• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Church Carry?

Been trying to find a definitive answer in regards to carrying in church but with no luck. Can you conceal carry in church in Mass?
thanks

Yes. You will not find a list of what you can do in MGL, just what is prohibited. If you doubt that, look for the passage that says you can wear a green shirt while walking your dog.

One thing that you might want to look out for is some Churches,are on school property.The parking will also be on school property.Also some Churches are registered as schools.

Yes you can carry in a church as there is no law prohibiting it.

One thing that you might want to look out for is some Churches,are on school property.The parking will also be on school property.Also some Churches are registered as schools.

^ This. The church my wife and I used to attend also ran a daycare during the week. It was a nice source of extra revenue for the church. The Daycare was setup as a separate organization completely independent of the church and was considered a school. i don't believe the church property was considered a school zone but it wouldn't take much for a zealous prosecutor to make the connection and press charges.

^ This. The church my wife and I used to attend also ran a daycare during the week. It was a nice source of extra revenue for the church. The Daycare was setup as a separate organization completely independent of the church and was considered a school. i don't believe the church property was considered a school zone but it wouldn't take much for a zealous prosecutor to make the connection and press charges.

I thought daycare facilities weren't considered schools by MA law.

I have posted this before, but will again to answer the OP's question.

I have a special gun just for church. I call it my "Sunday go to church gun". It is my nicest 1911, because I am pretty sure if God carried, it would be a 1911. [grin]

I know several other guys carry as well. We kinda smile at each other when it is time to wish others peace. " Peace be with you"... "Piece be with you"
Years ago, my daughter saw me getting ready for church and asked " Dad, you carry to church?" I replied " Especially to church"

I recognize that the likelihood someone will decide to shoot up our church is incredibly low, but the world is a crazy place, and if someone decides they are going to make a statement by trying to massacre a congregation for whatever reason, be it a religious thing or revenge, or whatever, I have 25 rounds of Hornady .45 acp with me to help them on their quest to meet 70 virgins or go to Valhalla, whatever they believe is their reward in the afterlife. I will not discriminate based on race,religion or sexual orientation.

I have posted this before, but will again to answer the OP's question.

I have a special gun just for church. I call it my "Sunday go to church gun". It is my nicest 1911, because I am pretty sure if God carried, it would be a 1911. [grin]

I know several other guys carry as well. We kinda smile at each other when it is time to wish others peace. " Peace be with you"... "Piece be with you"
Years ago, my daughter saw me getting ready for church and asked " Dad, you carry to church?" I replied " Especially to church"

I recognize that the likelihood someone will decide to shoot up our church is incredibly low, but the world is a crazy place, and if someone decides they are going to make a statement by trying to massacre a congregation for whatever reason, be it a religious thing or revenge, or whatever, I have 25 rounds of Hornady .45 acp with me to help them on their quest to meet 70 virgins or go to Valhalla, whatever they believe is their reward in the afterlife. I will not discriminate based on race,religion or sexual orientation.

A church is not only a likely target, I think there will be few people carrying in church.

Curious, if you're carrying in church does it help with staying awake?

- - - Updated - - -

I think it was because it also included Kindergarten.

A lot of daycares will take kindergarteners, does that make them all schools?

In my last church, my Pastor not only knew I carried, but he carried a J-frame revolver on his ankle. In my new church, I still carry- like another poster said "Especially on Sunday".

Ever hear of Jeanne Assam?
http://www.denverpost.com/2007/12/10/guards-hands-didnt-even-shake-as-she-shot-gunman/

I started carrying in a shoulder holster at the mosque - especially after what went down in canada. I highly recomend, if you have the space and its allowed, to set up 5-6 torso sized targets overlapping eachother at different distances. Mark all but 2 of them as civilians. What you need to do is move around and look for openings and then fire your weapon. It is highly important that you learn how to track your trajectories to avoid civilian casualties and it can be applied in every situation where people are very close. I got the idea from this video by Vickers Tactical where he got to train with a Russian counter terrorist unit.

Here: https://youtu.be/rI01qKAqYts

Also, if you don't have the space to do it, get yourself a good air pistol and do it in your backyard. Get one that is magazine fed and uses pellets.

I think everyone should carry in church. Got to keep those pervert priests away from the kids. Oh that's right, that was just a few isolated incidents. And thanks to the Cardinal the rapists were relocated, so never mind. No need to carry in church.

A church is not only a likely target, I think there will be few people carrying in church.

Curious, if you're carrying in church does it help with staying awake?

Like I said, I know a couple of other guys that I see in church regularly carry. One guy carries a G19 - IWB and a back up in an ankle holster. Whoa be unto ye who enter with ill intent.
Church has changed. It is not the snore fest it used to be. A decent pastor talks about current events and tried to relate them to your faith. I don't pretend to be super religious, and I wrestle with faith and temptation as much, or maybe more than most. I don't attend church as often as my wife would like, but to our family, church is more about the community than anything else.

No, somehow I had never heard about that. Thank you.

Concealed means concealed.
Better to be judged by 12 than (you or a family member) carried by 6.
Pretty much sums it up.

I read a story once (Yeah, vague, I know) about a guy (a cop I think...) who DIDN'T carry in church one day. There was supposedly a shooting and he was only able to cover his son with his body and "wait to die". I know, anecdotal, but no way I'm gonna be that guy.

Before the year 2000 and it was required an old mass blue law MGL chapter 129 section 35 All men must carry a rifle to church on Sunday. ... (Repealed in 2000).

That law came into effect when this state was all about freedom now it's all about power and control.

Actually, no. It was about the government (meaning the Church (the Congregational church was the more-modern descendant), at that time) mandating that you come to Church. And that you were prepared, at least in terms of equipment, to defend the community.

This is the origin of the no hunting on Sundays in Mass.... You were supposed to be in Church, not in the woods.

Oh, and if you were a heretic (Baptist, Quaker, etc.) you still has to pay the official Church your taxes.

Not so much freedom.

IIRC, at one time, in Switzerland, you could not vote in a Town Meeting, unless you held up your sword, crossbow, or whatever, when you voted for, or against, an issue.

FFS, why is this a question?

As much as we bitch, once we get an unneutered LTC, we're in a pretty good state when it comes to can't carry: fed buildings, court, school. I don't know anywhere that that isn't the case, but plenty of places have much harsher restrictions. Someone posts a no gun sign? Tough, I didn't read it and don't care. Going to a bar? So what, I just can't be drunk (this is super vauge, but at least you can carry). Going to church? Carry is ok. At the park? Carry is ok.

Everywhere has its ups and downs. I personally prefer to be able to have my MA approved gun just about everywhere than have to worry about stupid Texas signage.

Also, as someone who works in a nonpermissive environment, no one thinks "gun". Concealed is concealed.

I have 25 rounds of Hornady .45 acp with me to help them on their quest to meet 70 virgins or go to Valhalla, whatever they believe is their reward in the afterlife.

Yeah, You don't have to worry about Pagans attacking your church service. There is no afterlife in paganism. Divination occurs in physical life when the person has become honorable through good deeds and eliminating degenerate shitty behavior. Such divination can be passed to the persons next lives from what I understand of it. That is basically what Valhalla is. This why you never see pagans randomly attacking people.

This is the origin of the no hunting on Sundays in Mass.... You were supposed to be in Church, not in the woods.
Same reason for laws that still exist restricting or limiting alcohol sales on Sunday.

Back
Top Bottom