Charging LEOs to use Club Range

So now police doing their job by informing someone that complained about noise ordinances is considered "helping" ?

How far public perception has fallen when cops doing their job is now considered going above and beyond lol
This. What I am looking for. For example: if someone said a bullet hit their house, and the police department stepped up to defend the range.

Maybe I should have worded my question better

This. What I am looking for. For example: if someone said a bullet hit their house, and the police department stepped up to defend the range.

Yes, that has happened at Londonderry F&GC. Not MA, but it can happen . . . just not terribly likely in Eastern MA.

You shouldn’t let in any law enforcement agency whose union lobbies against the rights that your club exists to practice and protect. If that law enforcement agency lobby’s to protect those rights, then fine. But otherwise, it’s kind of like a mouse inviting a cat over for dinner.

Never said it was above and beyond.

But they also dont have to come to the club and give us the information that someone called either. And other information I wont mention that is put out there so we can addess it if needed

Theyve had our backs at town meetings before as well and one other time when some looney lefty wanted to stop all hunting and shooting in town.

We have a good relationship with our towns PD.
Its in our best interest.

I don’t expect that everywhere in MA. But stop painting with a broad brush.

The brush I use to paint cops with is not half as wide as the brush cops use to paint me(and any other non cop) with :) Trust and respect is earned, not given.

The brush I use to paint cops with is not half as wide as the brush cops use to paint me(and any other non cop) with :) Trust and respect is earned, not given.

Is it the hoodie & black skinny jeans? Or maybe the purple hair and forehead tattoo?

As I've stated before that's what South Post at FT. Devens should have been used for. The State dropped the ball, perfect centrally located range that had all the required ranges and facilities if the State/NG didn't have their heads up their asses. State could have dumped a Million or so into improving ranges and facilities for Cops, FBI, ATF, Military and no problems with Private Gun Clubs and neighbors. I still see Ma. PD vehicles leaving gate and or driving thru Devens so I have to assume some PD's are training there.

As a member of a club that lets local LEO use it for qualification…

They are the worst people as a group I have ever seen. Zero weapon discipline. No concept of a cold range with everyone waving weapons and playing with ammo when people are down range. No muzzle discipline with hot weapons getting pointed EVERYWHERE. Brass left everywhere when they leave. Live ammo left everywhere when they leave.

I am clearly talking about them as a group. Lots of individuals know what they are doing and are members in good standing. But as a group they are horrible. I leave the range if they are on the property…
Then that's on the firearm's instruction running the session,.

Have a LE Agency wanting to use our one of our ranges probably a couple days a month. For other clubs that are doing this what do you charge? Per person per day? Set fee for the range for the day? Or?
My club in NH has a few agencies using the ranges. The book dates and have the exclusive use during that time period. At one time it was based on department size. It was later changed to a "Corporates membership". What that costs these days is a guess as I've been out of the club's operations for some time.

The rate charged was better than the cost of booking a private range for a day or half day.

What about liability? If a cop has a ND and someone gets injured or killed, is it on the police department or on the club? Last thing we need is another incident that puts a club in danger of being shut down by local authorities. All it takes is one fool to do something stupid!
Insurance protection was always part of a corporate membership.

Police departments don’t have that kind of money. If they did, every department in the state would have their own range. The towns would never earmark that kind of money.

Most of the crap police departments have is from federal grants like the bear cats and stuff.

Edit: I’m not saying that some cops can’t shoot, but in my experience that is the exception. I’m calling bullshit on some of the stories here making it sound like the cops are spraying full auto at each other and taking turns sticking their dicks down the barrel.
In a small town in Maine a few years ago , the Chief took his guys down to the range to qualify .
While the chief was downrange changing targets , a couple of his chimps were finger f*cking a pistol on a cold range.
He got shot right square in the back.
Thankfully he knew his own guys well enough to be wearing his vest.
What I would have paid to be there to witness what transpired when he got up off the ground.

In a small town in Maine a few years ago , the Chief took his guys down to the range to qualify .
While the chief was downrange changing targets , a couple of his chimps were finger f*cking a pistol on a cold range.
What I would have paid to be there to witness what transpired when he got up off the ground.
Yeah I know stupidity does happen. It’s mainly due to the lack of supervision on the range. You do ANYTHING weird on a military range for instance and someone is going to put a boot up your ass instantly.

Some years back a trooper got shot in the stomach with a shotgun at the range. If there hadn’t been a medic there with a full kit, he would have died.

If I had 1 million dollars for each time I’ve been muzzled with loaded guns or had an ND in my direction, I’d have like 40 million dollars.

Edit: The best one being a cop running an ak47 in my class that didn’t like the safety (it was hard to operate) that put a round at my feet when he turned around and let his gun hang… got caught on his chest rig mags and let one go.

Hard to believe. Aren't the badge carriers the only ones considered to be "professional" enough to be trusted with firearms? Or maybe it is just a Massachusetts thing? Maura is our governor now, with an anti-gun AG in her pocket. Do we have anything to really fear?

How about when a liberal douche Doctor bitch wanted to shut down our range, and the neighbor that has a full auto license, and anyone else in town that had land enough to shoot on. The chief stood up and backed us and everyone else that shoots on their own land in the town meeting.

After that .......and the selectmen did not even take up the matter, and considered it closed and unenforceable.

How about when a liberal douche Doctor bitch wanted to shut down our range, and the neighbor that has a full auto license, and anyone else in town that had land enough to shoot on. The chief stood up and backed us and everyone else that shoots on their own land in the town meeting.

After that .......and the selectmen did not even take up the matter, and considered it closed and unenforceable.
Alright, we have one.

It would all depend on what type of work. If they are building a building the developer will charge the client. If it is Verizon the Verizon customer, etc.

I have never seen a detail on a construction site.. Not saying a scam detail like that doesn't exist...

What about all the bridges being repaired or road work, these are things that we ALL see details at every day.

Who pays the contractors who in turn pay the cops on road or bridge work?

If it is a state job it either comes from a federal grant for the work or the state. Which is paid from tax dollars. But even if they have flag men it is going to come from our tax dollars. And because it is state or federal work they are paid prevailing wage, so the same cost. They are on most construction jobs if blocks or interferes with public right of way.

Back
Top Bottom