Carrying to a pub in Boston...aka Meninoland

Hey guys,

I am about to go to some bars in the Boston area. I'm obviously going to be sober tonight and was wondering whether these bars/clubs frisk. I plan on carrying, but I don't feel like going through the embarrassment of being treated like a criminal in case they do. Let me know what I should do.

Bring it with you, deep cover. If you see people patting down, try to discretely talk to the bouncer before he does. If they say no guns, well you can't come in, it's private property. They can't arrest you unless you refuse to leave. Bring a small safe or some other means of leaving it secure in your car in case this happens. Likely they wouldn't find it even if they did pat you down, most are just going through the motions.

Some do, some don't. Not that it matters - I've had them slap both my primary and backup, then let me in without a word. I think they do it to look good. If you're carrying legally, what's your worry?

Don't be stupid. You have no need to carry in of all places a bar. Sounds like its an open invitation for trouble. Its just not worth it.

Don't be stupid. You have no need to carry in of all places a bar. Sounds like its an open invitation for trouble. Its just not worth it.

What the f**K is wrong with you? If he can carry, he can carry. Jesus! Peel off the Light Days With Wings and think before you post. If you can carry legally, why give up that right anytime? The first step to losing your rights is to make up laws limiting them, and then obey them on your own.

(Thanks DrGrant for that line).

I'm carrying...I'm going deep. I've just had two ladies test-frisk me [wink] and neither could tell.

BTW, If I knew where and when I would definately need a gun, I would avoid that place. Unfortunately GOD did not give me that ability so I figure to bring it everywhere.

its not worth the hassle

HUH? Why the hell not!?!?

What you're saying is that even if you can carry legally, then carrying in the very place where you'll probably need it the most is "Not worth the hassle"?

Sorry, but that's loser talk.

Last edited:
I'm carrying...I'm going deep. I've just had two ladies test-frisk me [wink] and neither could tell.

BTW, If I knew where and when I would definately need a gun, I would avoid that place. Unfortunately GOD did not give me that ability so I figure to bring it everywhere.

That is NOT loser talk. Well said. Godspeed friend.

I'm going to agree with Eddie on this one!! Like you said if I can legally carry concealed, then why the hell shouldn't I. Unless I'm federal ground, then I obviously don't need personal protection [sarcasm warning]

In general I stay out of bars. I carry all of the time. When I do go to a bar I still carry. I do not drink alcohol if I am carrying, but I carry. I carry every where I legally can. Period. It is not a hassle at all.

Key word in the concealed carry weapon is Concealed!
Buffermop, the issue usually is not the establishment but the people lurking about looking to roll a few drunks after closing. There has been 1 or 2 cases of crime known to happen in the city after dark.

when I took my saftey class to get my permit, I took it at S+W. We were told that if an establishment derived 51% of its income from alcohol sales, you could not carry a gun there. Is this true?

when I took my saftey class to get my permit, I took it at S+W. We were told that if an establishment derived 51% of its income from alcohol sales, you could not carry a gun there. Is this true?
Did you take the "Texas Edition" of the class? (I'm not sure they even offer such a class). The 51% rule is a Texas law and, to the best of my knowledge, does not exist in other states. Some states have very strict no bar rules - for example, the food court in VA malls is off limits if any of the vendors are permitted to sell beer for consumption in that area. Ditto for restaurants in AZ thanks to Gove Napolitano's veto. Some other states have bans on areas the "primary purpose" of which is alcohol sales for on premises consumption, but do not have an broad AZ/VA ban on restaurants simply because alcohol is sold.

MA has law against carrying while intoxicated, but no bar ban per se - but, as everyone this forum knows, all it takes is for the licensing official to consider you actions such that you would be "unsuitable to be so licensed" and you'll be limited to an FID.

My brother was also told this by the Norton PD. Bar carry is not restricted in this state. I have never been to a bar and never plan to in the future...however, if I did...that would be a 3 mag trip. [smile]

A guy I game with online got in a fight after having drinks at a bar when some bikers came in and tried to cause trouble. This was down south. He ended up fighting about half a dozen of them. He pulled his CCW, apparently warned them to stay back, but they were already all over him. He hit one superficially in the face and then was almost beaten to death before LE got there. He's now charged with felony assault while the other guys aren't getting charged.

He may get out of it because the gang is suspected in at least one murder, but I think the lesson is, fine to carry in a bar but make damn sure you don't drink.

And perhaps it's a good idea to avoid biker bars. [wink]

Yup. What's that saying? Avoid stupid places, stupid people, and stupid things. Don't go to rough bars. Personally, I generally don't go to bars at all and do my drinking at home...

\
I don't like bars and clubs anyway. I find them to be very boring places to be, I'd rather be home playing World of Warcraft than sitting in some bar with a bunch of pissy boozers looking for a fight. It takes a real man to level a druid to level 70, bar fights pale in comparison to the slaughter that goes on in battlegrounds in WOW. [smile]

Can't believe you admitted to playing WoW. I've lost friends to that game. I play BF2 in the small amount of free time I have that isn't spent sleeping or at the range.

And perhaps it's a good idea to avoid biker bars. [wink]

Personally I prefer biker bars. Not the local patch holder hangout, but just a general biker bar.

Real people, not the false type that frequent the Boston scene.

I have made some really good friends in these places.

Yeah, a few fights involving broken pool cues and bar stools, but then you buy each other a drink afterwards. Except the one guy who played Michael Jackson on the juke. He ended up in the dumpster!

If we as LTC holders keep listening to these made-up laws and other BS, we might as well just give up our guns altogether!

If you are not drinking, carry if you chose. If you are made, leave if they ask. Be polite and then take it as a lesson to rethink you mode of concealment.

I worked on Lansdowne for years and we would not allow carry pieces into the building unless you were a LEO. Private Property and take the firearm out of the equation.

We used to pat down everyone, the Roxy i beleive still does but other clubs i aint sure.

When I decided to take resposibility for my own safety and carry, I pondered when and where I should do this. Since I don't know when or where I will need to defend my life, the answer seemed simple, always.[smile]

I worked on Lansdowne for years and we would not allow carry pieces into the building unless you were a LEO. Private Property and take the firearm out of the equation.

We used to pat down everyone, the Roxy i beleive still does but other clubs i aint sure.

Are these pat-downs that would discover a Smartcarry?

F

Back
Top Bottom