Collectors Guns, Stoneham, MA

I am sure it was the previous owners

They changed hands a few years ago and although I would categorize the new owners as "friendly", they have always been more than willing to let you look at a firearm as much as you want. I recently purchased a Ruger KP345 and they were very helpful and allowed me to do with it what I want in the way of checking it out.

I jump between four seasons and collectors for my needs.

Stopped in to pick up some laser grips for my gun. Was pretty crowded. The place isnt as well kept as other stores, seems like stuff is just thrown around and in bins, boxes. People were very helpful though. I would go back.

Having bought a few guns at Four Seasons, I decided to see what Collector's was like. I came in at the end of the day on a Friday (+1 to them for not rushing me out) and bought a new Sig 229. Everyone there was very helpful and very patient with me. The only problem was that I came in so late, I didn't have a chance to browse on the 2nd floor!

Plus, Collectors had the Sig priced $25 below the Four Seasons price. I actually would have purchased it a few weeks earlier at Four Seasons when I went in to browse, but they didn't have the gun in stock (and I checked twice).

Note: New Sigs now have a PLASTIC guide rod!

i went there today to buy an m&p40c. but someone mustve bought it over the weekend! dammittttt. so instead i put down some cash on a new m&p9c they had in stock, ill be back to pick it up in a week or so.

jerry is an awesome guy. very friendly and had no problem going to the back to look for an m&p for me. yes you do need to approach them, but thats why i love that shop. there is nothing worse than when your just trying to browse and you have a salesman hanging over you asking if you need help every 45 seconds.

i love the relaxed atmosphere. i didnt feel rushed at all. lifetime customer for sure!

i went to four seasons before and they have NOTHING in stock that i wanted, i kind of feel like CCG is hidden. haha. like a secret place no one knows about that has stuff in stock for that reason!

I talked with a guy who just left Collector's Gallery. He mentioned they got in a very large shipment of handgun ammo, including 9mm, .40 and the elusive .380.

I was at Four Seasons and they also had a fair bit of 9mm. They were putting out a few cases of WWB for $29.99 I think.

Best,

Rich

i went there today to buy an m&p40c. but someone mustve bought it over the weekend! dammittttt. so instead i put down some cash on a new m&p9c they had in stock, ill be back to pick it up in a week or so.

jerry is an awesome guy. very friendly and had no problem going to the back to look for an m&p for me. yes you do need to approach them, but thats why i love that shop. there is nothing worse than when your just trying to browse and you have a salesman hanging over you asking if you need help every 45 seconds.

i love the relaxed atmosphere. i didnt feel rushed at all. lifetime customer for sure!

i went to four seasons before and they have NOTHING in stock that i wanted, i kind of feel like CCG is hidden. haha. like a secret place no one knows about that has stuff in stock for that reason!

Yeah, that would be me. I went in there on saturday and picked up that M&P. Sorry to have snaked you like that, but I called around and they were the only ones I could find that had one. Taking it out for the first time tomorrow. [smile]

I didnt see any, but I also dont reload yet, so I wasnt looking. I got some WWB .40 SW from them though, they seemed to have a decent supply of it when I was there (A week ago)

those guys are good peeps. i can't believe i haven't posted a review.

ammo is usually on the floor in boxes / bins

decent amount of long guns upstairs (like an indoor loft set up)

handgun selection is decent as well - excellent if you like wheel guns and 1911's

prices are good too.

nice store, easy to access from main st.

my advice: avoid it during peak traffic. main st. is a nightmare during lunch time and Friday afternoons [laugh]

Yeah, I just noticed I hadnt reviewed, just said what I got. It was a great place to buy from, friendly people and quick too. Prices seemed pretty good.

I was in there this afternoon and the ammo pile is certainly a lot larger than it has been lately. Picked up some .40 and .223, still no decent .22LR.

Yeah, that would be me. I went in there on saturday and picked up that M&P. Sorry to have snaked you like that, but I called around and they were the only ones I could find that had one. Taking it out for the first time tomorrow. [smile]

figures it was an NES member [rofl] yea i was there during the week and saw the m&p40c and didnt put a deposit on it like i shouldve, oh well. i went in yesterday and paid off the M&P9c and took it home. i love that store.

im happy with the 9mm anyway. im happy they even had that. every store i called had NO compact M&Ps at all. when i was there they still had some m&p9c's in stock so if anyone is looking go scoop it up. i believe its 529+tax. pretty fair price.

went there today, they seem to have a lot of everything, I did not spot any real deals but did enjoy searching. I was able to find some plain old 17hmr which is just not around me locally. I was @ minuteman sportsman for MA state trap shoot and did the gun shop run.
they had all the types of ammo, best selection I have seen in a while.

They just got a floor full of ammo and its headed out the door [wink]

Picked up a 250ct 45ACP UMC - they had one more
Had 5 or 6 UMC 250 9mm
good chunk of 7.62, 5.56 308, 40 etc...

Grabbed the last 45 ACP today (well, there were 2 boxes of wolf steel case, but I am not yet that desperate)...

Plenty of 223, 308 (picked up a case), even a bunch of 40S&W...

The 40 seems to be piling up there and 4 seasons as compared to 9 and 45...

I have nothing but good things to say about this store. The guys were very helpful to me when I bought my shotgun there (my first actual store gun purchase). They were also more than helpful in diagnosing a problem with one of my pistols.

The new store (and management) is quite good. I had stayed away from them for years after several bad experiences in their earlier location.

I checked the Collector's Gallery out this past weekend. I was definitely a big fan of the store. Prices were great, selection was excellent. I know for a fact that I will be back in there to do some business in the near future.

I have bought a couple guns from them. Both times there was no problem with feild stripping them before I decided I wanted them. Friendly nice people.

Just bought a S&W 617 there. Good price and plenty of ammo. It's worth a trip or a phone call if your'e looking around for something. The 617 I got is in fairly short supply at a lot of stores.

Thanks, Collectors, for a great transaction. I'll definately be back.

I was in the area, and swung in. They had an insane selection of ammunition, .380, 10mm, .357sig, .45, .40, tons of different rifle ammo, various bulk packs of .22lr, etc. Their prices were some of the best I've seen (outside of DSG and Wally World). I'll definitely have to remember to swing by there again if I'm in the vicinity, or looking for something hard to find.

Picked up a used S&W 642 from them for a good price. Guys were friendly and laid back. They always seem to have lots of ammo and tons of interesting rifles up stairs. All in all, a great shop. I find myself going to Collectors more often that Four Seasons lately. (Nothing against Four Seasons, just that Collectors is closer and tends to have more ammo.)

Picked up my new Walther PK380 from them two weeks ago. Service was good and the individual I dealt with was very helpful. Due to the ammo shortages, they couldn't sell me more than two boxes of ammo (the cheap stuff) at a time, but they didn't jack up the prices either. Cost was very reasonable.

Back
Top Bottom