CO: Shooting at Movie Theater in Aurora

That's a lot of money to spend for such a mass shooting with no discernible benefit on any side (other than the potential for more gun control). They're saying this guy lived in the projects, which begs the question: Where did he get all this equipment?

EBT card.[hmmm]

Is CO one of those states where "NO GUNS" signs have legal bearing? If so (and assuming the theater had said sign), I'd love to see the media and police start attacking the theateer's management over the fact that they were complicit in the attack by forcing those who obey the laws to disarm while allowing those who would break the law to do so.

Yes, CO has binding signage and the theater has a no guns policy. A friend of mine lives in the area and knows the theater. In his words, "Aurora is a cesspool of low-class scum, gangs, drugs, and violence." He worked for several years as a paramedic in Atlanta and knows cesspools of low class scum...

Any new laws will depend on if the swing states that are in contention are rural/pro gun or not. Mittens is cooking waffles this morning[laugh]

Funny, Chicago has a gun ban and 40 were shot / 10 killed there on Memorial Day alone. Piers Morgan was silent. Rahm Emanuel said "It's not about crime, it's about values."

So I guess even the Godfather agrees that gun (owner) control is not the answer.

Yes, CO has binding signage and the theater has a no guns policy. A friend of mine lives in the area and knows the theater. In his words, "Aurora is a cesspool of low-class scum, gangs, drugs, and violence." He worked for several years as a paramedic in Atlanta and knows cesspools of low class scum...

legally binding signage is just that - signage. concealed means concealed and if it ever comes out it will have saved your life more than likely so the issue of violating what is printed on a sign is kind of a non-issue at that point since you're still breathing.

it sucks that no one was able to take this nutjob down, period.

Who cares? The only people affected by another 'Assault Weapons Ban', are the sheep who fall in line and obey an unconstitutional law while suckling up to the NRA - thinking that they are still the answer (again)... Anyone who takes any more of this shit gets exactly what they deserve...Period...

also: this.

chris-farley.jpg

Buckle up, Heeeeeere we go!

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0712/78756.html

New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg, who has emerged as one of the nation’s highest-profile supporters of gun control, demanded on Friday that the presidential candidates “stand up and tell us what they’re going to do about” mass shootings.

I read that people in the theater thought the tear gas was a movie stunt. That's so horrible.

I've not seen any confirmations that it was, in fact, tear gas. The cell phone videos of people streaming out of the theater don't look too consistent with people who have been subjected to tear gas (at least from my understanding of its effects).

There is so much speculation going on right now its not even worth listening. I'll tune in again tonight when they MIGHT have a little more verified info.

I read that people in the theater thought the tear gas was a movie stunt. That's so horrible.

Yea people in the adjacent theaters thought the gunshots were also extra special effects

And there isnt anything you can really do to prevent mass shootings....until we get those walk by xray machines like in Total Recall..the original one....plus mass shootings have only been around in the last 100 years right.....i cant imagine a guy in the 1700s telling people to hold still as he reloads his musket saying "hold on, give me a few minutes, i gotta shot another 10 of you"

Last edited:
There were cops in the theater building for crowd control on opening night. Don't know how long this lasted, but they must have had some idea what was happening. The guy was caught in the parking lot.
At Columbine they stood outside and listened to the shots, then stood outside some more while people bled out.

Exactly right the theater bans everyone except LEO's from carrying in all of the chain's locations.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2012/07/robert-farago/cinemark-theaters-no-legal-firearms-allowed/

This is horrible. I was just standing in line at the Honey Dew watching this on their tv.

Thoughts and prayers go out to the victims and their families.

Garys said:
Yes, CO has binding signage and the theater has a no guns policy.
Incorrect.
Do “No Gun Signs” Have the Force of Law?
“NO”

“No Firearm” signs in Colorado have no force of law unless they are posted on property that is specifically mentioned in State Law as being off limits to those with a Permit/License to Carry. If you are in a place not specifically mentioned in the law that is posted and they ask you to leave, you must leave. If you refuse to leave then you are breaking the law and can be charged. Even if the property is not posted and you are asked to leave you must leave. Always be aware of the possibility that responding Police Officers who may have been called without your knowledge and may not know the laws on trespass etc. could arrest you even if you are within the law.

http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/colorado.pdf

Last edited:
so the theatre bans law abiding gun owners from carrying, no one present to stop gunman.......... Every Mass shooting in this country pretty much has occured in gun free zones..... Why cant the Antis put 2 and 2 together

There were cops in the theater building for crowd control on opening night. Don't know how long this lasted, but they must have had some idea what was happening. The guy was caught in the parking lot.
At Columbine they stood outside and listened to the shots, then stood outside some more while people bled out.

Because of Columbine, the response to active shooter incidents has changed a lot. Based on what has been learned about that, VT, and other incidents, many departments now have a policy of the first responding officers engaging the shooter(s) before SWAT shows up. Much as the LAPD did in the North Hollywood shoot out.

- - - Updated - - -

That is planning. As someone else said, these people are nuts, not necessarily stupid. He dressed like a cop, planned his attack to coincide with a shoot out in the movie, and planned a getaway. Seems he didn't plan on the presence of so many officers or their engaging him so quickly.

First, you have a much better chance of getting struck by lightning than being a victim of this kind of tragedy.

I agree. Though, there are many other threats out there. Vicious dog, mugger, bath salt taking, face eating maniac, whatever. I carry to protect me and my family from whatever might come my way.

Even CO still has it on the books with 4-5 current inmates in death row.

NH has it too, but it's never actually used. I know the feds have no qualms about execution.

- - - Updated - - -

we can only hope.... this P.O.S. deserves death

The news said a baby, small child, and teens were victims. I say hand him over to the families.

Buckle up for what exactly?

There is nothing to buckle up for. People just like over reacting.

Also- who thinks that there were people CC'ing in there? This is interesting to me- it's crowded, people are running, panicking- what is to stop someone from acting with a clear line of sight? Is it that the odds of someone CC'ing and having this opportunity is probably nill? By bets are on the fact that NO ONE was carrying in there. Which is why this punk made it as far as he did.

And of course it was a "AK style weapon." Good God. Now I'm going to get shot by Fudds next time I go to the range. [rolleyes]

NH has it too, but it's never actually used. I know the feds have no qualms about execution.

- - - Updated - - -

The news said a baby, small child, and teens were victims. I say hand him over to the families.

that would be true justice.....no punishment, where is Frank Castle when we need him

Some of the theaters I go to here in NH have no firearms signs on them too but concealed means concealed...if I happen to be outed, I would just leave, not create a scene and just never go back to that theater. I love my right to carry too much to jeopardize a scene in which that right might be taken away for good.

If something came up in a theater (or wherever else I might be that was signed) in which I was carrying and I had to use my CC weapon, I would take my chances. I might lose my lose my CCW privileges but hopefully not my life.

While news channel surfing heard a woman on HLN asked a guy about telling what gun it was by the smell.

Well, if you smell poo than it's probably a Glock. [wink]

That guy must not be a Batman fan

What a tragedy [thinking]

Or he couldn't get a ticket.

Someone needs to make an example out this sicko. I am glad that he didn't blow his brains out after the fact like most of these losers do.

signage is not binding here...

I've been watching the news since about 4:00, from what I've seen there's only been 1 "anti" and it was the congressman from Golden.

Interesting tidbit....Aurora (and Denver) have stricter firearm laws than the rest of the state. No open carry and an AWB

Back
Top Bottom