• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Chick-Fil-A

OLAK

NES Member
I didn't see this posted anywhere and if it's a dupe please delete.

My brother sent this to me.

Just one more reason the lines are long to eat at Chick-Fil-A. GOD BLESS CHICK-FIL-A:

I think this is especially neat since a number of VA facilities are removing the bibles from the displays at some of the VA locations.

MAN WALKS INTO CHICK-FIL-A: Is Completely Blown Away When He Saw This for Vets
chick-vets.jpg

B
y Bill Callen : Top Right News
Chick-fil-A, the same fast-food outlet has once again proved a positive to the world. This time it did so by unveiling an amazing Veterans Day tribute that left Georgia resident Eric Comfort in complete shock.
According to a Facebook post he published on Mon, when he walked into a local Chick-fil-A, Comfort discovered a " Missing Man Table " that contained a single rose, a Bible & a folded American flag, as well as a plaque w/in which was the following explanation:
"This table is reserved to honor our missing comrades in arms. The tablecloth is white — symbolizing the purity of their motives when answering the call of duty.
The single red rose, displayed in a vase, reminds us of the life of each of the missing and their loved ones and friends of these Americans who keep the faith, awaiting answers. The vase is tied with a red ribbon, symbol of our continued determination to account for our missing. A pinch of salt symbolizes the tears endured by those missing and their families who seek answers. The Bible represents the strength gained through faith to sustain those lost from our country, founded as one nation under God. The glass is inverted — to symbolize their inability to share this evening's toast. The chair is empty — they are missing."
After the story went viral, the store manager, Alex Korchan, explained to WSB that his team members had set up the table because they "wanted to honor veterans." Furthermore, he offered free meals to all veterans and their family members on Veterans Day. Korchan also put up a poster so that customers could write in the names of loved ones who they have lost. "We've had a lot of people who have come in and seen it and been touched by it," Korchan continued. "It's been special to see."
mmt.jpg

PLEASE SHARE this article if you admire what Chick-Fil-A has done to honor our vets...

Just one more reason the lines are long to eat at Chick-Fil-A. GOD BLESS CHICK-FIL-A:

I think this is especially neat since a number of VA facilities are removing the bibles from the displays at some of the VA locations.

chick-vets.jpg

B
Chick-fil-A, the same fast-food outlet has once again proved a positive to the world. This time it did so by unveiling an amazing Veterans Day tribute that left Georgia resident Eric Comfort in complete shock.
According to a Facebook post he published on Mon, when he walked into a local Chick-fil-A, Comfort discovered a " Missing Man Table " that contained a single rose, a Bible & a folded American flag, as well as a plaque w/in which was the following explanation:
"This table is reserved to honor our missing comrades in arms. The tablecloth is white — symbolizing the purity of their motives when answering the call of duty.
The single red rose, displayed in a vase, reminds us of the life of each of the missing and their loved ones and friends of these Americans who keep the faith, awaiting answers. The vase is tied with a red ribbon, symbol of our continued determination to account for our missing. A pinch of salt symbolizes the tears endured by those missing and their families who seek answers. The Bible represents the strength gained through faith to sustain those lost from our country, founded as one nation under God. The glass is inverted — to symbolize their inability to share this evening's toast. The chair is empty — they are missing."
After the story went viral, the store manager, Alex Korchan, explained to WSB that his team members had set up the table because they "wanted to honor veterans." Furthermore, he offered free meals to all veterans and their family members on Veterans Day. Korchan also put up a poster so that customers could write in the names of loved ones who they have lost. "We've had a lot of people who have come in and seen it and been touched by it," Korchan continued. "It's been special to see."
mmt.jpg

PLEASE SHARE this article if you admire what Chick-Fil-A has done to honor our vets...

The Red Robin in Woburn had this same display last year for Veterans Day and even offered veterans a free meal

and that's why there aren't many in the Northeast

I know, it sucks, nearest one to me is 40 minutes away.

Some time back, CFA had wanted to open a location at Faneuil Hall, but 'Mumble's' did everything in his
power to keep them out.

I know, it sucks, nearest one to me is 40 minutes away.

Some time back, CFA had wanted to open a location at Faneuil Hall, but 'Mumble's' did everything in his
power to keep them out.

Yup , bow to the liberal agenda or suffer the consequences.

It does my heart good to see that kind of respect .

Liberal meltdown and smear campaign in 3..2..1

and that's why there aren't many in the Northeast

Not exactly accurate for where the wife and I travel around. YMMV though. We go out of way to visit a CFA. One in Worcester, in Northboro, and Framingham. All have the same quality food, the same quality employees, the same great customer service, the same cleanliness, and same satisfaction that our money goes to a company the has the standards that we look for. Not easy in these times, but CFA seems to do it well.

They, chic a fila is exp
Not exactly accurate for where the wife and I travel around. YMMV though. We go out of way to visit a CFA. One in Worcester, in Northboro, and Framingham. All have the same quality food, the same quality employees, the same great customer service, the same cleanliness, and same satisfaction that our money goes to a company the has the standards that we look for. Not easy in these times, but CFA seems to do it well.
I built them, at least the hvac side. Lols. KFC blows monkey chunks

There is one upstairs at Mohegan Sun . . . we walked up there but our friends vetoed the idea of eating there.

There is on just beyond Lowes in Dedham heading to Boston on what used to be US-1. It's either in Boston or just shy of the Boston/Dedham line.

There is one upstairs at Mohegan Sun . . . we walked up there but our friends vetoed the idea of eating there.

There is on just beyond Lowes in Dedham heading to Boston on what used to be US-1. It's either in Boston or just shy of the Boston/Dedham line.
Yes that location opened about a year ago. Its just across the line from West Roxbury. When Boston mayor Tom Menino was still alive he vowed that he wouldn't let Chick-Fil-A open in Boston because of the anti-gay views of their CEO. Regardless of how you feel about gay rights I thought that was pretty outrageous -- where does a mayor come off dictating what private businesses can and cannot do???!!!

Get better friends

Great to hear, I do like them as well. There is also one in the burlington mall. When I'm in FL I got to them all the time for lunch.

Love me some chick-Fil-a!! Good people for sure. My only gripe is that 90% of the time I have a hankering, it’s usually on a Sunday!! But maybe that’s why everyone there is so darn polite, knowing that they won’t be asked to work Sunday!!

Love CFA. I used to go a few times a week for lunch but I don't really eat out for lunch anymore nowadays. Occasionally might go there for a snack (fries or milkshake) or wknd lunch. They have "Military Appreciation Night" this Wed where all active duty military and those who served honorably and their immediate family get a meal for free. Always great food, always great customer service, always a good time going there.

chick-vets.jpg

B
mmt.jpg

This display is almost identical to the table that is set up at every Army "dining in" or other banquet type ceremonies. During an Army "dining in" there is a full ceremony done in which the table is set up with each item........and an explanation from the president of the mess of each item as it is set. Hard to choke back the tears standing there in dress blues every time I witness this ceremony. Seen it many times.

Basically the display is copied from the Army tradition at formal dinners. I'm plenty fine with that......jus thought you all here on NES might want to know where it came from.

Back
Top Bottom