• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Church Carry?

The last vestiges of the "Blue Laws". Which were in full force and effect until the mid 1970s. No retail sales, no retail alcohol sales, no hunting. Sunday was a dead day as far as doing anything was concerned. I think it was around 1977 when stores were first allowed to open on Sundays, but only during the Christmas shopping season and only if the local police chief approved. That was followed by what is still the current situation with liquor sales. I think it's only after 11:00 AM that they can do that, maybe noon. I don't know if that still requires police chief approval or not.

Hunting on Sunday falls into the same silly theory. As someone noted in a different thread, for some people Sunday is the only day they are off and can go hunting. If it didn't involve evil guns, I'm sure that the ACLU would be all over it. After all, the "Sabbath" is on Saturday for Jews, and Friday for Muslims.

Same reason for laws that still exist restricting or limiting alcohol sales on Sunday.

The last vestiges of the "Blue Laws". Which were in full force and effect until the mid 1970s.
They are still in partial effect - Sunday hunting regs; liquor store regs; hourly wage regulations for Sunday work.

I remember non-essential stores, shopping malls, etc. being closed on Sunday back in 1981.
I think it's only after 11:00 AM that they can do that, maybe noon.
No fair buying alcohol during the hours of the officially sanctioned church services. Why not close on Wed eve in honor of the Pastafarian spaghetti dinners?

Ooops. just checked -

[FONT=&quot]Friday is the Sabbath of His Noodleynes. But it isn't celebrated by going to church or anything, Its celebrated in the most bad-ass way, drinking and relaxing,That's it. "the Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath" - SM, Piratical 9:5[/FONT]

Last edited:
The regulations for pay on Sundays came in when stores were allowed to open pretty much without restriction. It was in response to some sort of concern that employers would force employees to work on Sundays. No, it doesn't make much sense, but there it is.

They are still in partial effect - Sunday hunting regs; liquor store regs; hourly wage regulations for Sunday work.

I remember non-essential stores, shopping malls, etc. being closed on Sunday back in 1981.

No fair buying alcohol during the hours of the officially sanctioned church services. Why not close on Wed eve in honor of the Pastafarian spaghetti dinners?

Ooops. just checked -

I have always carried "faithfully" at church. My place of worship is a growing, community of Christian believers, and there fore, I believe, could be a legitimate target. I do not carry figuring I'll save the day, rather just as hope for safe retreat. Of the places I frequent, church to me seems one of the only even remotely plausible locations where I may need discharge my fire arm amongst the general population. For me church carry challenged my caliber, and weapon choice for my edc, but I'm one who believes edc is a lifestyle choice. Also remember concealed means concealed.

Not only do I carry to church I carry to all soft targets I go to. Nursing home to visit my mother in law, grocery store, any store, any time I'm going to be around a bunch of people. I'm more likely not to carry when I'm alone or going somewhere where there will be few people.

Yeah, You don't have to worry about Pagans attacking your church service. There is no afterlife in paganism. Divination occurs in physical life when the person has become honorable through good deeds and eliminating degenerate shitty behavior. Such divination can be passed to the persons next lives from what I understand of it. That is basically what Valhalla is. This why you never see pagans randomly attacking people.
Really? Were the vikings not pagans?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Viking attacks werent random, or terrorism related. It was for profit and pillage. Viable reasons.
Some of the accounts from the time seem to indicate religiously motivated terrorism. The chroniclers were Christian so biased that way, but you see terrorism of some sort when virtually any religions clash so it makes sense

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

LOL.... church carry.... ? There's like maybe two, three? states that regulate that at all... , and they ain't anywhere near MA. There is no state in new england that bans church carry.

Cwithe. [rofl]

-Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL.... church carry.... ? There's like maybe two, three? states that regulate that at all... , and they ain't anywhere near MA. There is no state in new england that bans church carry.
UT makes the psedo-theoacracy in MA look like amateur hour. Churches in UT can ban carry (under force of law) for all except those they designate as special.

There was so much BS bad info in this thread that it gives me a headache.

drgrant said it best. Churches are NOT off-limits in MA. KinderCare, kindergartens, nursery schools, etc. aren't off limits either.

A lot of you could benefit from taking my MA Gun Law Seminar rather than spouting off rubbish as "law".

There was a time that ammo was so scarce, I thought about dropping a box of high velocity 22 lr in the offering plate. But like I said, I am not that religious.

retired state cops, local cops, the worship team, we all carry
I am trying to get the pastor to authorize the building of a indoor range in the basement but the kindergarten would have to move

I despise organized religion and I carried when I went for a service for my best friend 8 years ago. Was the last time I went into a church.

I despise organized religion and I carried when I went for a service for my best friend 8 years ago. Was the last time I went into a church.
I only go to churches when respecting the ceremonies of friends (weddings, funerals, etc.). I expect some of my church going friends will return the favor when they get invited to my funeral at the gun club. (Hint: If you are invited to my house afterwards, accept ... it probably means you get a free gun).

An atheist friend once announced he would not be caught dead in a church. When he died, his parents wanted a church funeral .... but apparently out of respect for the deceased, left the hearse with the casket parked out front during the service.

I only go to churches when respecting the ceremonies of friends (weddings, funerals, etc.). I expect some of my church going friends will return the favor when they get invited to my funeral at the gun club. (Hint: If you are invited to my house afterwards, accept ... it probably means you get a free gun).

An atheist friend once announced he would not be caught dead in a church. When he died, his parents wanted a church funeral .... but apparently out of respect for the deceased, left the hearse with the casket parked out front during the service.

I am getting cremated and a party afterwards is up to my best friend, no church involved.

There was so much BS bad info in this thread that it gives me a headache.

drgrant said it best. Churches are NOT off-limits in MA. KinderCare, kindergartens, nursery schools, etc. aren't off limits either.

A lot of you could benefit from taking my MA Gun Law Seminar rather than spouting off rubbish as "law".

I understand that,but what happens when the Church is registered as a school, or is part of the school property?

Carry all the time in church, along with multiple other guys up here. We just went shooting after a men's breakfast yesterday. Gotta protect the people in one of the most hated groups out there.

I understand that,but what happens when the Church is registered as a school, or is part of the school property?

What is "registered as a school"? Is that some sort of legal term?

Something is a school or it isn't. If you read MGL definition of a "school" wrt gun laws it covers ONLY primary, secondary and college level schools. Religious "after school programs" don't count. As a kid I went to Hebrew School in a Synagogue and some friends took Catechism at their Catholic Church. Neither make it a "school" where guns are prohibited per MGL.

Even if a church also has a school (primary or secondary), I've never seen one with the school in the sanctuary, it's always been a separate building. Did I miss something? That separate building that taught grades 1-12 would be off-limits, but the sanctuary would not be off-limits.

People get hung up all the time over child care centers, KinderCare, nursery schools, kindergartens, etc. Unless they are co-located in a building that teaches grades 1-12, they don't meet the MA definition of a prohibited place.

What is "registered as a school"? Is that some sort of legal term?

Something is a school or it isn't. If you read MGL definition of a "school" wrt gun laws it covers ONLY primary, secondary and college level schools. Religious "after school programs" don't count. As a kid I went to Hebrew School in a Synagogue and some friends took Catechism at their Catholic Church. Neither make it a "school" where guns are prohibited per MGL.

Even if a church also has a school (primary or secondary), I've never seen one with the school in the sanctuary, it's always been a separate building. Did I miss something? That separate building that taught grades 1-12 would be off-limits, but the sanctuary would not be off-limits.

People get hung up all the time over child care centers, KinderCare, nursery schools, kindergartens, etc. Unless they are co-located in a building that teaches grades 1-12, they don't meet the MA definition of a prohibited place.

I used to attend a church that shared the same building with its Christian day school. The school used the sanctuary for chapel, assemblies, and music classes. How does MA law affect CC in that case.

Growing up Catholic, I can confidently say that some Catholic schools (legitimate K-12 type private schools, not CCD or whatever) are physically attached to the sanctuary. Some do have the school in a separate building as well. I can think of specific examples of both. Also, isn't it not just school buildings, but school grounds that you can't carry? What defines "school grounds" in these situations?

I went to Catholic school, St. Catherine's in Norwood, and the church/parish consisted of a school grades 1-8 so I assume the church was on school grounds.

Back
Top Bottom