• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Class A

Complete noob on here, first post. Just went yesterday and dropped off my application and met with the officer regarding my class a in Westport. Here's to hoping it doesnt take too long to come back

Welcome to the forum! [wave]

I take it this is your first license. Did Westport ask you for three letters of reference? Last time I heard that was their policy. On the bright side, you should get LTC-A, no restrictions.

I am currently looking at a ruger sr9 or glock 19. And Westport does still require 3 letters of reference which were no problem to obtain

Congrats and welcome. I hope your LTC comes in quickly

I have the SR9C and have really started to enjoy shooting it. Its lighter than some of my other 9mm's and thus it was a little less forgiving when my grip and trigger pull is off but its got a nice trigger and I like that it has two type of mags (regular and an extended length).

I am currently looking at a ruger sr9 or glock 19. And Westport does still require 3 letters of reference which were no problem to obtain

I've got an SR9 and LOVE IT! IDK how much a glock 19 goes for in MA, but the SR9 is affordable and a great, reliable firearm. It was my first purchase also, there are tons of reviews on it on YouTube and Hicok45 does a great one!

I got to handle the sr9 during my safety course and loved how it felt in my hands, haven't gotten a chance to fire one yet though so that could all change

I have a Ruger Sr9c as well as the Ruger LC9 which I carry, both are great guns. Easy to maintain and relatively inexpensive. The SR9 may be slightly difficult to conceal compared to it's little cousin, the LC9.

The decision to carry is not to be taken lightly. It is, however, just a tool. And all it does is give you one more option in the gravest of all circumstances. Your hesitation will give way to acceptance of the responsibility, and trusting yourself to do the right thing and act morally and lawfully.

When purchasing a firearm in mass, do you need to register it when buying it?

If you're buying from a dealer the "transaction" will be registered by the dealer at the time of sale. If you buy from a private party an FA10 form must be filed within 7 days. Technically, MA doesn't register guns, just "transactions."

Back
Top Bottom