CMP wait time...

Just mailed in my order (first time BTW) for a Service grade Springfeild M1.
Want to take bets on how long it takes?

Actually pretty excited about this purchase, my dad had one that he traded and always regretted it.

rifle orders seem to be getting out pretty quick.....check out cmp forums they have a section on wait times/orders. Last I read was like 23 days from the confirmation email that they recieved order. poster claimed 9 days from mailing order to getting confirmation.......so 32 days?

just to say.....my first was mailed in jan 2 and recieved july 3 my 2nd was ordered feb 5th and recieved june 1 a few years ago. some stuff takes longer than others...bayonets where on long wait for a while. Depends on demand.

I mailed mine on monday! I'm thinking by the end of september we will both be proud cmp m1 owners :)

Sent from my Droid Charge using Forum Runner

Keep me updated on the progress of yours and I'll do the same. Perhaps a range day when the both arrive? (I'm in central Ma also)

Well they charged my account for my order, so hopefully it will be sent out soon! Im eagerly awaiting my order update!

Sent from my Droid Charge using Forum Runner

Cmp ammo orders are at 2ish weeks....I think the cmp no charges orders as they are processed. I know it used to be on or close to ship date. .my last m1 was billed several weeks before it arrived...

CMP SA service grade:
12/42 receiver
12/55 barrel 1+/2+
SA Bolt, all else is HRA

Mailed: 12/15/11
Processed: 12/21/11
Shipped: 1/10/12
Received: 1/11/12

27 days start to finish; 21 from processing.

015-1.jpg

MS

Just got an email with a tracking number. Will be here tomorrow by 10:30. That's a total of 19 days....
I didn't think anything moved that fast. I'll post pics if ya want.

Last edited:
Crappy cell phone pics

Attachments

• m1.jpg
    m1.jpg
    205.1 KB · Views: 51
  • m1b.jpg
    m1b.jpg
    209.5 KB · Views: 57
  • m1c.jpg
    m1c.jpg
    226.8 KB · Views: 50
Looking for a little advice regarding the stock on my M1. The stock is apparently brand new and excellent condition, but the wood is raw, no finish on it at all. Should it left as is or wiped down with some sort of oil (someone suggested butchers wax).

Personally, I wouldn't use butchers wax. I use it when I want the surface to be almost slippery. An oil will soak in and protect without giving you a slippery finish. Haven't applied oil to a stock before but tung oil should work as should things like linseed oil or lemon oil. Check around for oil finishes to see what folks are using. That would be my bet.

Looking for a little advice regarding the stock on my M1. The stock is apparently brand new and excellent condition, but the wood is raw, no finish on it at all. Should it left as is or wiped down with some sort of oil (someone suggested butchers wax).

Toms 1/3 mix.

I took mine completely appart. Cleaned it.
For the stock, I used Tru-oil gun stock finish...Mulitple wipes. Then after a few days, I used Gun Stock Wax to give it a nice finish and protect the wood.

Back
Top Bottom