Charging LEOs to use Club Range

I agree.

Let them all sign up as members that have to abide by the same rules.
Police qualification requirements by the state would not be in compliance with the club rules anywhere that I could think of. And there isn't a lot of wiggle room if one wants to certify that their officers meet the state standards.

Police qualification requirements by the state would not be in compliance with the club rules anywhere that I could think of. And there isn't a lot of wiggle room if one wants to certify that their officers meet the state standards.
You mean like how to miss a 30’ berm from 30 yards away.

I really think they should be training at training facilities or military facilities. Most clubs are not safe for this type if training.

If the clubs dont allow , draw from holster, rapid fire , shooting on the move to all members there should be no exceptions.

Many here do not realize that training and qual are not one and the same. For that matter many police depts don't realize that either. We used to use the ATV's in the training. (done one at a time) Office would enter the firing line on the ATV, dismount and using the ATV for what little cover it has engage multiple targets, Oh, the helmet is still on the head. (we used full helmets) Reason for this is, it is one of the pieces of equipment that we use and how we are dressed. Officer gets to see what his/her visual restrictions are to use whatever you have for possible cover.

I really think they should be training at training facilities or military facilities. Most clubs are not safe for this type if training.
1) there aren’t enough such facilities and it would cost millions to build them. 2) I’ve been to lots of clubs that can safely hold such square range qualifications.

1) It’s a long way from many towns. 2) It is my understanding that it is in high demand.

I think they also charge a shitload of money too, lol. That was one of the things in the devens gun club thread. I don't think it is "free" just because its a gov resource.

no, that would take divine intervention in that area.
My point, exactly. It’s easy to say that PDs should have their own ranges. It’s a lot harder to actually make it happen in built up areas. In many cities and suburbs, it would need to be an indoor range, so that’s probably $1M+.

No, I’m not saying that therefore clubs should allow PDs to use their ranges — that’s a decision for each club. All I’m saying is that there is no easy solution for PDs on this.

Have a LE Agency wanting to use our one of our ranges probably a couple days a month. For other clubs that are doing this what do you charge? Per person per day? Set fee for the range for the day? Or?
My local range is ran by a retired LEO. Any LEO can use the range any time they want. He offers to supply ammo to one of the smaller departments.

Zero takers.

I'd almost suggest this. Give them free use of the range, probably will show up less.

It's a nice setup too. Not just a couple lanes, open zones where you are invited to shoot and move.

Loading while someone is downrange isn't a big deal. But guns stay grounded or holstered.

I doubt you're wrong.

And it's still not a good reason to put them there. Minimum five hours of OT, over and over and over again, has got to be more expensive than renting some lights, or even buying them and letting them pay for themselves on multiple jobs over the years.
I can tell you the mobile traffic lights suck. Two flag people combined up here don’t have the brain power of my dog and he is a retard.

Is that better or worse than police traffic details?
Police details never bothered me. At least it’s done by a human.

I sat for over 5 mins in each direction waiting for the brain dead to wave me thru. Nobody was oncoming the entire time. The flagger kept taking on his family channel radio as I sat there. Beyond pissed to the point of mashing the pedal past him and his retarded co worker.

The lights are annoying as hell. No human interaction to judge local conditions.

The most irritating thing is 12 state guys doing nothing but stealing oxygen. They work harder at f***ing off more than performing their jobs. If you think MA is bad I got news for ya.

I'm pretty sure we let Plainville and Wrentham PD use our range. To my knowledge, no check in required.. Add to the fact that we've got a new structure downrange, and I believe the COP in Plainville is anti-civilian-gun and the town is Red/Orange still..

I'd be all for them having to pay a fee and give them allotted time. Just for the recordkeeping God forbid anything happened.

That's where Wayland's used to be, but that area was turned into Chapter 40B housing. So I don't know where Wayland PD qualifies now.
I haven't been to Wayland in years, but I remember shooting in the range in the (old Police Station) as you have enlightened us id no longer. With Dan Sauro back in the early 80's

I haven't been to Wayland in years, but I remember shooting in the range in the (old Police Station) as you have enlightened us id no longer. With Dan Sauro back in the early 80's
I was never down in the basement of the old public safety building. I seem to recall hearing that it flooded in bad rainstorms.

Mansfield and Raynham both had their DPWs build them a training range at the town dumps. Medfield is in a huge forested area.
Bedford had a range at the old town dump on Carlisle Road back in the 90’s or so. The dump is still there, but I think the range is gone.

The high school had (has?) a range in the basement as well, but I don’t think the police ever used it.

Bedford had a range at the old town dump on Carlisle Road back in the 90’s or so. The dump is still there, but I think the range is gone.

The high school had (has?) a range in the basement as well, but I don’t think the police ever used it.
Back in the 70’s my father stopped there all the time and would come home with a few logs in the trunk of the car. Cut, split, stacked, dried then into the old Jotul stove they went. He was working in Bedford at Raytheon and we lived in Westford.
I never remember hearing about any range there but all towns had dumps back then.

Back
Top Bottom