cool accesssories.

The guys at Collectors are always great to deal with. They let me schmooze all I want and let me handle eveything I might consider buying. They are the most gracious guys around. I will continue to patronize them even if Northshore Firearms is alot closer. Prices are competitive all be it a little high on some "pre-owned" firearms at least not as high a 4 seasons!

Great to do business with.

I have to say that my one and only trip to Collectors was awesome. I drove from here in The Berkshires to Collectors to pick up my IMI Model B Uzi a few years ago. My first impression walking into the shop was: "WOW!!". There were more rifles of blackness than I had seen in quite some time...Shop here in The Berkshires and you'll se what I mean. My first impressions of the two gentlemen behind the counter was not so great. The store was not busy and I was not greeted at all. The store had literally just opened, so I gave them benefit of the doubt, (early Saturday morning) and my feelings of being ignored faded rapidly. Names escape me, (grey haired guy #1 and shorter stalky guy #2), but both gentlemen there were awesome. The first Uzi I looked at was a used, (but decent) Model B with a ton of mags and accessories. The push was on for me to buy that gun, but I spotted another one WAY up on the wall and asked if it would be okay if I took a look at that one. Guy #1 seemed put off a bit, but guy #2 was gung-ho. We dragged a HUGE ladder from out back in the rain and with some effort, clamored up the wall to reach it. Turns out, it was literally a NIB IMI Model B - I mean, it was NEW - not a scratch, ding or even a wear mark on the bolt - stunning! It had all the original accessories and both a hard and soft case. They even contacted the owner of the first Uzi to see if he would part with a couple of mags. Guy #1 gave me what I thought was a very fair trade for my Marlin .450 Guide Gun and even cut me a tremendous deal on some Winchester White Box 9mm. This and guy #2's extra effort got me a new gun at the same price - awesome.

I wound up spending the better part of 2 hours in the store and witnessed first hand the patience - especially of guy#1, when a customer came in and demanded more money for an AR-15, than I would have even paid as a customer. They also let me handle anything I looked at, answered all questions and seemed genuinely interested in my "small talk". I would absolutely buy there again......

Last edited:
Was over at Collector's a few weeks ago and as per usual, they were superb. Great guys to deal with. Lots of nice stuff around. Many rifles of colour, so to speak.

I've only bought two guns from Collector's, but they're two of the most expensive ones I've ever bought (M1A and Model 41). Great place, great people, huge selection of fairly priced ammo, extra mags, etc. Just all around great place.

Made another purchase here yesterday. Keep up the good work guys. The place is great for looking around and asking questions, oh and for buying lots of guns too.

I stopped in again today and got 2000 Winchester large pistol primers, Unique, W231, a brick of CCI sv and a couple of small things.

He has all the reloading stuff plus a large selection of bullets.

Great place for some one who reloads. I've been there about 8 times in the last year and always found what I was looking for.

Last edited:
More great service from them. I was not happy with a recent purchase, all my fault, not theirs, and they more than helped make it right.

Longest part of doing business in this shop was trying to decide on just one thing to bring home. Both myself and my dad bought Christmas gifts for ourselves. Great store!

I went in here yesterday to buy 1 gun(the 22S). Almost left with an AK to go with it. These guys were WICKED nice and very helpful. Answered lots of questions and dealt with my bumbling.

This gun is pretty
img0812jn6.jpg

I went in here yesterday to buy 1 gun(the 22S). Almost left with an AK to go with it. These guys were WICKED nice and very helpful. Answered lots of questions and dealt with my bumbling.

This gun is pretty
img0812jn6.jpg

Very good choice, not that expensive, very accurate. I have owned the 22s since 1995 and really like everything about the way it feels and handles. I don't have those fancy wood grips like you (although they are nice looking), mine are the standard rubber but feel great in my hand.

That is definitely a keeper. Good luck with it.

I generally like this shop but today I called them and ended up a little tweaked. I asked if they had many Remington 870s in stock- they said yes. I asked if they had the 870 synthetic stock gun that had the 7 shot capacity. The guy responded like I was looking for a needle in a hay stack! He said "ya know we have tons of guns upstairs, there's no way I know what is up there!". I responded by saying "Ok, MAYBE I'll stop by when I can to check them out". I know what I wanted and I'll go elsewhere now for sure. I'm go there again as I like the shop but I think that was ridiculous. Simple customer service goes a LONG way.

Rileys has one

Yeah... I know- thanks though. I was up there last week with a friend of mine (that lives in NH) who went to buy some shot gun ammo and ended up leaving with an 870 combo!! Problem is it's a heck of a long ride for me. I think FS usually stocks them too.

I went in yesterday for the first time to purchase a new M&P that I had been saving for, and left with my head spinning. The guys behind the counter were friendly, the service was quick, and the selection.... well... made it hard to keep my eye on the prize. I kept getting distracted by something else that caught my eye and teased my wallet. I'll be going back for sure, and ironically enough I'll need to go when I don't have money to be able to look around at everything without agonizing over what to buy....

Back
Top Bottom