CMP Bonanza!

CMP is releasing hundreds of Military .22's and bolt action rifles. Looks like they are cleaning out the warehouse. They have also limited purchases to 1 rifle per model per person. Probably the last chance to get a vintage military 22 from the CMP.

looks like some good deals, most are in store only and most likely will be sold out soon. I recently checked out 2 mossy M44 that the gent refinished hes asking 550 ea.
Also was asking 500 for a 513T, I passed on all.

Last edited:
I overnighted for a Service Grade M1917, and they received it Saturday morning at 10AM. I hope I don't get penalized for getting there too early, as with only 216 of them, any thing going against me is a likely disqualifier.

On the bright side, if I didn't get it, I won't have to break it to the wife.

Not sure if this is needing a FFL for transfer or not.
The rifles that require an FFL are labeled so on the site, like the new production target .22's. Otherwise, it's FedExed overnight to your front door. If you're from MA, I believe you still have to complete an FA-10.

I saw the email Friday. I was out of town and didn't have access to all my paperwork. Scrambled on Saturday morning to get everything together and managed to get an Express Mail envelope out with an order for a Mossberg and an A3. Hope I get them, not too worried though as when they were doing the carbine releases I got what I wanted each time.

I overnighted for a Service Grade M1917, and they received it Saturday morning at 10AM. I hope I don't get penalized for getting there too early, as with only 216 of them, any thing going against me is a likely disqualifier.

On the bright side, if I didn't get it, I won't have to break it to the wife.

2 choices: One, bring it in over a week or two, in pieces, and it will magically "appear" in the safe: "Gee honey, I left the door shut and they ...you know....multiplied! or
Say, "Happy Anniversary [birthday, Guy Fawkes day] or whatever is appropriate. If she doesn't want it, it's yours!

[laugh]

2 choices: One, bring it in over a week or two, in pieces, and it will magically "appear" in the safe: "Gee honey, I left the door shut and they ...you know....multiplied! or
Say, "Happy Anniversary [birthday, Guy Fawkes day] or whatever is appropriate. If she doesn't want it, it's yours!

[laugh]
I see you've done this before.

So since I'm impatient as a child waiting for Santa, I was wondering if has anyone besides 50BMG gotten a confirmation email regarding their order yet.

This thing is like a lottery with decent odds, and the anticipation is killing me.

Got the email from C.M.P. sold out of Mossberg m144 and Rock I. 1903. Didn't make the cut. But I did get a Rem 22
and I add a HAR m1 to my order. To make me feel a little better. Still a happy camper.

Still havent heard a peep...no email, phone call, or e-store entry. I'm kinda resigned to the fact I'm SOL, but hey, we'll see.

Back
Top Bottom