• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Maine Cancels AR Gun Cleaning Class

Surprised Maine doesn't have 10-round mag limits and AR/AK bans yet. Isn't it a blue state?

Surprised Maine doesn't have 10-round mag limits and AR/AK bans yet. Isn't it a blue state?

Maine’s a complicated purple. They’re constitutional carry, but clearly have blue leanings in a lot of ways. Mainers generally elect long time/full time Maine residents and don’t like carpet baggers. And to be a long time/full time Maine resident, you have to be kind of hardy, so even some of the democrats outside of the southeast coast are gun agnostic rather than anti-gun.

Likely a great class since there will also be some safe handling instructions in there aso.
In non-tyrannical states most gun safety is handed down so quality of knowledge is highly varied.

AR cleaning class? Are people with IQ above their shoe size allowed to attend?
After buying my first AR a few years ago, I took a general class on the AR to better familiarize myself with it. As part of the class, they had us doing a basic break down of the gun, including basic disassembly of the BCG, and reassembly...all while blindfolded. And they had us repeat it a few times to make sure we retained what we learned. It was extremely helpful.

Frank

Left wing lunacy is alive in well in Maine. Family and I went up to Kittery to see Stalekracker at KTP. Visited a well known BBQ place after we chowed on some crawfish. Joint had gay rainbow flags, “trans welcome here signs”, and the whole 9 yards. I have to admit the BBQ was amazing, especially the brisket.

Left wing lunacy is alive in well in Maine. Family and I went up to Kittery to see Stalekracker at KTP. Visited a well known BBQ place after we chowed on some crawfish. Joint had gay rainbow flags, “trans welcome here signs”, and the whole 9 yards. I have to admit the BBQ was amazing, especially the brisket.
WTF did you expect you’d see in Northern Massachusetts?

Yeah, Maine has goine to hell. Any Mainers saying otherwise are in denial. I love the way they blame the people from away after selling land to them out of greed. Look in the mirror people. I do feel somewhat badly for many people in western Maine. Lots of Trump supporters there but I don't know if any of those people were part of the cause of their plight (selling to mass libs). Quite possible.

Yeah, Maine has goine to hell. Any Mainers saying otherwise are in denial. I love the way they blame the people from away after selling land to them out of greed. Look in the mirror people. I do feel somewhat badly for many people in western Maine. Lots of Trump supporters there but I don't know if any of those people were part of the cause of their plight (selling to mass libs). Quite possible.
Western Maine has gone to shit. MA money buying homes and land left and right. I have land and a place up there, but I think we all know why the owner was willing to sell to a flatlander like myself (we share the same views). The political differences between S Maine and W Maine or N Maine are like two different worlds. It's always funny to see the snowbirds get scared in the gas station when someone open carrying comes in to buy beer 🤣

Western Maine has gone to shit. MA money buying homes and land left and right. I have land and a place up there, but I think we all know why the owner was willing to sell to a flatlander like myself (we share the same views). The political differences between S Maine and W Maine or N Maine are like two different worlds. It's always funny to see the snowbirds get scared in the gas station when someone open carrying comes in to buy beer 🤣
When you’ve never been above Discusta it shows however that middle section is still fair territory.
If you’ve only driven 3 hours from Boston it ain’t Maine. W Maine is not for me. I’m so happy I didn’t buy near there because I was very close to doing so in 95.
A tiny 1 line listing from a one man real estate company in the phone book saved me and landed me here. image.jpg

"The Maine Department of Inland Fisheries and Wildlife has held classes for at least three years on how to maintain and safely use different types of guns used in hunting, said Mark Latti, the department’s communications director, on Wednesday.

He cited a state law that mandates the department to offer education on guns and gun safet
y."

While I think singling out the AR-15 platform is stupid, I'm not sure how much I am a fan of a law mandating that the state must offer education on guns and gun safety. If MA tried to pass a law mandating the State offer gun safety education I imagine there would be many here opposed to that. Just a thought.

"The Maine Department of Inland Fisheries and Wildlife has held classes for at least three years on how to maintain and safely use different types of guns used in hunting, said Mark Latti, the department’s communications director, on Wednesday.

He cited a state law that mandates the department to offer education on guns and gun safet
y."

While I think singling out the AR-15 platform is stupid, I'm not sure how much I am a fan of a law mandating that the state must offer education on guns and gun safety. If MA tried to pass a law mandating the State offer gun safety education I imagine there would be many here opposed to that. Just a thought.
That is a northeastern viewpoint

Down here in ga we have state sponsored ranges with paid rso's and training classes

just a couple of gun loving old timers who hang out for the day

Normalizing gun culture and gun saftey is a positive for the community

Lessens the stigma

And honestly

Would you rather state funds house illegals or teach gun classes

You guys clean your guns?
Occasionally, but not religiously. When I was young, single and could shoot 3 times a week (even at minimum wage, ammo was fairly cheap back then) I would clean them every time after shooting them.
That is a northeastern viewpoint

Down here in ga we have state sponsored ranges with paid rso's and training classes

just a couple of gun loving old timers who hang out for the day

Normalizing gun culture and gun saftey is a positive for the community

Lessens the stigma

And honestly

Would you rather state funds house illegals or teach gun classes
Hmm, GA would be closer to family in FL. Now, if you could just get rid of the heat and humidity, I might consider it. If not, back to AZ some day.

Occasionally, but not religiously. When I was young, single and could shoot 3 times a week (even at minimum wage, ammo was fairly cheap back then) I would clean them every time after shooting them.

Hmm, GA would be closer to family in FL. Now, if you could just get rid of the heat and humidity, I might consider it. If not, back to AZ some day.
Haha...the public florida ranges are like un supervised bullet holes literally everywhere

When you’ve never been above Discusta it shows however that middle section is still fair territory.
If you’ve only driven 3 hours from Boston it ain’t Maine. W Maine is not for me. I’m so happy I didn’t buy near there because I was very close to doing so in 95.
A tiny 1 line listing from a one man real estate company in the phone book saved me and landed me here.View attachment 843804
Everyone that lives in Maine has the same opinion. Wherever they live and north is the real Maine and everything south is practically Massachusetts.

the state's required to offer them. Nobody said you HAD to take them

Everyone that lives in Maine has the same opinion. Wherever they live and north is the real Maine and everything south is practically Massachusetts.
Very true. Doesn't matter if you live in Kennebunk or Estcourt Station: everybody South of you lives in Northern MA.

I've been hearing that shit for the last 30 years.

Back
Top Bottom