• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Collectors Guns, Stoneham, MA

Massachusetts Sales Tax Holiday Specials

Just received in Email . . .

Massachusetts Sales Tax Holiday Specials

Take advantage of the Taxachusetts Sales Tax Holiday this weekend, August 14 and 15. (Kind of oxymoronic sounding, isn’t it?)

Two days to thumb your nose at His Excellency, Governor Deval Patrick. Really rub it in and buy more than one gun this month, SALES TAX FREE!

Sales Tax Holiday Specials!!!
S&W M&P15-22............$389
S&W M17-9...................$739
S&W M&P15 ORC..........$849
S&W M686 4" or 6".... $639
S&W SW40VE.............. $319
S&W M&P40...................$499
S&W M&P45...................$529
LANBER M2087 O/U...$569
Ruger GP100 4" or 6"....$499

White's Metal Detectors and accessories 20% off

We will be open this Sunday, August 15, 2010 from 12:00pm to 4:00pm besides normal Saturday hours.

Avoid the crowd - phone or email your order with credit card info on Saturday and Sunday and pick it up after the weekend.

The Collector's Coin Gallery, Inc.
89B Hancock St.
Stoneham, MA 02180
781-438-4013
781-438-3999 (fax)
Tues & Wed 9:00am - 5:30pm
Thur & Fri 9:00am - 8:00pm
Sat 9:00am - 4:00pm
http://www.collectorsguns.com/

Buying my first firearm on 8/14

My experience at the Collector's Gallery Stoneham MA

I shopped around and found the Collector's Gallery had the best price on a sig sauer that I have been looking for. I spoke with the proprietor Jack and he was extremely helpful. He was very accomodating of the fact that I have not yet received my LTC in the mail and is putting the firearm to the side for my purchase on Saturday. Also I expressed concerns about making it in by closing and he offered accomodations in that regard as well.

In conclusion this was at the top of customer service I have received anywhere. Based on my trip today I absolutely recommend the Collector's Gallery. First gun buyers and aficionados alike will be pleased by what seemed to be a large diverse collection and excellent customer service.

Just bought a Springfield M1A loaded. Great price, no tax. $100 less than the same gun at 4 seasons. Good people to deal with

Just bought a Springfield M1A loaded. Great price, no tax. $100 less than the same gun at 4 seasons. Good people to deal with

I have found that to be the case with many prices at Collectors. With the two so close to each other, I will choose Collectors 9 times out of 10. I will throw Northshore Firearms in the mix, too as they run a great shop as well.

I traded in a gun last night and bought another one. Bill doesn't haggle which kinda sucks but it was such a good deal that I didn't care. I find that Jack and Jerry are the best ones to deal with at Collectors. If the gun I bought last night wasn't dirt cheap I would have waited to deal with Jack. Other than that it's a great shop with awesome prices!

Yes, they do have powder on the second floor. I think there were primers too. Not sure about other stuff as I was only looking for powder.

Thanks, I am on vacation this week and I will be heading up to Four Seasons for a pilgrimage... Think I'll stop by Collectors first to get a feel for the pricing.

Cast lead bullets in boxes of 500 are usually on the stairway to the loft. Primers are usually on/under the table at the top of the stairs.

I would highly recommend going to Collectors. I found their prices to be among the best around and they made me feel right at home.

Excellent gun shop with good prices. I bought a S&W 617 there a year ago and about $500 worth of .40 ammo, along with $150 worth of 22, too.

One thing though. I brought snap caps to try out the 617 before I bought it. The guy behind the counter told me that they were'nt necessary. I knew that you NEVER dry-fire a 22 rimfire so I used the snap caps anyway. Then I carefully inspected the gun for dry-fire damage on the cylinder and the firing pin. All was ok and I bought the gun.

I guess I'm trying to tell you to be careful and check the chambers and firing pins on the rimfire guns for marks or damage. Maybe they stopped the practice of allowing the dry-fire... I don't know.

Just had an excellent experience there. I was in and out in 20 minutes with something $75.00 cheaper than closer shops. Both of the gentleman there (both named Jack) were a pleasure to talk to.

I can never say enough good things about these guys. It is always a pleasure everytime I go there even if I dont buy something. They always take the time to talk to you and are not pushy about selling you something.

I called collector's and ask about a sig p226 in .40 i saw on the site, they first ask if i knew the stock number and when i told them no, they got really uppity with me. i repeat the model and caliber again and the person on the phone assured me it was there. i double check the model and caliber again and the person on the phone was extremely confident that it is the exact model and caliber. i make the drive out which is 30~45 min depending no traffic to find out that they do not have it and have never had it in the recent weeks; i even called from the road when i was stuck in traffic and had a person on the phone tell me yes, it is there for ~$750. i tried working with them, asked if they come across p226 in .40 and got a cold reply of 'yes' with a dead pan stare and no additional information.

worse gun shop trip i had ever had. i personally will never recommend anyone to the shop for anything at all.

seriously, you had someone ask for a specific model and couldn't get that right, had a benefit of the doubt and shot that down right then and there. i have had friends contacting me today asking about the trip and so far have convinced everyone i spoke to avoid collector's as they have proven that they are unreliable.

I called collector's and ask about a sig p226 in .40 i saw on the site, they first ask if i knew the stock number and when i told them no, they got really uppity with me. i repeat the model and caliber again and the person on the phone assured me it was there. i double check the model and caliber again and the person on the phone was extremely confident that it is the exact model and caliber. i make the drive out which is 30~45 min depending no traffic to find out that they do not have it and have never had it in the recent weeks; i even called from the road when i was stuck in traffic and had a person on the phone tell me yes, it is there for ~$750. i tried working with them, asked if they come across p226 in .40 and got a cold reply of 'yes' with a dead pan stare and no additional information.

worse gun shop trip i had ever had. i personally will never recommend anyone to the shop for anything at all.

seriously, you had someone ask for a specific model and couldn't get that right, had a benefit of the doubt and shot that down right then and there. i have had friends contacting me today asking about the trip and so far have convinced everyone i spoke to avoid collector's as they have proven that they are unreliable.

That sucks. They usually have a good selection, too.

The last two times I went there they overcharged me; once by $25, once by $100. I had bought a bunch of items each time and I didn’t catch the error until after I left. When I returned they gave me the money without any trouble (it was obvious from the hand-written receipt that it was an addition error) but I won’t be back. If you go, check their math before you leave.

I called the other day looking for powder and primers and asked if they had a certain type. He said he has some upstairs but would have to go up there to check. Dead silence on the phone after that he didnt want to go up stairs now. WTF

I like Collectors. The guys that run it are not exactly sparkling conversationalists, but they're good people.

To the guy that wanted a P226 in .40 - PM me if you're still looking, I have one that I could sell.

The way I see it, it is what makes life what it is. Some people swear by one place while others are not crazy for it. Goes for anything really. Many people swear by Four Seasons. I for one am not impressed. Not saying they are a bad shop, it is just not my cup of tea. I am always treated well at Collectors. To each there own. Thats is what makes America so great, we have choices.

After Thanksgiving Sale 2010

. . .

AFTER THANKSGIVING SALE
SAVE BIG FRIDAY, NOV. 26 AND SATURDAY, NOV. 27

10% OFF USED GUNS
(EXCLUDES CONSIGNMENTS AND CLASS 3)

10% OFF AMMO AND ACCESSORIES
(IN STOCK ITEMS)

NOTICE: CHANGE IN HOURS FOR HOLIDAY WEEKEND
CLOSED THURS, NOV. 25
FRIDAY, NOV. 26 9:00AM TO 4:00PM

Very helpful

I bought a really nice 357 with multiple barrels from the store this week. When I got home I realized that the gun was the wrong model and the barrels wouldn't fit my other guns. So I brought the gun back to the shop this morning and told them of my screw-up, and the guys couldn't have been more helpful and understanding. I ended up replacing my mistaken purchase with two other handguns, a Ruger 357 and a pocket Beretta (both basically new). It was a win/win for everyone.

The guys were really friendly and the transaction couldn't have been faster or easier. With such great customer service, I will definitely return for more.

Back
Top Bottom