• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Channel 5 Poll Massachusetts Most Armed Town

So it seems in many towns between 5 andf 10 percent of the population has a LTC-A. So if you assume on average a household is comprised of 4 to 5 people (just a guess) that would suggest somewhere between 20 and 50 percent of the households are inhabited by an adult who is licensed to carry concealed. And that excludes FIDs, Classs Bs, etc.

My guess is Channel 5's real agenda with reporting these facts is to get the other 90 to 95 percent of the population concerned and alarmed about the 5 to 10 percent of the population that is "running around armed with a concealed weapons" in the hope of mobilizing public opinion to support more gun control. Also, given that we are only 5-to-10 percent of the population (and maybe 10-to-20 percent of the voters) it's no wonder Scott Brown is now pandering to the antis with respect to any version of HR 822 that might make it out of committee in the Senate. It also makes you wonder whether Romney would sign such legislation if it passed and he was the President. I tend to doubt it.

So it seems in many towns between 5 andf 10 percent of the population has a LTC-A. So if you assume on average a household is comprised of 4 to 5 people (just a guess) that would suggest somewhere between 20 and 50 percent of the households are inhabited by an adult who is licensed to carry concealed. And that excludes FIDs, Classs Bs, etc.

My guess is Channel 5's real agenda with reporting these facts is to get the other 90 to 95 percent of the population concerned and alarmed about the 5 to 10 percent of the population that is "running around armed with a concealed weapons" in the hope of mobilizing public opinion to support more gun control. Also, given that we are only 5-to-10 percent of the population (and maybe 10-to-20 percent of the voters) it's no wonder Scott Brown is now pandering to the antis with respect to any version of HR 822 that might make it out of committee in the Senate. It also makes you wonder whether Romney would sign such legislation if it passed and he was the President. I tend to doubt it.

Hmmm...The media with an alternate, subversive, agenda? Politicians that break promises?

Say it ain't so...

shocked to see lakeville......shocked that there is more than 10k residents. where are they hidding

My city did't make the list [sad2] So they need to report on how many illegal guns are carried by unlicensed people per capita. Then my city has a chance to make the list. There are far more gangbangers with guns than legal gun owners here. [rolleyes]

And people are worried about us legal types [angry]

Back
Top Bottom