Charlie Baker on 2A

Are you talking about the third debate where the candidates were asked if they lost would they run again and they both said they would not? Where and when did Baker state he would only serve one term?

It was on WBUR in a quick interview yesterday. I can't cite it directly, but that's what I heard.

It was on WBUR in a quick interview yesterday. I can't cite it directly, but that's what I heard.

Why would he say a thing like that? If he actually did make a "campaign promise" like that it would be all over the news.

Well she's gone, like a cold sore you thought would never clear up.
Now I guess we wait and see what Bloomturds check paid for.
The one thing we might have going for us is that the race was so freaking close that if he drops a steamer on us, he's pretty much a assured of being a one hit wonder.
A lot of us voted for his ass because anything was better than Martha.
Ask Scotty Brown how it works out when you dump on the folks that got you in, in the first place.

I want to thank all the NES members who came out to support my candidate. I want to thank all the NES members who actively supported other 2A Statewide candidates. I want to Thank Mike S and the GOAL BoD for supporting Pro 2a candidates.

If I could, I would thank the donors from NES.

And for the majority of NES members who could find time to ridicule on the internet; the process, or the candidates, but didn't do anything more than that, I say:

**** YOU

Not to be a jerk but I notice you have been online and not posted in this thread where it was proven that the 2A vote mattered. Actually rephrase Yes to be a jerk cause you littered this thread with nonsense for days and days. Typical for a person who was so wrong to ignore and hope nobody pays attention.

Not to be a jerk but I notice you have been online and not posted in this thread where it was proven that the 2A vote mattered. Actually rephrase Yes to be a jerk cause you littered this thread with nonsense for days and days. Typical for a person who was so wrong to ignore and hope nobody pays attention.
The reason I haven't been on for the last few days was this:
I am the volunteer coordinator for a a State Rep campaign. While you were busy trashing those who were actually making a difference, I was out working to make sure MY candidate won.
I have been trying to get pro gun candidates elected, you seemed to spend your time trashing anyone who didn't agree with you.
Thank you for voting, If you feel that was the best you could do, then fine. You didn't do enough, But I don't really care.

FWIW, I will have face time with the Governor Elect, I will tell him how I voted. I CAN tell him why I voted the way I did.
When you get face time with the Governor, you can tell him "Baaa"
It is a shame though, if you spent 1/2 the time getting out the vote for Brad Wyatt, instead of trashing me on the internet, you might have made a difference in that race.

The reason I haven't been on for the last few days was this:
I am the volunteer coordinator for a a State Rep campaign. While you were busy trashing those who were actually making a difference, I was out working to make sure MY candidate won.
I have been trying to get pro gun candidates elected, you seemed to spend your time trashing anyone who didn't agree with you.
Thank you for voting, If you feel that was the best you could do, then fine. You didn't do enough, But I don't really care.

FWIW, I will have face time with the Governor Elect, I will tell him how I voted. I CAN tell him why I voted the way I did.
When you get face time with the Governor, you can tell him "Baaa"
It is a shame though, if you spent 1/2 the time getting out the vote for Brad Wyatt, instead of trashing me on the internet, you might have made a difference in that race.

Blah Blah Blah.

I did not trash anyone other than you. Good for you

FSTC, I'm confident when you tell Baker you campaigned the gun owners of MA to blank the vote for governor he'll appreciate your efforts. Please let us know what he thinks of that strategy. While Baker did win, it wasn't a slam dunk like you predicted. However, it seems like a lot of voters blanked the vote for many of the rest of Republican candidates. BTW, how did your candidate do?

Blah Blah Blah.

I did not trash anyone other than you. Good for you

So what did you do to advance RKBA in the election?
Vote?
Write a letter to the editor of you local paper?
Get people registered to vote?
Encourage members of your club to vote?
Work for a campaign?
Donate to a campaign?

Serious question, What did you do?

FSTC, I'm confident when you tell Baker you campaigned the gun owners of MA to blank the vote for governor he'll appreciate your efforts. Please let us know what he thinks of that strategy. While Baker did win, it wasn't a slam dunk like you predicted. However, it seems like a lot of voters blanked the vote for many of the rest of Republican candidates. BTW, how did your candidate do?
Bakers numbers were based on a win of 10k votes.
Baker won't care about the "b;ank" votes, but his data geeks will, and he listens to them.
Bakers people courted Grossman votes to win. (those, along with right leaning unenrolleds were the "meat' of his targeted vote) The gun vote was never considered (Hence the post election sit down)
Baker (on the advice of his geeks) will court those who didn't vote for him.

and FWIW My candidate won 55-45% (our opponent was a 2 term incumbent)

Last edited:
So what did you do to advance RKBA in the election?
Vote?
Write a letter to the editor of you local paper?
Get people registered to vote?
Encourage members of your club to vote?
Work for a campaign?
Donate to a campaign?

Serious question, What did you do?

I voted
No useless
Yes actually
Yes 100% and they all voted for Baker.
Nope
Yes.

Any other questions?

Last edited:
Bakers numbers were based on a win of 10k votes.
Baker won't care about the "b;ank" votes, but his data geeks will, and he listens to them.
Bakers people courted Grossman votes to win. (those, along with right leaning unenrolleds were the "meat' of his targeted vote) The gun vote was never considered (Hence the post election sit down)
Baker (on the advice of his geeks) will court those who didn't vote for him.

and FWIW My candidate won 55-45% (our opponent was a 2 term incumbent)

Let us know how that turns out. And congrats on your candidate's win.

FWIW My candidate won 55-45% (our opponent was a 2 term incumbent)

??? - Didn't Wyatt lose by 10 points to Naughton? (http://www.thelandmark.com/news/2014-11-06/Front_Page/Naughton_heads_back_to_State_House.html)

He did admirably in the face of the money pumped into the Dem's campaigns (http://www.telegram.com/article/20141030/NEWS/310309590/1116) where there was real competition.

I would have loved to call Naughton to gloat over a loss but unfortunately, it did not happen.

??? - Didn't Wyatt lose by 10 points to Naughton? (http://www.thelandmark.com/news/2014-11-06/Front_Page/Naughton_heads_back_to_State_House.html)

He did admirably in the face of the money pumped into the Dem's campaigns (http://www.telegram.com/article/20141030/NEWS/310309590/1116) where there was real competition.

I would have loved to call Naughton to gloat over a loss but unfortunately, it did not happen.
Sadly, the best we can do for Naughton is stop is governor run and cost him more money to keep his job, but at least there is that.

I just had a very sad thought that reflects the state of Massachusetts. If I won the lottery the first thing I would do is move out of this state. There are people out there that actually like the states they live in.
Wow, can you imagine the politicians actually having the same views about life, liberty, and all that other jazzy stuff that you do? There are places that believe in the constitution and are proud for what it stands for.

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability,preserve,protect and defend the Constitution of the United ."

If only he believed this.

Back
Top Bottom