• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Big guys and CC

There may or may not be some health benefits by IF. But that's too much work and thinking and keeping track of unnecessary shit. That's awesome that it worked for you. Are you still doing IF as part of your everyday routine or is that only for a one time weight loss thing?

There is no special hack or trick. Literally just stop eating so much. Eat only enough for 1 person of your height, not for 2 or 3 people.

You can eat your normal 5 or 6 times a day, just enough portion for 1 person. Breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner, snack. You can have an Oreo, not 6. You can have a slice of cake, not an 1/8 of the cake. You can have chips, not half the bag.
I think that IF (Intermittent Fasting) needs to be a way of life for the long hall, you cannot go back and hope to stay trim and healthy.
There is really not much to think about. I try to eat one large meal per day followed by a small meal not much later, and don't eat 3-4 hours before bed.
Every other week I try to do an extended fast for 2-3 days to promote deep fat burning and "autophagy", in which your body cleanses itself of dead cells etc.
If I fall "off the wagon" I plug in an extended fast shortly after to maintain balance.
Our bodies were actually designed for this, dealing with food shortages (fasting) and then feasting when available (after the big kill).
You also want to try to reduce carb intake (especially processed food) and eat more natural meats, fats, and proteins (think "Keto" diet).

I'm almost six feet, 350lbs, and competed most of my teen to adult life in strongman and powerlifting. I'm a rectangle. Being "big" or "fat" is just part of the problem. Body morphology and shape is the other. Having been around other large people who carry (some who make me look tiny), I've seen varying solutions. What tends to work for just about everyone, however, is (a) wearing pants/shorts that fit and (b) a really good belt - you'll have to spend more on the belt than you'll think.

Once you have that out of the way, an IWB carry of 2-4 o'clock range works best. I do this with my Glock 47 and it's fairly comfortable, even when driving/sitting down.

"Belly Bands," of which there are cheap and good ones shouldn't be discounted either.

In the winter months, a shoulder/chest holster is great.

And if all else fails, the fanny pack carry is excellent.

Interesting, I am in shape and always thought fat guys had it easier, because carrying while wearing clothes that fit you is a pain in the a**. Too easy to print.
Fat guy responding.

Yeah loose clothes help and we can probably CC bigger stuff than you gay kids with your skinny jeans. (😉)

However, you six pack bitches can appendix carry and us fatties can’t. We have to wear our guns behind the love handles starting at 4 o’clock.

Fat guy responding.

Yeah loose clothes help and we can probably CC bigger stuff than you gay kids with your skinny jeans. (😉)

However, you six pack bitches can appendix carry and us fatties can’t. We have to wear our guns behind the love handles starting at 4 o’clock.
It's actually harder for @Broc because of the low rise Jean factor. He wants his thong to show

Fat guy responding.

Carrying a big glock in skinny jeans gets all the ladies though

Fat guy responding.

I can AIWB a G45 and add a Gov't model at 4 o'clock. Which category does thar put me in? 😘

Stud club
Kyle Hill Marvel GIF by Because Science

(Suddenly sad I don't have the hair any more)

Glad you all found your answers.

Respectfully, some of you need to lose weight. It is easy to do with a diet adjustment.

Be healthier, your health insurance, your kids, and maybe the paramedics prying you off your shitter after you've melted into it may appreciate it.

and yes slim =/= fit so there is that aspect too

F*ck the health insurance.
But the rest I agree with.

Been running stealth gear iwb for years, sitting at the 4ish o’clock position.
No problems.
I have been looking at other alternatives for kydex iwb options lately. Red Balloon, Tier 1.

Belt is essential. I have a few Kore models I rotate through.

Not really "running" it, though. ;).

I kid!!!!!

My only advice days and pages later - so few people would ever notice anyhow.

Back
Top Bottom