• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

CCDL Testimony Highlights: Holly Sullivan, 3/13/24 Carry in Polling Places

On Wednesday March 13th, Government Administration and Elections Committee held a public hearing on proposed House Bill No. 5448 - a bill to ban the carry of firearms within 1,000 feet of a polling location, ballot box, vote counting centers, and more.

In less than 24 hours, CCDL members managed to submit over 500 letters of written testimony opposing this measure, sending a strong message to their representatives and members of the committee. This is an incredible response contrasted to the 20 people who support the bill. More than 15 CCDL members testified at the bill’s public hearing to express the frustrations of our 44,000 members.

Watch as CCDL President Holly Sullivan defends our position against section 2 of H.B. 5448.

View: https://youtu.be/_zqpI5seVLI?si=NQDCey2qA08pkdii

Unfortunately Connecticut is fighting the same battle as we are in Mass. I joined CCDL as a Mass resident and suggest we all do. Let’s show them numbers.

1,000 feet of a polling place?? What if you live next to a school? ROFL!!!

When was the last time someone stormed a polling place. . . or a city hall. . . in CT? Just damn.

It's' so hard with mASS and CT constantly battling to be the DUMBEST state in New England. Makes me sad.

What if you live next to a school?
Yep. Can look out a window and see my polling place when there are no leaves on the trees. There is a second polling place 1,500 feet away. No matter how I drive or walk from where I am I'd pass within 1000 feet of at least one polling place. Made this exact point when I wrote to oppose the bill with my state reps and for the public hearing. Not sure my local reps care since they pretty much just vote for any gun control bill that comes up. This bill would create essentially a gun free zone around me for the days/weeks voting is happening around me.

Back
Top Bottom