Chick-Fil-A

Never been impressed with their chickumz. Just not seasoned to my liking. I WANT to like this restaurant, but have yet to enjoy it.

Never been impressed with their chickumz. Just not seasoned to my liking. I WANT to like this restaurant, but have yet to enjoy it.

It's all about the spicy chicken sammich, add American cheese. There is one like 300 yards from my hotel, I am probably having dinner there tonight.

That's in Dedham. There's also one in Framingham and one on Route 9 in Westboro. I hoped they'd put one in Stoughton, but we got a friggin' Sonic instead. :(
My wife hates fast food places, but she like Chik Fil A.

There is one upstairs at Mohegan Sun . . . we walked up there but our friends vetoed the idea of eating there.

There is on just beyond Lowes in Dedham heading to Boston on what used to be US-1. It's either in Boston or just shy of the Boston/Dedham line.

Love CFA. I used to go a few times a week for lunch but I don't really eat out for lunch anymore nowadays. Occasionally might go there for a snack (fries or milkshake) or wknd lunch. They have "Military Appreciation Night" this Wed where all active duty military and those who served honorably and their immediate family get a meal for free. Always great food, always great customer service, always a good time going there.
Wish it was in nh.

I have it on good authority, that the operator of the Worcester location, is a bronze star recipient. Feel free to head on in to gold star boulevard location, knowing your hard earned money is going to a good home.

I want to support this, but just can’t. Slow service, not cheap, mediocre at best food. I’ve only eaten at the Dedham one, my wife and I waited over 30 minutes for some regular ‘ol soggy ass chicken. Paid too much for it too. It was more than 6 months after the opening, so that’s not a factor.

My Mother and Father in law (both Marines) used to go to Applebees with their CVMA group every year. Now it’s Texas road house. Both those establishments have been giving free meals to Vets every Veterans day for a long while.
If you want a permanently empty seat for feels, Robert Kraft had one put in Gillette stadium a few years back. Something tells me most of you don’t give a damn though.

Edit-just to be clear, I support what they’re doing. I just can’t fall in line because I had a bad experience. Maybe we’ll give them another chance. I just can’t love a fast food chain simply because they fit the conservative mold. YMMV

Last edited:
I don't LOVE Chick-Fil-A, but the four or five times I've been there the service was quick (or no worse than any other fast food joint) and the food was a good bit tastier than McD's, except for one of my first visits where I got take out chicken tenders and did not realize you had to explicitly order dipping sauce.

As a plus, I've never had ANY difficulty there having my English understood. I didn't have to speak louder or anything.

Another vote for Popeyes... spicy!

iu

But I also enjoy Chick-Fil-A!
Popeye is a Navy Vet!

iu

Last edited:
The food is sub-par but I like the stand they take so I suffer occasionally with their chicken.

I like it there. To me, the food actually tastes like real food, not the processed shit from other places. It is actually a place I can sit and enjoy being there.

A while back, they had a basket of little green army men, the note said to take one and put it someplace you'll see it, so that you'd be reminded to pray for our soldiers overseas. We did, and it started some really great dinner conversations with the kids.

You're the only person I've ever heard complain about any of this. I've eaten at the MA stores in Westboro, Framingham, Burlington, and Dedham. I was in Westboro the day it happened, while it was packed, the service was excellent. I've also eaten at any number of them in the south, again with excellent service.

The food is at least two steps above other fast food places. The service is about five steps above other fast food place.

The people who hate CFA generally do so because they think it's an anti gay company. It's not. The founder is however a devout Christian. Which is why they are closed on Sundays. The only exception was during a recent hurricane down south when they opened and supplied food to emergency crews.

I want to support this, but just can’t. Slow service, not cheap, mediocre at best food. I’ve only eaten at the Dedham one, my wife and I waited over 30 minutes for some regular ‘ol soggy ass chicken. Paid too much for it too. It was more than 6 months after the opening, so that’s not a factor.

My Mother and Father in law (both Marines) used to go to Applebees with their CVMA group every year. Now it’s Texas road house. Both those establishments have been giving free meals to Vets every Veterans day for a long while.
If you want a permanently empty seat for feels, Robert Kraft had one put in Gillette stadium a few years back. Something tells me most of you don’t give a damn though.

Edit-just to be clear, I support what they’re doing. I just can’t fall in line because I had a bad experience. Maybe we’ll give them another chance. I just can’t love a fast food chain simply because they fit the conservative mold. YMMV

You're the only person I've ever heard complain about any of this. I've eaten at the MA stores in Westboro, Framingham, Burlington, and Dedham. I was in Westboro the day it happened, while it was packed, the service was excellent. I've also eaten at any number of them in the south, again with excellent service.

The food is at least two steps above other fast food places. The service is about five steps above other fast food place.

The people who hate CFA generally do so because they think it's an anti gay company. It's not. The founder is however a devout Christian. Which is why they are closed on Sundays. The only exception was during a recent hurricane down south when they opened and supplied food to emergency crews.

I can only base my opinion on my experience.
Mediocre food, slow service.
The place is always packed, I drive by it frequently. I don’t think they’re going to miss me.
I don’t hate it by any stretch, just wont be back.

I have it on good authority, that the operator of the Worcester location, is a bronze star recipient. Feel free to head on in to gold star boulevard location, knowing your hard earned money is going to a good home.

He’s a good man-sits near me at church, great family and would not be surprised at the previous posters indication of his military record. Plus he’s got awesome chicken

Back
Top Bottom