CC cargo pocket

FrugalFannie

NES Member
Anyone here conceal carry in a cargo pocket? Saw a cop last night off duty carrying in a cargo pocket. Couldn't tell if he had it in a pocket holster or not. Does anyone make a pocket holster for this type of carry?

Any pocket holster will do. But one with a square bottom will work best.

And yes, cargo pockets are the only kind where I can carry a J frame without being obvious about it.

I sometimes carry my LCP in a cargo pocket. I use a regular square pocket holster. Desantis does make a cargo pocket specific holster in their Nemesis line.

Anyone here conceal carry in a cargo pocket? Saw a cop last night off duty carrying in a cargo pocket. Couldn't tell if he had it in a pocket holster or not. Does anyone make a pocket holster for this type of carry?

Bounces around too much in the cargo pocket. That cargo pocket moves much, much more than your front pants pocket, which is where I carry. I put my wallet in the cargo pocket instead -- my wallet is much lighter than a gun, so it doesn't bounce around.

Desantis now makes a holster specifically designed for the cargo pocket. It's a version of their Nemesis pocket holster.

M52.jpg

This ambidextrous holster was designed to fit the thigh pocket of most cargo pants. It is built from a very viscous material. The M52 is quite sticky and will absolutely not move out of position in the pocket. This model is reinforced and stiffened at all areas that need it. The Nemesis® Cargo keeps your firearm at arms reach and out of sight. The inside is made of slick pack cloth for a no friction draw.

I have a DeSantis pocket holster for my SW Model 36 J frame. I love it, I carry in my right front pocket. The gun itself does not print, you can tell I have something in my pocket, but it looks the same if not less obvious then a wallet or cell phone being there.

I'll carry in cargo pockets, but not on baggy cargo shorts (only in ones that fit). P3AT in a Galco Pocket Protector Holster.

While I will carry in cargo pants, I won't carry in the cargo pocket that is part way down the leg. It fits easily but flops around way too much, banging into me and is probably noticeable as "something" odd in there by other people. A J-frame in my upper pocket usually fits fine though, as long as the pocket isn't too shallow.

I have the Mika pocket holster, but it doesn't help me out with the lower pocket... it still has the flopping issue.

While I will carry in cargo pants, I won't carry in the cargo pocket that is part way down the leg. It fits easily but flops around way too much, banging into me and is probably noticeable as "something" odd in there by other people. A J-frame in my upper pocket usually fits fine though, as long as the pocket isn't too shallow.

I have the Mika pocket holster, but it doesn't help me out with the lower pocket... it still has the flopping issue.

I'm very suprised to hear that. I have a Mika square cut that I use in my cargo pockets. It stays straight. I use the round cut Mika in my jeans.

Yes - have done - will continue to do. I carry my PPS this way sometimes.

I'm very suprised to hear that. I have a Mika square cut that I use in my cargo pockets. It stays straight. I use the round cut Mika in my jeans.

Staying straight isn't the problem... it is the flopping back and forth that my pant leg does that's the problem. The pants are loose, and there is a heavy object partway down the leg in a pocket. Suppose it is in the right pocket... put leg forward, then the whole pocket moves out and away from my leg. Put leg down, and it flops back against my leg. Or something like that. Anyway, I find it annoying.

I don't have that problem with an upper pocket since those pockets press against me firmly instead of bang around.

Heck, I find even carrying a pen or car keys flopping around to be annoying. I can't imagine over a pound of metal in there!

Staying straight isn't the problem... it is the flopping back and forth that my pant leg does that's the problem. The pants are loose, and there is a heavy object partway down the leg in a pocket. Suppose it is in the right pocket... put leg forward, then the whole pocket moves out and away from my leg. Put leg down, and it flops back against my leg. Or something like that. Anyway, I find it annoying.

I don't have that problem with an upper pocket since those pockets press against me firmly instead of bang around.
Agree completely. That's why my wallet rides in the cargo pocket and my handgun rides in the upper pocket.

Both my Colt and Ruger snubbies or the Beretta .380 work great in cargo pockets.
Best way I've found for CCW.
Pistol rides in one side and balance it with magazines or speed loaders in the other.

How does your Beretta 380 carry concealed? I'm looking for the best solution.

The Beretta is pretty good,it is a bit larger than the snubbies.
The decocker and safe carry on the Beretta make it a good pocket choice.
I have a disantis pocket holster and it's as good as any option I've tried.
My pants usually have the big cargo pocket down the side of the thigh and it fits pretty comfortably. I've met friends at the range wearing just cargos and a tee and they ask why I'm not carrying. I've carried my SP101 hammerless in a cargo without a holster, but I would not be comfortable with an weapon with a hammer in that situation.
The pleated cargo pockets are fairly forgiving.
I can carry two extra magazines in the other pocket. The weight moving around has never bothered me, but it does happen. I guess it'sa personal preference and you need to try it to see how you feel. The Colt Cobra is barely noticible because of its weight. The speed loaders in the other pocket are more annoying.
The plus to me is the weapon is accessable even when sitting in a vehicle.

I've just purchased the 85FS and has 8rd mag. I wish it held more but..... I purchased a Desantis Nemesis pocket holster via eBay today for it so I hope everything works out well. I don't wear cargo pants/shorts and I don't really thing IWB is going to be my cup of tea... but I'll try it along with other methods. I like the thinness of the 85FS so maybe IWB will work.

Back
Top Bottom