• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Channel 5 Poll Massachusetts Most Armed Town

Shoddy reporting: An LTCA doesnt automatically mean you get to carry concealed.......YOu can have restrictions, which prevents you from carrying concealed, but they dont distinguish and then talk about carrying loaded, concealed firearms. **** the media.

Notice that all but Middleboro (and maybe include them too) are rather rural towns. There may still be some breathes of freedom left in those towns, where typically everyone knows everyone . . . as opposed to the bigger communities where you are nothing but a statistic.

You have to click on the picture, then you can see the caption which tells what town etc. If you don't see the caption click on the caption button.

Thanks, just watched it. Nantucket shocked me! I used to spend alot of time on the island and it has a huge drug problem. They do a good job hiding it but alot of those fishermen and landscapers use and use heavy.

I like the irony of them showing a gun that's not MA compliant and, I believe, doesn't even have 10 round mags available.

Why do they have pictures of cops and crime scenes? Oh yea... nevermind.

Shoddy reporting: An LTCA doesnt automatically mean you get to carry concealed.......YOu can have restrictions, which prevents you from carrying concealed, but they dont distinguish and then talk about carrying loaded, concealed firearms. **** the media.

True. They should have specified that not all Class-A licenses allow for concealed carry. Typical reporting nowadays.

The list:

#10) Harwich - 7.1% (of population)
#09) Hanson - 7.2%
#08) Nantucket and Athol - 7.4% (tie)
#07) Palmer, Rehoboth, Spencer, Uxbridge - 7.6% (tie)
#06) Wareham - 7.7%
#05) Lakeville - 8.3%
#04) Middleborough - 8.6%
#03) Belchertown - 8.9%
#02) Charlton - 9%

In my David Letterman voice: "And the number one town in MA with the highest percentage of residents having an LTC-A is"

#01) Westport - 9.2%

That explains why there's so much violence in Westport. All those people carrying all those icky guns. [smile]

ETA: The above list is for towns having greater than 10,000 residents. Percentages for smaller towns are actually higher.

Last edited:
But that's about two thirds less than is was before 1998.

Does that mean crime in Mass has decreased by two thirds since then ???

Unfortunately, when debating (arguing) with people these days, It's the soundbite not the substance that often comes out on top.

"There are almost 1/4 million CCW holders in Massachusetts, yet only a small percentage of "incidents" happen each year"

My pro 2A reasoning will say that argue that responsible use of firearms doesn't affect the day to day business of the rest of the Commonwealth.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom