Charlie Baker on 2A

Baker is emblematic of the entire Republican Party. They all claim to be for smaller gov't, responsible spending, and freedom. Just don't ask them to do anything that might shrink the gov't, cut spending, or increases freedom.

And on Baker specifically: This guy is a terrible candidate. He's like a walking bottle of Sominex. But there's the MA GOP for you. They're in it to lose it politely.

This is more about our Republican party in MA then Baker specifically. Yes politicians in general are DBs and lying aholes but one thing I'll say is that they are generally not stupid when it comes to saying what needs to be said to get elected. It's a sham, no doubt, but they only speak to issues that will help them in the climate they are working in.

In MA, no Republican that comes out and speaks against the popular state mentality has a chance of winning. I have to imagine they know that and will duck any question that will hurt their chances of winning. If I was running for elected position I'd be saying what it took to get elected. Then start working towards what I believe. I have to imagine most of these "R"s are doing the same thing.

LOL

MA will never have a pro-2A governor.

The only way we can every hope to elect a Pro Liberty Pro 2A Republican is by taking baby steps. Democrats are so entrenched in this state that even the mention of the word "Republican" is frowned upon.

You want an actual Conservative as Governor? Start now, it will take at least 8 years to make that happen.
Let's say Baker wins, and then gets reelected. The low info voters (they are the largest voting block) will accept Republicans, and actually listen and notice when a Republican tries to get traction.

Conversely, If the Democrats win, it is going to be the same show in 4-8 years.

Yes, it is "the lesser of 2 evils" but it is how the game works, Conservatives will be in charge when they accept the game, play it and work their way inside, so they can open the gates to the castle.

Vote for Fisher in the primary, if he is your man, but if Baker wins and you are the type to not vote for the Republican nominee, then you will do nothing but make it easier for the Democrats to remain in power.

Ok...so I said earlier I e-mailed concerning his 2A stance and i told you I would post his response. And since one poster showed there was a link on the page.

Anyway, the response is short and sweet but here it is....

"hanks for the question. I have updated the issues page on my website to include my 2nd amendment stance. Please visit our site www.markfisher2014.com . Yes - I will support overturning the 1998 AWB and the AG's gun ban list. These do nothing to stop crime. Instead of targeting violent criminals they hurt law-abiding gun owners.

Please spread the word about out campaign.

Mark FisherCandidate for Republican Nomination for Governor of Massachusetts
800-863-5737
[email protected]

All you people that beat up Baker..... so what if he only supports 90% of the pro gun agenda? I don't get it. He's the only right wing candidate running and he's 1000000% better than Martha. I suppose it's better to stay home than to vote for him?

[thinking]

Baker is an imperfect candidate, but unless you can find someone better and get them past the primary...we get stuck with Marsha. Would you rather have Charlie....or Marsha? Its a shit sandwich either way, but its the difference between taking a big bite or a little bite.

All you people that beat up Baker..... so what if he only supports 90% of the pro gun agenda? I don't get it. He's the only right wing candidate running and he's 1000000% better than Martha. I suppose it's better to stay home than to vote for him?

[thinking]

Hes no where near right wing. Hes borderline democrat. I doubt his views on a lot of things are truly conservative.

I'll do everything i can to help fisher get elected. If Fisher loses the primary then we get a shit sandwich either way.

We all know that this state is fast going in the shitter. Might as well go full tilt with a democrat in charge, for only then will some of the retards that pay taxes but dont pay attention see the light, the faster the better.

Although im not so sure of that either, since this place is such a welfare, state worker union, and illegal alien coddling shithole, the takers outweigh the makers.

Im tired of voting for *******s that dont represent what i stand for. Let it burn with the democrats in charge. My plans are to leave anyway. I think this state is too far gone to waste more of my life fighting for freedom that probably will never be.

All the previous post about the MA gop are spot on. They are a bunch of *******s. They need to be shown that people believe in true conservatives here and not wishy washy morons who are too pussified to answer a question. Make no mistake, the MA gop are afraid of people like us.

Last edited:
The only way we can every hope to elect a Pro Liberty Pro 2A Republican is by taking baby steps. Democrats are so entrenched in this state that even the mention of the word "Republican" is frowned upon.

You want an actual Conservative as Governor? Start now, it will take at least 8 years to make that happen.
Let's say Baker wins, and then gets reelected. The low info voters (they are the largest voting block) will accept Republicans, and actually listen and notice when a Republican tries to get traction.

Conversely, If the Democrats win, it is going to be the same show in 4-8 years.

Yes, it is "the lesser of 2 evils" but it is how the game works, Conservatives will be in charge when they accept the game, play it and work their way inside, so they can open the gates to the castle.

Really? Explain why this didn't happen when Romney was govenor, why did we go back to Deval?

I believe if a Republican gets in charge, he will be villified in the media for all of Deval's problems. They we go back to electing another Democrud in 4 years. Its a cycle perpetuates itself. Let it burn with the democrats, only then will people truly see what they are.....again, this is MA and I fully beleive the majority of voters here are either retarded or on the dole. Otherwise, how can we possibly explain how we vote these *******s in.

People need to start standing up for what they believe in here, not accepting some ******* because "its Massachusetts and he's the only one moderate enough to get elected". That's the MA GOP talking....and we shouldn't listen.

Last edited:
Its all the same and going to continue to be all the same, Massachusetts gov is all about political correctness, anti gun, and a super sensitive attitude. Anyone who runs for office regardless of what they say they stand for will just fit right in with the majority of the Gov and do whats expected of them and support all things that most of us hate.

Anyone else get a call from Fisher for Governor today?

"I'm Charlie Baker. I do agree with the governor. I think they should collaborate and cooperate around illegal immigration." Hi I'm Mark Fisher, and I don't approve of illegal immigration, but I do approve this message. Watch our first televised debate this Sunday morning at 8:30 AM on channel 4. WBZ or anytime thereafter on CBS Boston.com. This message is paid for by the Committee to elect Fisher for governor.

I saw an anti Baker commercial on TV this morning. Since it was anti Baker I'm not sure how true it is but it said that the NRA gave Baker 94% rating on 2A. I would have thought it would have been more like 50%.

I'm in my sixties, born and raised here, I have never seen a Conservative Republican here in MA during my lifetime. I think they are a lot like Snipe in that they exist in name only.

Why do we lust over what has never been?

I find it hard to believe bloomberg would endorse someone with a 94% rating from the NRA. And since we know bloomberg endorsed him.....well, it only leads me to believe that NRA numbers are wrong. I tried to do a search on it but didn't really come up with anything other than the super pac rhetoric.

Martha Coakley it is then !

That's not what I'm saying....I just think with Bloomberg endorsing Baker that baker may share his philosophy so we could be screwed either way. I was also interested in the validity of their claim that Baker has an NRA rating of 94%.

Baker can EABOD

They can all EABOD but I'm worried about the one more likely to make us EABOD which in this state is the democrat. At least with a RINO in the corner office they will more likely spend more time fighting on other issues and less on trying to stick it to us. Then again, I could be wrong. Won't be the first or last time.

Wow, imagine that. A union endorsing a democrat. I'm shocked I tell you. Shocked. [shocked]

- - - Updated - - -

That's not what I'm saying....I just think with Bloomberg endorsing Baker that baker may share his philosophy so we could be screwed either way. I was also interested in the validity of their claim that Baker has an NRA rating of 94%.

Could it be that Bloomberg endorsing baker is like a Judas kiss?

the way I see it, Bloomberg knows what people like us think of him and by extension, what we're supposed to think of people he supposedly supports. He can play a pretty good chess game sometimes

- - - Updated - - -

Wow, imagine that. A union endorsing a democrat. I'm shocked I tell you. Shocked. [shocked]

- - - Updated - - -

Could it be that Bloomberg endorsing baker is like a Judas kiss?

yep

the way I see it, Bloomberg knows what people like us think of him and by extension, what we're supposed to think of people he supposedly supports. He can play a pretty good chess game sometimes

- - - Updated - - -

yep
Yeah. I'm sold good old bloom is both trying to back stab him and get Martha in by making people like us vote 3rd party and buy future favors from baker in the off chance he wins.

I'm in my sixties, born and raised here, I have never seen a Conservative Republican here in MA during my lifetime. I think they are a lot like Snipe in that they exist in name only.

Why do we lust over what has never been?
Because anything and everything can change.

And conviction is a hell of a thing.

Back
Top Bottom