• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

carrying at work

The other day I had to go get fitted for a tux and the guy asked me to take off my sweater so he could measure. So I told him that I needed to use his changing booth for a second. I handed it to my wife. Didn't want SWAT showing up at the mall. [laugh] Would have loved to see the look on his face if I raised my shirt and exposed my gun.

Last time I got fitted, I just took off my fleece. The guy hesitated for a minute, until I said 'This is how I will be dressing so take your measurements.' No questions, no comments, and it fit great.

I carry every day. Concealed carry means concealed carry. You can get a new job, can you get a second life?
Likewise. No policy at my company. I don't think they even phantom that I carry. I usually pocket carry. Have it in my pants pocket. Sometimes I put it into the little locked safe in my drawer. Never leave it in my jacket pocket if I don't have the jacket on.
My yacht club has an explicit no carry policy (because of one a**hole who abused things), so I lock my firearm in my trunk.

The other day I had to go get fitted for a tux and the guy asked me to take off my sweater so he could measure. So I told him that I needed to use his changing booth for a second. I handed it to my wife. Didn't want SWAT showing up at the mall. [laugh] Would have loved to see the look on his face if I raised my shirt and exposed my gun.

Actually had a whole discussion with they guy who did two suits for me (we bought 2 suits instead of renting a tux for a wedding). Ended up doing the final adjustments with the holster on (after all I was going to wear it at the wedding anyway)
Turns out he carries sometimes and didn't mind, main street formals in accusnet

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

Last edited:
My company has a No weapons policy but it wouldn't do any good to break it because I drive tractor trailer and go to Mass every day. A whole lot of felony charges there. Not worth it.

More people are killed by hammers than guns. Assuming you carry a hammer, you're already covered.

My work has a "no weapons" policy, which AFAIK is as open-ended as it sounds. I have no need to carry though because we have chain-link fences, turnstiles, unarmed security and a solid shelter-in-place plan complete with posted maps showing where to congregate. Fortunately there are many people to choose from when selecting human shields.
More people are killed by hammers than by "assault weapons", but more people are killed by guns than by hammers, unless hammer deaths last year went up 20 or 30 times.

I am also a carpenter, drywaller, painter, finisher, minor plumber, minor electrician, general everything guy and I find it impossible to carry at work also. I find myself contorted in awkward positions a lot of time plus most of my work is in stores all over the country so CC is limited.

We got a new insurance company and somehow we got a new policy letter. One of the policies states that no guns are allowed at work. I had to sign it even though I have guns shipped there quite often. My boss also has one there that only he and I know where is.

Speaking of awkward positions Wednesday I had to climb 10' down between two walls to tighten up 3 toilet carriers in Connecticut.

image_zps3yymc6cj.jpg

Last time I got fitted, I just took off my fleece. The guy hesitated for a minute, until I said 'This is how I will be dressing so take your measurements.' No questions, no comments, and it fit great.

My daughter's wedding will be in the caymans. I don't think I can cc there. [smile]

when you're a carpenter half the things in your tool belt are weapons.

snicker. So, a buddy of mine has some friends who are patched. He's riding with a couple of them in NYC one day and gets pulled over. The officer who pulled them over asks one of the patched guys what the chromed hammer bungied to his handle bars is for. Guy responds "I'm a carpenter for Jesus". No laws in NYC against a hammer, and it makes one hell of a weapon...

Did the same being fitted for my buddy's wedding. The girl complimented my on my XDm and then told me she was a glock girl ;)

I went from a company that required ccw (because I wrote it into the manual) to a company that prohibits weapons and trains employees, literally, you attend a class, on how to properly shelter in place, complete with instructions on how to turn conference tables into barricades and if you do have to slink out to make sure you're hands are held high so the police know you are a good guy.

Still, I did secretly take my boss to the range once. Shhh. Nobody knows.

I went from a company that required ccw (because I wrote it into the manual) to a company that prohibits weapons and trains employees, literally, you attend a class, on how to properly shelter in place, complete with instructions on how to turn conference tables into barricades and if you do have to slink out to make sure you're hands are held high so the police know you are a good guy.

Still, I did secretly take my boss to the range once. Shhh. Nobody knows.

Did you include a paragraph on the difference between concealment and cover?

Did you include a paragraph on the difference between concealment and cover?
The SIP course I mentioned is none of my doing. It leaves one with the impression that a conference table is all you really need to stop bullets.

My policy was: carry firearms as necessary or preferred. In my case that meant a pistol on or near me, a rifle within 8' and a cannon in the corner.

Of course, I worked from a home office at that time...

The CEO and most upper management of my company are anti republicans (ain't that choice). That being said...I don't let that stop me being able to defend myself at work.

I wasn't licensed when I got married; I wore a kilt. Now that I think about it, it could be pretty sweet to CC in the sporrran....maybe an idea for future formal events.

I wasn't licensed when I got married; I wore a kilt. Now that I think about it, it could be pretty sweet to CC in the sporrran....maybe an idea for future formal events.

rotfl... you laugh but my wife got me a 'utilikilt' knock off for by birthday last year and since i carry everyday anyway... that has pockets though...

rotfl... you laugh but my wife got me a 'utilikilt' knock off for by birthday last year and since i carry everyday anyway... that has pockets though...

I'm a big fan of kilts and wear them at any formal event I can...it depends on the situation though.

I have not tried the utilikits although I've heard of them. Any good?

I'm a big fan of kilts and wear them at any formal event I can...it depends on the situation though.

I have not tried the utilikits although I've heard of them. Any good?

Like I said, I have a knock off but I've heard they are well built

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

I carry concealed at work everyday. There is no HR policy for firearms here although we were verbally told years ago after an incident that they were not allowed. Some dummy had gone into the stall in the bathroom and for whatever reason decided to take his handgun out of it's holster and left it on top of the tp holder. Someone else found it and turned it into the owner who was understandably heated and made a declaration at the time that he didn't want any firearms in the building. Like I said that was years ago and nothing was ever put in writing regarding an official policy.

Some dummy had gone into the stall in the bathroom and for whatever reason decided to take his handgun out of it's holster and left it on top of the tp holder. Someone else found it and turned it into the owner who was understandably heated and made a declaration at the time that he didn't want any firearms in the building.

Gotta love it when some bozo ruins things for everyone else...

Can't conceal carry at work, but even if I could, don't think I'd want to given the fact it's a locked inpatient psych unit ;-)

This. Because the one time you're NOT carrying might be the one time you wish you WERE.
Because I'd rather be judged by HUNDREDS of backwards thinking, idiot Anti's than carried by six.
+1

(also, one post mentioned a boss who knows he carries...anyone who tells their boss/supervisor/manager/co-worker, etc, or tells ANYONE that they carry? Especially in MA? Carry a g-g-g-GUN?? (OMG! WTF! He owns a g-g-g."...etc, all over Facebook, Twitter, etc)..You're simply asking for trouble/problems/Anti BS/etc...Concealed means NOBODY knows. Plus, suppose it's your "manager" or "supervisor" who is actually the one who shows up with an A/R and goes postal someday. Guess who he's gonna pop first, or immediately after popping his boss. But if he doesn't know you carry, he's in for a hell of a surprise when he stands up at his desk and declares it's judgment day...

Last edited:
I work in a school so I am forced to be one of the fish in the barrel from when I leave for work until I get home.

I work a desk job, but there's no law barring carry, nothing in the policies and procedures specifically prohibiting me from carrying, and the vast majority of my coworkers carry.

Sent from the dark side.

Back
Top Bottom