Charlie Baker on 2A

Charlie baker was on Jim Bruade's talk show last night.

He dodged the question on the FID suitability at least 3 times - would not state his position.

Baker said he supported the new gun bill though......[thinking]

why is he running as a republican? Makes no sense to me.

This is Massachusetts. We get what we deserve. If you have ever attended any MA GOP functions within the last decade you already know the party is not only stone cold dead but the corpse has undergone significant decomposition as well. The members and party leaders just don't know it yet. Sort of a walking dead kinda thing.

This is Massachusetts. We get what we deserve. If you have ever attended any MA GOP functions within the last decade you already know the party is not only stone cold dead but the corpse has undergone significant decomposition as well. The members and party leaders just don't know it yet. Sort of a walking dead kinda thing.

We're doomed....

I always vote for the republican but isn't he running unopposed on the republican ticket? Maybe that's why he is running as a republican. Now I'm not even sure if I should vote and then if I do who should I vote for. It's never been this way in Mass before as far as the republicans go. Makes sense though. The last republican Governor screwed us too.

I doubt he has a clue about the gun bill, he heres gun and he issues knee jerk support. A pac supporting Grossman is out with a ad touting his support for a one gun buy a month bill.

I'm resigned to never having any good statewide until the day I leave this state.

We're doomed....

I always vote for the republican but isn't he running unopposed on the republican ticket? Maybe that's why he is running as a republican. Now I'm not even sure if I should vote and then if I do who should I vote for. It's never been this way in Mass before as far as the republicans go. Makes sense though. The last republican Governor screwed us too.

Fisher is challenging Baker in the Republican primary. http://www.markfisher2014.com/

Baker grew up in the city and probably never touched a gun. He is ignorant on the current state of our gun laws.
He needs to be brought up to speed and he needs to state his opinions on the matter.
The reality is this: He will most likely win the primary . He will be the best chance to someone even remotely 2A friendly in the corner office.

If you want to complain, that's cool. If you want to change the system, go out and volunteer for a nearby candidate who shares your views. The premise is simple, elect more pro 2A legislators and you can keep the bad stuff off the Governor s desk.

Last edited:
Fisher is challenging Baker in the Republican primary. http://www.markfisher2014.com/

I did not know that. I'm not sure why I didn't know. Baker is all over the news and I have to admit I haven't seen Fisher in the news at all. I watched his 11 minute video and he seems pretty good. He does not mention anything about his stance on firearms and gun control on his page. I don't have FB so I cannot see him there...

But thank you for posting that link and letting me know.

Baker is a douche.

Let this state burn under democrat rule.

Im tired of voting for *******s and not planning to stay here anyway.

Ill vote for Fisher. He wont get in or even win the primary.

We can't tell where Baker is coming from.

If he is against FID discretion, he is smart enough to know that saying so will give the Democrats a rallying point.

If he is for FID discretion, he is smart enough to know it will cost him votes from his Republican base.

I've heard a couple of Charlie Baker interviews on the radio and he's the master at ducking and dodging. In my opinion he has a very weak grasp on the issues. Twice he switched the interview over to problems with the RMV. Really? A long wait to renew a license is THE big issue of the day? Yes, it's a pain in the ass but doesn't even rate when compared to the fraud and corruption that is killing the Commonwealth. He might be better than Martha but not by much. He hasn't earned my vote and so far hasn't given me any indication that he'd work for it.

F*** that guy! Lost my vote on this issue alone. And I am not surprised that he is wishy washy on 2A issues.

Four years ago, Charlie Baker spent much of the last two months of the campaign bashing Deval Patrick on immigration issues. He was against Patrick’s stances on Secure Communities, on in-state tuition, and drivers licenses—and was quite vocal about those positions.

The 2014 Baker is meant to be kinder and gentler, which is probably why Baker came out quickly in support of Patrick’s decision to let federal authorities temporarily house border-crossing children in Massachusetts.

http://www.bostonmagazine.com/news/blog/2014/07/23/charlie-baker-and-the-border/

Don't worry, when Charlie loses he will move north to New Hampshire and run for Governor there.... Scott Brown has started a trend.

Fisher actually showed up at the anti illegal rally in Boston last Saturday .... Baker, no sightings.

8AE1E10C-11CF-4600-8602-C96613D7E5AD.jpg

We can't tell where Baker is coming from.

If he is against FID discretion, he is smart enough to know that saying so will give the Democrats a rallying point.

If he is for FID discretion, he is smart enough to know it will cost him votes from his Republican base.

I've heard a couple of Charlie Baker interviews on the radio and he's the master at ducking and dodging. In my opinion he has a very weak grasp on the issues. Twice he switched the interview over to problems with the RMV. Really? A long wait to renew a license is THE big issue of the day? Yes, it's a pain in the ass but doesn't even rate when compared to the fraud and corruption that is killing the Commonwealth. He might be better than Martha but not by much. He hasn't earned my vote and so far hasn't given me any indication that he'd work for it.

I don't think Baker knows the issue at all and that's why he's ducking it. He's not going to be pro 2a, I expect he'll be neutral. He is more interested in healthcare (his background), roads, cleaning up corruption. Other issues, he'll listen to advisers and cram to learn it and decide.

He and his advisers will listen to us and Jim Wallace, so we'll get heard at least. Wallace was on Howie carr a month ago and told howie of his visit to Deval Patricks office after he took office in '06. Wallace introduced himself to a patrick aide, probably chief of staff and handed him his card. The guy said we don't have any need for this and handed it back to wallace.

He said it was the only time he's ever had someone hand back a card and basically say get lost.

I think the posts in this thread about Charlie Baker significantly point out he has no consideration for our second amendment rights. But to get the record straight I did send an e-mail to Fisher or his team and asked specific questions to his position on the second amendment and if he would support the abloishment of the "safe gun" list and the 98 AWB.

I'll post what they send back.

I don;t think Fisher will beat Baker in the Primary but who knows. If he's on our side I will vote for him.

Just keep hoping and praying ma will change.....or move to nh and stop complaining.

I am hoping Mass will change but we as voters have to vote to make that change. The move to NH is been a conversation between the wife and I. But if more of our POLs and people move there you might want to come down here...lol

I get all the CB campaign/fundraiser updates and emails.
CB is an administrator. Handled by a leftist campaign staff. No political vision. Non-confrontational; he can't tell you what he's in favor of (or not) or what he wants to do as gov (or not). Not down for our struggle, or probably not down for any struggle. "Tax Collector for the Welfare State"

Oh - so they invite Steve Grossman too? [laugh]

Man, just three more years, then sweet home Alabama, or Tennessee, or Montana, or anywhere the f else

I did not know that. I'm not sure why I didn't know. Baker is all over the news and I have to admit I haven't seen Fisher in the news at all. I watched his 11 minute video and he seems pretty good. He does not mention anything about his stance on firearms and gun control on his page. I don't have FB so I cannot see him there...

But thank you for posting that link and letting me know.

I did not know either, but he does include the 2nd on his page (under Issues):
http://www.markfisher2014.com/#!2nd-amendment/c1hrx

I did not know either, but he does include the 2nd on his page (under Issues):
http://www.markfisher2014.com/#!2nd-amendment/c1hrx

Thank you for that link. When I went to the other link I did not get that drop down menu. I feel like an idiot. lol Even so, I did send an e-mail and I said I would post the response. I still will even though I haven't heard back from them yet. But I think this gives us a good idea of his stance on the 2nd.

Not to open a can of worms but he did mention on his page to enforce the laws we have. I would like some of those laws repealed so we can revert back to the way it was pre 94 before the Clinton AWB. I believe that was in 94, if not, you know what I mean. The one Romney signed into law in 98. lol Even so, he seems to be someone I can support way over Charlie Baker.

"Massachusetts is the only state that requires an FID card for the purchase of pepper spray! I know this first hand because my 83 year old Mom was required to have one in order to legally own pepper spray. Let’s enforce the laws we have and keep criminals from committing and re-committing crimes. Let’s stop the harassment of little old ladies who wish to protect themselves from criminals! As Governor, on my first day in office I will move to amend our laws so that pepper spray no longer requires an FID card."

When I get a response to the e-mail I sent I will definitely post what they sent.

Thank you.

The major obstacle to the Massachusetts GOP becoming viable again is the group of self-serving, power-hungry *******s who currently run the party here in MA. They are much more interested in maintaining their own stupid way of doing things than actually providing a true alternative, winning elections or even putting up candidates. You've all seen the numbers. Most seats go unchallenged. And the candidates they do put forward are Democrats in everything but name.

Have you been to any MA GOP events? I have. Go, just for educational purposes. They truly are what their critics think they are: extremely old, white, wealthy country club types with absolutely no clue what really interests the voters of MA and complete resistance to truly listening and learning or in any way mending their ways.

Based on their behavior you would think the MA GOP was successful and running this commonwealth. Frankly I think they all have dementia.

Back
Top Bottom