• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Collectors Guns, Stoneham, MA

I've yet to have a good dealing with these folks after multiple tries. Today I called looking for a used 28" or 30" Vent Rib Mossberg 500 bird barrel. Got the "yep, we have one in stock" so I drove down there to get it. I walked in, said i called about the barrel and was directed upstairs to the used barrel section.

No 28" or 30" vent rib Mossberg 500 barrel.

Walk back down stairs and the guy goes "well we can order one for you". I proceeded to the exit.

That's beyond annoying and poor customer service.

I bought a pistol from Collector's that I wasn't happy with through no fault of theirs, so Jack gave me exaztly what I paid for the pistol in trade. No one else has ever done that for me. Customer service is good, prices are below average especially ammo. What more could you ask for in a gun shop ???

I have good dealings with Jack. Gave me a fair trade on a Glock in the late 90's for a nice Sig P220 and recently bought two nice used pistols and he worked with me on the price. Low key shop with no preasure just the way I like to do business.

Bump for a good bunch of guys.

Made the mistake of going in on Sat. Convinced myself I did not need what they were selling until Tues when they opened[rofl].

Picked up another hard to find gun in MA in excellent condition and at a good price.

Thanks Jack always a pleasure.

Another very positive vote. Great guys, not crowded, great prices, and always seem to have accessories and guns I am unable to find elsewhere....

Called Collectors Friday and asked them to hold a M&P 45 full size for me. They did and I bought it.
Nice guys. Quick and easy transaction. Paid $515.00 for her. Some good deals on ammo as well.
I would go back. Great store.

Last edited:
Great place with plenty of room to shop! I found the gun I wanted and the price was very competitive! I would highly recommend this place to anyone!

I bought a gun there a few weeks ago. Also had them look at two old WWII rifles and they agreed that they were shootable... I shot them and they didn't kaboom! So good call on that. I had a minor billing error that they corrected with a quick 5 minute visit to the shop the next day. Great experience.

They also have mosins in stock and they are all unboxed upstairs so you can pick out your own rifle.

Always a good experience at Collectors. I usually always find some great stuff either used, or on Consignment. Everytime I am there, somebody is always there either selling/trading something in. IMHO they have the best used selection in the area. Thats where I found my Benelli Super Black Eagle on consignment the other day [smile]

Kenny spent 40min talking with me about firearms general topics. Just the fact that he took the time and didnt act bothered will bring me and others that I know to the store... great selection of preban mags!

I just stopped into purchase an optic for my Sig 522 and they were a great help. Great prices on ammo as well. There's never a huge crowd in here and I'm honestly not sure why? They're so close to Four Seasons, the prices are similar, and the customer service is great.

I was in this morning and worked a trade with them and can't be happier! I agree that with it's proximity to FS it should be more crowded (than I've seen it). The selection and prices seem to be great as well. The knowledge of the staff is the best I've come accross in all the shops on the NS. The guys have always been great to me even though i am a newbie. I have a new favorite shop!! Thanks again guys!!!

Great collection of long guns. Everyone is friendly and very approachable. Lots of reloading equipment also. There is always good deals and lots of guns in stock. Their new site is up: www.ccgguns.com I recommend this shop to anyone looking for good service, great prices, and lots of guns/accessories.

-Al

I went in today looking for some 45ACP range ammo and some self defense rounds for my Glock 36 and was quickly greeted by a saleman. He was very knowledgeable and pointed me in the right direction towards the best SD rounds for the Glock. I had 3 options : 230gr Golden Saber, 185 Golden Saber +P, Corbon, and Hornady bonded critical defense. I chose the 185gr +P because it was a lighter bullet and had excellent penetration. The muzzle energy was 534 ft/lbs and 1140fps. which is very good. Sorry to keep rambling. I am new to the 45ACP market and will keep trying SD rounds to see what feeds best. Coin Gallery is always a great shop and usually isn't that crowded. Both Jacks that work there are wonderful guys.

Many years ago, I went to the Collectors Coin Gallery with an individual who just got his LTC (pre A/B days), and he picked out a Colt 1911 he wanted. As part of the final pre-purchase inspection, I wished to field (not detail) strip it to look for excessive tool marks - a not unheard of problem with new firearms.

The conversation went something like this:

Me: I'd like to check this gun for internal tool marks. May I detail strip it or would you prefer to do it?

CCG: That gun's not getting field stripped until it's paid for.

Me: What if we discover a big ugly tool mark inside right after buying it?

CCG: Sir, at that point you will own the gun and we will not. It will be between you and the manufacturer. We will not allow you to return or exchange it.

Me: Even if I discover the tool mark right here in the shop?

CCG: Yes, that's the way it works.

I haven't been back since.
he was a

Jimmy owned it back (original owner). I was his accountant, he was terrable to most of his customers but nobody in New England could touch his prices back than so you just put up with it

I just got back from CCG. The gentleman I dealt with (unfortunately I did not get his name) was great, answered several questions I had regarding a purchase I plan to make in the future and was just very helpful in general. I was also able to purchase a magazine (40S&W Beretta 9000S) that I have had absolutely no luck finding anywhere else. I will definitely shop there again.

The guys at Collectors have always been Top Notch. I have never been treated badly. I prefer dealing with them as compared to another local shop just down the road.

I just got back from CCG. The gentleman I dealt with (unfortunately I did not get his name) was great, answered several questions I had regarding a purchase I plan to make in the future and was just very helpful in general. I was also able to purchase a magazine (40S&W Beretta 9000S) that I have had absolutely no luck finding anywhere else. I will definitely shop there again.

Is that the gun Tom Cruise used in Minority Report?

I bough my Body Guard 380 from Jerry there and I have bought lots of ammo from him for my other guns over the years. I was treated great every time I was there. It is the only place I will use in the future.

went to collectors today to pick up some stuff. in and out quick even though they were busy. pretty efficient there.

good stuff.

Back
Top Bottom