• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

CMP wait time...

Hey Mac,
I see what you mean about the "plastic" finish of the new stock. My HRA SG from last month had new wood but the finish wasn't like yours. My HRA was produced in 1954 and has the same finish as your metal. I'm curious to see a better picture of the rough tooling marks on the receiver. I wish I could help point you in the right direction with the binding issue from the tilt test, but my guess would be something to do with the upper handguard or new stock since mine seemed pretty tight in that area.
Overall nice rifle. Enjoy!

I don't think I can get a good enough picture of the reciever to show the marks. This is a non issue for me......I'm more peeved about yet another boyds stock that I need to refit and in the process will need to refinished...this will be the 3rd stock from boyds that came with finished applied that I needed to remove wood and either match stain or strip.

I hope you get a good one. My ammo order is scheduled for Wednesday delivery. I'm waiting to see how they price the IHC's. I might have to order one if they price them like I think.

I'd like to score an ihc myself... And I did pretty well my h and r was typical mixmaster but the Springfield seems to be all original except a new cmp stock...:-D

I just ordered some of the 223 linked SAW ammo and some more HXP. Lets see how long that takes. Usually the special whatever they are selling ships pretty quick.

Just under two weeks from order to delivery. I got mine today even though FedEx said it would be tomorrow. The driver told me they are stepping up everything so they don't get caught up in the holiday rush. He said he has to burn an hour and a half between his last delivery and his first pickup because he is too far ahead.

Back
Top Bottom