• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

CO: Shooting at Movie Theater in Aurora

AURORA, Colo. (AP) – As many as 20 people were injured when shooting erupted around midnight Thursday at a suburban Denver movie theater, police said.

The Aurora, Colo. police dispatch office said that there are fatalities but they don't know how many.
Calls to police about the shooting started coming in about 12:30 a.m. Friday from a mall theater that was showing the Batman movie The Dark Knight Rises, the office said.

One person has been arrested but police did not have any other details.

"The scene is still very active and we have little information for release at this time," police spokeswoman Cassidee Carlson said in a brief news release.

Fox News reporting 14 killed including many children. One suspect with a rifle and handgun. Explosives located outside theater in a vehicle.

Link

It's up to 14 dead and 50 wounded. I'm taking my daughter to Batman today. I think I'll upgrade from the usual M&P Shield that resides in my holster. I'll go with the FS M&P 18+1 capacity. You just never know. And friends ask me why I carry everywhere I go.

My prayers to the families.

My friends and I have been comparing tinfoil hat making skills and wondering if there will be a mass murder to coincide with this whole UN thing. Not funny , I know, but true.

Center of the country , white demographics , helpless moviegoers trying to relax , rifle and pistol , in a state where we all still mourn the atrocities of two other monsters. it is a "perfect storm " for gun control advocates.

For the number of people wounded/killed, I'm betting that rifle was an AR/AK.

Edit: claiming he used an AK, shotgun and two handguns

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Why are they claiming no link to islamic terrorism? My first thought was a screwed up white guy, is there something we should know?

Another nut bag .... Does not help the cause!

Depends on our leadership...

The antis will try to make this an excuse for more laws on the law-abiding (as they even-more-typically do in Europe), but we need representatives with the balls to ask why there was nobody in the theater armed to help stop this whack job.

One CCW probably would have failed against a rifle-armed and body-armored assailant with the element of surprise on his side. Might even have taken 2 or 3 or more to reduce the slaughter, but in any case it's better than dying like sheep, waiting for the police to come and count the bodies.

Last edited:
This does make a good case for carrying 24/7.

I just don't understand the motivation. I reckon that is what makes me 'normal'.

Very sad. Great timing for the election, though. Maybe we won't have to argue about Obama's anti-gun agenda much longer.

One CCW probably would have failed against a rifle-armed and body-armored assailant with the element of surprise on his side.

OTOH-- One armed and motivated citizen might have kept the shooter occupied so that others might escape.

Get ready for the wailing..and the cries for more restrictions..

The sheep only know how to be sheep..

Last edited:
OTOH-- It might have kept the shooter occupied so that could escape.

Get ready for the wailing..and the cries for more restrictions..

The sheep only know how to be sheep..
So true... That one CCW may not have made it out, but s/he would have at least saved some lives. I think it's time they added "church pews and theater rows" to IPSC training!

Shooter is 24 yrs of age, Aurora is a gang tough town, wondering if this is gang related. 15 confirmed slaughtered, this sucks. So little info coming out, the anti's are already on it, Rod Wheeler, former detective was ranting about where could the shooter have gotten such firepower. This is going to backlash all over gun rights.
Pray for those lost and those injured, movie theater, some probably trampled trying to get out .

For the number of people wounded/killed, I'm betting that rifle was an AR/AK.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Rod Wheeler, former detective was ranting about where could the shooter have gotten such firepower.

The news this morning before I left for work said that he was carrying a shotgun. So, I'm guessing that he could have gotten such firepower at Walmart.

Rather than debating calls for greater restrictions, maybe it's time to start demanding a fair trial followed by a
quick and public hanging in cases such as this.

As usual, with no confirmed reports, the type of weapon being spewed from the talking heads ranges from rifle to 20mm mini gun, just heard from NBC it was an AK type.

aw_jeez.jpg

Here we go again. RIGHT before they vote on that damned treaty. This cannot be coincidence when it keeps happening.

Fox-31 said:
A 24-year-old white male is said to have used homemade explosives in the attack. He was arrested with a shotgun, a handgun and a rifle in his possession, and he was wearing a gas mask.

Good grief. This was planned - no law would have stopped this.

dwarven1;2469457 Here we go again. RIGHT before they vote on that damned treaty. This [I said:
cannot [/I]be coincidence when it keeps happening.

Fear not.. History has shown that treatys with the US government can be broken at the whim of said government... ask any Native American..

Back
Top Bottom