CO: Shooting at Movie Theater in Aurora

A packed movie theater and not one person has a gun? Seriously?

I want a news story about how gun free zones are stupid and cost lives.

Is CO one of those states where "NO GUNS" signs have legal bearing? If so (and assuming the theater had said sign), I'd love to see the media and police start attacking the theateer's management over the fact that they were complicit in the attack by forcing those who obey the laws to disarm while allowing those who would break the law to do so.

Having children, I couldn't live with myself not trying to stop him. Out gunned or not, I couldn't stand by while some guy is executing people randomly in front of me.

Is CO one of those states where "NO GUNS" signs have legal bearing? If so (and assuming the theater had said sign), I'd love to see the media and police start attacking the theateer's management over the fact that they were complicit in the attack by forcing those who obey the laws to disarm while allowing those who would break the law to do so.

Absolutely.

This guy was wearing a complete set of armor, full apron, groin, shoulder, leg pieces and helmet, similar to what those two guys wore in that LA shootout some years back. Why he was wearing this stuff and he did not engage police is weird. If your going to spend that type of money, suit up and then just throw your hands in the air doesn't make sense. Of course, this type of mentality doesn't make sense.

unless he was worried about people carrying in the theatre. Thats the only thing i can think of

A packed movie theater and not one person has a gun? Seriously?

I want a news story about how gun free zones are stupid and cost lives.

I was thinking about that on the way in. I am sure there were people carrying. However image the chaos, how many people in the line of fire.

It was black, was there more than one gunman? It had to be a chaotic scene.

Too bad that guy from the internet cafe was not at the movie theater.

Damn right.
crazy-shooting.gif

This guy was wearing a complete set of armor, full apron, groin, shoulder, leg pieces and helmet, similar to what those two guys wore in that LA shootout some years back. Why he was wearing this stuff and he did not engage police is weird. If your going to spend that type of money, suit up and then just throw your hands in the air doesn't make sense. Of course, this type of mentality doesn't make sense.

That's a lot of money to spend for such a mass shooting with no discernible benefit on any side (other than the potential for more gun control). They're saying this guy lived in the projects, which begs the question: Where did he get all this equipment?

Very sad for the folks in Coloroado... The president made a statement did not call for any gun control in it but its proubly to early for that! Jim Broudey is a nut bag.. If I was awake I would have called that ass, and asked him if he read the guy had like 4 guns on him that's why he didn't need to reload.. I would have also mentioned if one or two ccw holders were there the story may have been alot diffrent. And this is a case where we need more armed resposible citizens.. The police can't be there in seconds it takes to do this and people ask why I have such a high percentage of carry...I truley belive that if you have a ltc and are capable of using it with a degree of confidence you should be carrying 90% of the time.
Every time I see a story like this I pray it ends with a ccw holder shooting the basterd and saving lives but there just are not enough of us! As far Rush saying it was a liberal movie ect ect I hope to God that is not why this dumb ass did this but Rush is a big of a nut bag as Jim Braudey

That's a lot of money to spend for such a mass shooting with no discernible benefit on any side (other than the potential for more gun control). They're saying this guy lived in the projects, which begs the question: Where did he get all this equipment?

Eric Holder? [pot]

E
My first reaction was that I would expect many armed/CCW in CO, particularly a large gathering. But with more thinking:
- Aurora is giant suburbia, right?
- Midnight movies bring in a different demographic
- Tough to fault someone carrying for deciding to run and not shoot back given the conditions of this massacre
Yikes..my sympathies to the victims and loved ones.

You make some good points. But you also run into the issue that for all the bad-ass talk on the Internet, most people(everyone here excepted, of course) have no idea how they would react in a situation like this. Would you freeze? Would you think about line of sight and collateral casualties? Could you get a clean shot, and take it? The movie image that you'd just pull your piece and pop the guy in the head (double-tap with perfect symmetry, naturally), or empty clip after clip in the bad guy's direction while diving for cover ignores the reality that most people have never been shot at or even had a gun pointed at them in anger, let alone been caught in a mass shooting. I mean, this is why your DI threw trash cans at your bunk at 4 AM, right?

Last edited:
What concerns me is this guy probably steamed for months/years, leaving evidence of his mental illness but nothing was done. He belonged in a mental hospital on medication just like that Cho guy from Virginia Tech. I hate to say it, but the state mental hospitals weren't a completely bad idea.

What concerns me is this guy probably steamed for months/years, leaving evidence of his mental illness but nothing was done. He belonged in a mental hospital on medication just like that Cho guy from Virginia Tech.

That's probably the case here. Remember that Cho, Loughner, Harris, Klebold, and many other mass shooters all had many people say they knew there was something wrong with them but kept quiet, or were afraid to go to class with that person, etc. After their respective shootings everyone said they were surprised this happened, but then as you started to dig deeper, no one was really surprised and some had even expected it to happene eventually.

I Hope Colorado has the death penalty because this guy needs to get it, and not no 10 years on death row either, im talking the express line to hell

Well, if the way they prosecuted Robyn Anderson after Columbine is any indication, this guy will be free and signing up with the Bradys in less than a week.

Were going to get hit hard by antis from this.....

Who cares? The only people affected by another 'Assault Weapons Ban', are the sheep who fall in line and obey an unconstitutional law while suckling up to the NRA - thinking that they are still the answer (again)... Anyone who takes any more of this shit gets exactly what they deserve...Period...

Food stamps and drawing cash off his EBT card.

Back
Top Bottom