CO: Shooting at Movie Theater in Aurora

One CCW probably would have failed against a rifle-armed and body-armored assailant with the element of surprise on his side. Might even have taken 2 or 3 or more to reduce the slaughter, but in any case it's better than dying like sheep, waiting for the police to come and count the bodies.

You can't say for sure. We don't know the level vest he was wearing, a bullet still hurts like a bastard even with a vest, and he couldn't watch everyone in the theater at the same time. One CCW could have made a difference.

Good grief. This was planned - no law would have stopped this.
This was planned, without a doubt, from entry, execution and exit. It also stinks of conspiracy with the UN vote and gun grabbing justification, but the fact the gunman is alive sort of throws a curveball at that, if he was shot and killed, then conspiracy would really be flagged.
The problem is, the shooting was planned to happen where there would be a low probability of a venue with concealed carry, most of the attendees were probably kids, especially at the hour of the showing.

This does make a good case for carrying 24/7.

I'm off to the gym now with my M&P Shield in a Smartcarry holster under my sweatpants. It really doesn't get in the was when I work out and again, you never know when some nut job wants to make the news.

This was planned, without a doubt, from entry, execution and exit. It also stinks of conspiracy with the UN vote and gun grabbing justification, but the fact the gunman is alive sort of throws a curveball at that, if he was shot and killed, then conspiracy would really be flagged.

I would say that's a stretch, but after reading Ann Coulter's piece on Fast and Furious I'm not so sure.

I would say that's a stretch, but after reading Ann Coulter's piece on Fast and Furious I'm not so sure.
Every conspiracy theory is a stretch, especially when it involves potential government intervention. I agree, it is a stretch, but ideologies wage weird wars.

They are saying he was carrying an "AK type weapon" right now on CNN. I wish to anything holy they would just shoot this prick in the public square. Eye for an Eye.

First, you have a much better chance of getting struck by lightning than being a victim of this kind of tragedy. Second, one only has to look at the recent mass shooting in Norway to see why restricting law abiding citizens' right to arm themselves for self defense has no impact on these kinds of planned mass attacks. I believe that Norway's gun laws are significantly more restrictive than anywhere in the U.S. (no CCW/personal defense licenses for handguns, but instead just hunting/target). I am sure the media will raise these two points...

First, you have a much better chance of getting struck by lightning than being a victim of this kind of tragedy. Second, one only has to look at the recent mass shooting in Norway to see why restricting law abiding citizens' right to arm themselves for self defense has no impact on these kinds of planned mass attacks. I believe that Norway's gun laws are significantly more restrictive than anywhere in the U.S. (no CCW/personal defense licenses for handguns, but instead just hunting/target). I am sure the media will raise these two points...

logic doesnt apply to the Anti's they will use to try an reinstate the AWB federally a move that wouldnt stop anything. They always claim profiling is wrong and yet they profile weapons, they wanna ban semi auto variants because they look like the select fire military variants. This was an entire gas can thrown into the fire.

Got in the car this morning and the radio was on 96.9. Braude was already bleating about how we need to do something about these semi-automatic weapons and these "clips" that can hold "24 or 36 bullets". Yammering on about gun violence and how something should be done but it never will be. He even played an audio clip from a "witness". This "witness" specifically mentioned that it was a semi-automatic and that the shooter didn't even have to stop to reload. Wonder how many times that was rehearsed.

I lived in Aurora as a kid and the gangs were bad then (1988). Bloods, Crips, Stoners, and (I think) Latin Kings. Must be much worse now.

I heard that also [rolleyes] although Margerey did make a good point in saying these type of planned attacks are unavoidable and nothing can be done to really stop them.

Some of the commentators on the article I just read are blaming Rush Limbaugh due to the satire he did about the Black Knight being a conspiracy movie for the liberals.

I happened to be watching Cnn and 30 seconds into his commentary Piers Morgan started talking about gun control. Hi isnt even from this country WTF!!

Wow...just hearing about this now....saw people on fb talking about it....I gotta buy another carry piece, I hate walking around with only a switchblade....and some of my friends wonder why I like to carry.

Steelshooter "Some of the commentators on the article I just read are blaming Rush Limbaugh due to the satire he did about the Black Knight being a conspiracy movie for the liberals."

He did make an ass of himself the other day saying the movie team named the bad guy "Bain" ...to make Mittens look bad....jabba I mean rush didn't know that Bain was from the Batman comics starting years before Lord sir brother mittens became a thought for president.

Last edited:
By the end of today, I fear we all will be hearing renewed calls for a complete ban on anything that launches a projectile, so much for that 155mm howitzer I had my eye on.

While news channel surfing heard a woman on HLN asked a guy about telling what gun it was by the smell.

Sent from my SPH-P100 using Tapatalk 2

It's up to 14 dead and 50 wounded. I'm taking my daughter to Batman today. I think I'll upgrade from the usual M&P Shield that resides in my holster. I'll go with the FS M&P 18+1 capacity. You just never know. And friends ask me why I carry everywhere I go.

Yup I HATE telling people why I carry. It's like come on man, leave me be and at peace of mind in this crazy fu%#&@ world. My heart goes out to the victims and their families. Children killed too?? WTF! [thinking]

A packed movie theater and not one person has a gun? Seriously?

I want a news story about how gun free zones are stupid and cost lives.

How much gun control did we get out of Columbine?

Please keep the hysterics to a minimum.

oh i agree i doubt anything will come out of it, but it will jack up the debate, although to anyone with half a brain this proves the need for more people to carry since no legislation would of stopped this.

- - - Updated - - -

A packed movie theater and not one person has a gun? Seriously?

I want a news story about how gun free zones are stupid and cost lives.

[rofl] you have a better chance of seeing Jesus

My first reaction was that I would expect many armed/CCW in CO, particularly a large gathering. But with more thinking:
- Aurora is giant suburbia, right?
- Midnight movies bring in a different demographic
- Tough to fault someone carrying for deciding to run and not shoot back given the conditions of this massacre
Yikes..my sympathies to the victims and loved ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This guy was wearing a complete set of armor, full apron, groin, shoulder, leg pieces and helmet, similar to what those two guys wore in that LA shootout some years back. Why he was wearing this stuff and he did not engage police is weird. If your going to spend that type of money, suit up and then just throw your hands in the air doesn't make sense. Of course, this type of mentality doesn't make sense.

Back
Top Bottom